Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 312votes)

Hirunaka no Ryuusei

Alt Names: alt A Love Story in Moist Rainy Daysalt ひるなかの流星alt แสงดาวกลางใจalt Cookie Girl, Cream Boyalt Daytime Shooting Staralt Estrella Fugaz durante el díaalt Günışığında Kayan Yıldızalt Hatsukoi Murasakialt Hirunaka no Ryūseialt Hirunaka no Ryuseialt Purple Lovealt Tsuyu Kaorualt Una Stella Cadente In Pieno Giornoalt 昼行闪耀的流星alt Дневной звездопад
Author: Yamamori Mika
Artist: Yamamori Mika
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: When her father transfers overseas, fifteen-year old country girl Suzume has to move to Tokyo to live with her uncle. Lost and confused in Tokyo, she bumps into a mysterious man. Who is he? And it turns out he's her homeroom teacher...?

Special:
> Hirunaka Shikkaku
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/hirunaka-shikkaku-r9404 )

Special #2:
>Hirunaka no Chouchou & Hibi Ryuusei
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/hirunaka-no-chouchou-hibi-ryuusei-r12754 )
Go to Hirunaka no Ryuusei Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Shishio VS Mamura New Window chiibit
  • 0 Replies
Topic Latest Ch. Discussion New Window kulekrizpy
  • 14 Replies
Topic Your Favorite Interactions! New Window holanio
  • 5 Replies

539 Comments

In the end, I think the problem with this for me is that it was a romance manga, but I actually enjoyed the characters much more when they were just hacking around forming friendships and stuff instead of being in a romance.  Which is odd since I'm a diehard romance fan.

Well, that was expectedly bland. I called that ending 2 chapters ago. I can't really recall when it turned sour, but overall, it was an averagely enjoyable read.

extra chapter extra chapter

This story made no sense. Even by manga standards this was nothing more than a little girl's crush. A handsome teacher swarmed by adolescent girls falls in love with one after she puts on makeup? Sounds very believable....  I decided to give this a shot since i liked Last Game and Horimiya but shoujo just isnt for me.

So.. is the series over?

YES.

that is all.

So now that it's over I can say... Wow. Even though I was rooting for Mamura, damn... That answer to the teacher's confession made my heart hurt just a teensy bit.

ANIME ADAPTATION WHEN?

Still can't get over the fact that 'BullShit!!!' was added as an alias of the series.

Gentle boys are NOT boring. Kill this belief that there has to be high drama, extreme angst, and young women being hit on older men against their will for it to be interesting. Sensei has shown several times he has no regard for her, her feelings, or her life. That's gross.

I feel like Horimiya has completely obliterated that belief. Or at least, I hope it has.

Spoiler

fde6daee96.png

Spoiler

But with this

Spoiler

Now my hope

Spoiler

Welp, I read 78 in spanish, apparently it has been out for a while. 

Whatever, it's over, good riddance.

I guess this is what happens when authors write while looking at ratings and fan-mail. 

BIG SPOILER AHEAD

If you do not wish to spoil the ending, please don't open the spoiler.

Spoiler

img-1811043-2-205692__safe_pinkie-pie_so

Meh, after so much back and forth it is unlikely that any ending would feel satisfying. I'm ok with how things turn out according to the spoilers, but I'm not sure I will be able to trust her feelings are honest after so much twinkly eyes toward the other guy. I guess we'll see when the translations are out.

Looks like this is what people who don't know better do to make an interesting story: Just add one more plot twits to the ammount other people are using at the time. So you end up with:

She loves A

that can't be though so she goes for B

but no, she actually loved A all along

ha! got you fooled, she loves B.

Chunchun has to decide: The one she loves or the one that loves her. 

Correct me if my understanding is wrong. It was a tough one for her but tbh, There's a thin line difference between pity and like. It seems like she "fell in love" with Mamura because she doesnt want him to get hurt anymore. See what I mean? she doesnt want Mamura to feel how broken she felt towards Sensei (unrequited love) because she knows how much it hurts. And it doesnt do justice to Mamura since he's so kind and martyr and etc. 

For sensei,I think he learned a lot this time. He was over thinking things (which I think is good) about their future together. 

I hope Im not looking much into the story plot. wink.gif

And also, one of the reasons why I can't accept the ending is that Suzume's uncle never told her the real reason why Shishio broke up with her. :/ I can't believe this manga ended with her being clueless about it. 

I'm glad there are mangas like Horimiya that can heal broken heart from the pain of love triangle stories.

It seemed like a lot of consistency and realism was sacrificed for the sake of keeping the tension around who she was going to pick. We needed far more proof that Suzume loved Mamura without the constant shadow of Shishio and Suzume's uncertainness.Mamura is a good and likeable character and I know most Shizume fans would have easily accepted the Mazume canon if they believed in it more. Where is Suzume's smile??? I want to see this again http://mangafox.me/manga/hirunaka_no...2/c012/20.html

Well I will say I'm glad I read it, despite my feelings on the ending. Shishio is one of my top ten fictional characters and the art is beautiful.

she really is country bumpkin......she flew all the way from trip and leaving behind the person she loves only to dump the other person .......where is commonsence....and the kiss scene really creeped me ....

she always saw sensei always thinks about him......and suddenly dump him and goes for kissing scene in last pages////

basically there was no feel in suzume*mamura .....and what with mamura ...is he not got manly pride like sensei he should have supported suzume*sensei after knowing the truth the reason behind their breakup...but he shamelessly ....hide it from her...

r010.jpg?v=11404088981

and the reason sensei dumped her was not explain......seriously??? the whole story centered around how she was dumped...

suzume character was very weak in second half of the story.....

really bad writing of story.......

This is actually the very first time I'm wrong about an endgame couple in a manga, ever. I'm not even talking about what I wanted to be the endgame, but what I expected based on analysing the characters behaviour and psyche. There were many times I knew that, even though I prefered one couple, the other was more likely to or absolutely going to happen. This was not the case here.
In regards to HnR, I'd always liked Shizume better and considered them to be what the autor was writingabout. Reading that last chapter made me feel extremely unconfortable. It made me question, first, my reading skills. After checking that and regaining some confidence back, I can only tell you people: this was really bad writing. That makes me very disappointed now, because this feels like a huge waste of time. Unfortunately, this will not be something I'll carry with me. Quite a let down.

I dropped this wayy long back, when it looks like Sensei seems to back off and Mamura seems going to have his spotlight and I assumed it will be the typical 'I'm going to date this guy but it won't work out because I still love Sensei'. I like Mamura and the thought he will be put through that makes me drop the series like hot coals. 

Just to found out he actually wins in the end. Like really wins. The plucky classmate actually wins against an adult/sensei! That's like a miracle in shoujo! Still not going to read the whole series, only the end.

This manga is shallow with stupid love triangle. That get drag on 70+ chapters ....seriously someone has to stop this money hungry mangakar and the editor....

Mangaka* and please go home lol

For some reason, chapter 77 is at the bottom.

Please watch out, in spoiler below is about the ending, (I read a summaray)

Spoiler

Ok, author. I can deal with this. At least they're not going around in circles now.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics