Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 271votes)

Rain

Alt Names: alt レイン
Author: Yoshino Takumi
Artist: Sumikawa Megumi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The continent Murgenia, where they master swordsmanship and magic:

The small country of Sunkwoll is in a tight spot because it's under attack from the great country Zarmin. But General Rain, who's reputed to be an exceptionally gifted swordsman, is against the war and won't enter the battle. But how is one supposed to wage a war like this anyway?

Based on the light novel series of the same name.

============Notice================
Unfortunately the comic (or parts of it) was scanlated by groups that don't allow rehosting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
==========Notice End==============

Side Story:
> Rain Gaiden - Vampire Master
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/rain-gaiden-vampire-master-r11709 )
Go to Rain Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raws New Window garismaatti
  • 0 Replies
Topic Confused about something from the prequel. New Window morlyn
  • 5 Replies
Topic Rain is a annoyingly OP annoyingly central character. New Window truepurple
  • 59 Replies
Topic Sunkwoll's power New Window pothb
  • 0 Replies
Topic Rain's relation to Ralphus New Window icedpyro
  • 0 Replies
Topic Adaptation in anime? New Window Alchemist
  • 1 Replies

590 Comments

So what happened to that black-haired girl?

@Helz At least he got to keep his hair!

You know.. while i occasionally like Rain for how blatantly overpowered the protagonist is and whatnot, on the long run it just sits in that Rain is just authors fapdream.. He gets princess and half a kingdom (propably whole kingdom if he just said so..), he drinks and dreams during daylight while skipping annoying responsibilities, everybody praises how good guy he is, we got vampires, devils, half devils and soon propably orcs and goblins trying to dive into his pants.. He has magical sword of immense power, magical powers, propably immortality and given time we find out he cant even age..

Rain is thousand times more enjoyable than Maou no hajimekata and Re:Monster but I find it occasionally tiring.. Just silence the chorus for one minute since by now i can propably read in his shining light..

Well.. he did do a trainining driven by loss.. i guess we have another onepunchman.

>Uploaded 6 days ago
>Only got notifiied now

Notify-chan,
You have failed me...

Read the groups delay policy and you will know why.

>Uploaded 6 days ago
>Only got notifiied now

Notify-chan,
You have failed me...

Yep, it went the youtube route...

Jeez, I didn't realize Rain had that dark of a past.

WHO DAT
>Uploaded 6 days ago
>Only got notifiied now

Notify-chan,
You have failed me...

I hope another team will pick this up if the releases are so slow.

I remember the team saying that they wouldn't release the chapter per month because they'll wait for the tankobon and then release the whole volume (it was last year I think). Seems like they didn't keep their words.

There's 73 chapters now (raw).

Check the scanlator's site. They recently released 3 chapters

I hope another team will pick this up if the releases are so slow.

I remember the team saying that they wouldn't release the chapter per month because they'll wait for the tankobon and then release the whole volume (it was last year I think). Seems like they didn't keep their words.

There's 73 chapters now (raw).

Cover 13!!

71koSXYwgwL.jpg

Nah. What happened is...

Rain: "Lets end this saga once and for all!"

Everyone: "Nope."

Not yet, author doesn't want it now.

Naive, allow me to say something abvious.

First battle Reygul only show up about 1-5% of his power and win against Rain, unexpected, Rain don't die but use LIMIT BREAK and slash him.

Get interested in Rain power he kidnap the princess only to know princess have special power too.

Second battle he show up about 10-20% of his power and threaten everyone, Rain once against break it. Get more interested Reygul retreat again. Waitng for Rain to level up more.

This is only the third time they met, as most Rain can only about 40% of Reygul power now. If they battle no doubt that Rain will die.

But I agree that Rain is so hot-headed, he should slain 3 of demon generals (or rather 3 small fries) instead of trying attack Reygul and retreat.

Normally I'd agree with that if Rain didn't always act aloof while still being a genius tactician effortlessly running circles around every single person in the manga as if they were lost puppies, letting them play all their cards while he walks in with a full deck every time.

He hasn't been doing any training or power ups that would warrant his "growth" in being able to handle more and more of Reyguls attacks either. You assume that Reygul is the one testing him and amused with his efforts while holding back, but I have no doubt that Rain is playing this game right back at him, but on a whole other level.

In all honesty I think this whole war is just a mind game between the two of them, Sherlock VS Moriarty style.

First battle Reygul only show up about 1-5% of his power and win against Rain, unexpected, Rain don't die but use LIMIT BREAK and slash him.

Get interested in Rain power he kidnap the princess only to know princess have special power too.

Second battle he show up about 10-20% of his power and threaten everyone, Rain once against break it. Get more interested Reygul retreat again. Waitng for Rain to level up more.

This is only the third time they met, as most Rain can only about 40% of Reygul power now. If they battle no doubt that Rain will die.

But I agree that Rain is so hot-headed, he should slain 3 of demon generals (or rather 3 small fries) instead of trying attack Reygul and retreat.

Agreed, I think Reygul would wipe the floor with Rain's a*s if he were to fight seriously. He's just been testing him.

Well, I have fun playing games and reading books/manga.... I guess almighty demons find entertainment in different ways lol

Thanks for the chapter~!

Flashback time everyone? The last page on the latest translated chapter shows a mountain which i suppose is the place where Rain meets Hawk(if you don't know, read Rain gaiden-Vampire master), ...or am i just overthinking this?

Reygul couldn't beat Rain in a 1v1 when they first met, in fact Reygul lost his Relic/Enchanted/Cursed sword that gave him any kind of edge to Rain in that fight. Reyguls thing is being able to cast giant spells without needing to chant them, Rain is already the antithesis to that due to his anti magic shield. The only way I could see Rain losing is if all the demons ganged up on him at the same time.

Spoiler

i think what they did was logical. the enemy camp understands it too. reygul is static in power. he already reached his peak and is still probably stronger than rain. compared to reygul, rain still has room for growth. it's like in dota 2 where a team has better potential late game so they bide their time. no need to rush and win while suffering losses or injuries.

Reygul couldn't beat Rain in a 1v1 when they first met, in fact Reygul lost his Relic/Enchanted/Cursed sword that gave him any kind of edge to Rain in that fight. Reyguls thing is being able to cast giant spells without needing to chant them, Rain is already the antithesis to that due to his anti magic shield. The only way I could see Rain losing is if all the demons ganged up on him at the same time.

Spoiler

This chapter...  author had a brain fart..... just prolonging the war for no reason, Rain could beat all of them, especially with the aid of all the most OP allies right there at his disposal, but nooo "Rain you can't beat the main boss right now cause reasons even though you're single handedly taking everyone out as it is, We must retreat despite having a clear advantage!"

i think what they did was logical. the enemy camp understands it too. reygul is static in power. he already reached his peak and is still probably stronger than rain. compared to reygul, rain still has room for growth. it's like in dota 2 where a team has better potential late game so they bide their time. no need to rush and win while suffering losses or injuries.

This chapter...  author had a brain fart..... just prolonging the war for no reason, Rain could beat all of them, especially with the aid of all the most OP allies right there at his disposal, but nooo "Rain you can't beat the main boss right now cause reasons even though you're single handedly taking everyone out as it is, We must retreat despite having a clear advantage!"

Cool!

Thanks for update!

too soon.

This whole thread LMAO xD

​That's what Steve gets for stealing that bamboo!

Well, now we don't have to concern ourselves with Steve anymore, just as you wish?

too soon.

Goddammit I'm sorry but I just can't take the guy named Steve seriously. He's cool and all, but his brother is given a badass name like "Veltran" and this guy gets "Steve". 

Well, now we don't have to concern ourselves with Steve anymore, just as you wish?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics