Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 40votes)

MuvLuv Alternative

Alt Names: alt マブラヴ Alternativealt マブラヴ オルタネイティヴalt マブラヴ・オルタネイティブalt Muv-Luv Alternativealt Мув Лув Альтернатива
Author: Age
Artist: Makishima Azusa
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMecha MechaSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Based on the game by Age, sequel to MuvLuv Unlimited, taking place in an alternate universe where the Earth is invaded by aliens.

In Alternative, Takeru wakes up three years after the end of Unlimited to find himself back in his room. Although he first thinks that everything that had happened to him was a dream, he soon feels that something is wrong, and leaves the house to find that he has been sent back in time to the beginning of the events in Unlimited. Unwilling to accept something like Alternative V, he decides to help professor Kouduki to complete Alternative IV and save mankind.

Prequel:

> MuvLuv Unlimited
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/muvluv-unlimited-r4906)

Spin-Off:

> MuvLuv Alternative - Total Eclipse
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/muvluv-alternative-total-eclipse-r4862)
Go to MuvLuv Alternative Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic vol 7 end New Window orphen21
  • 6 Replies
Topic Visual Novel New Window Thunder Wolf
  • 4 Replies
Topic Who is Kasumi? New Window Mokata
  • 8 Replies
Topic Who is Kasumi? New Window Mokata
  • 0 Replies

85 Comments

Muv Luv oddly enough is the closest thing your ever going to get a Warhammer 40k anime. I should really get around to playing the game with those patches, but I feel too lazy at times.

I Love this series but damn it bro would be nice to see more of it :)

No update. Why must you taunt me kidcongo :(

I just got here with the CG Game it's pretty awesome, you guys could try it too,

A WILD SAINTGIRI APPEARS!

The stupid will burn in the next few chapters, I'm quite sure of that.

why are several pages missing?

why does it take so long ?

Furthermore, it seems chapter 29 is already out.

Because they're using tankobons, and not magazine scans.

why does it take so long ?

Furthermore, it seems chapter 29 is already out.

AN UPDATE!!!!

Okay, in the MuvLuv wiki THIS is Marimo's picture

250px-1305220086903.png

That's just plain evil^^

Shirogane has cheatlife enabled travel back to save point start all over again.

But at cost of his sanity

Spoiler

Nice view he got there^^

You know It took forever for the translations so I went ahead and did the visual novels. That was almost 2 years ago. I think I made a good choice.

Not saying I wasn't thankful for the translations (thanks btw) but I just had to know what was going to happen.

I really do like how each series of the manga adaption had a different artist, with the proportion of the characters growing more and more realistic with each series, mirroring the changing genre.

Goddam high school english making me type useless pseudo analysis about manga. Fffffffffffffack.

...Though this series is certainly good enough to merit it though.

Well, look at where the story brought us^^

1) MuvLuv (the original one, the visual novel):

Slice of life themed story, no betas, mechs or anything like that

2) MuvLuv Unlimited

Haha, "Unlimited" hits the nail on the head, the story heads from slice of life straight into a paralell universe where earth is invaded by big, creepy aliens

Then, things go south, 100.000 people escape earth (Alternative V), everyone else (about 900 million people) are left behind to do a stupid "final stand"

3) MuvLuv Alternative

Lol, again, interesting choice on how to name the story...

Starts where "Unlimited" left off, shit happens, MC gets defeated *cheatmode enabled --> travels back in time into another dimension--> tries to fix stuff before Alternative V happens (again)

So, all I gotta say about that "trilogy":

20121126162947!Boy-that-escalated-quickl

Next time, on MuvLuv Alternative:

abf.jpg

Thanks for the update!

@michaelman90

no, no, no, i knew exactly what he meant when he was talking about my name, just thought that my response was appropriate since he was attacking me in the process. Plus why does it seem like everyone thinks i said, "i have a problem with how MuvLuv Alternative turned out", when i've never actually said anything about hating it?

Also, when i said,

@Grimzz

i read through half of it, it was "ok" up until it got near the coup d'etat, then it started going all down hill because the guy broke alot of character parameters and there were inconsistencies poping up here and there.

it appears that everyone who read it where unable to notice the @Grimzz i wrote, indicating that i was talking to a different person about a different conversation. If they had even bothered to check out Grimzz's latest comment, it would be about the Fan-made story "Muv Luv: One Last Time into the Loop" by PaulXion. Then by this logic they would be able to deduct that i wasn't talking to imercenary and i also wasn't talking about MuvLuv Alternative.
@T2Needles

imercenary's crack about not continuing something due to not liking a specific part of it in regards to your name apparently went over your head. I highly doubt he has any problem whatsoever about your name, he was just trying to prove a point.

I'm also curious as to these "character parameters" he broke. Everything I saw in Alternative made perfect sense to me as far as the characters went.

I don't see why people dislike stories with main heroines dying gruesomely; this is a world filled with aliens intent on wiping out the human race: people dying, whether they're close to the main character or not, is completely believable and realistic, especially considering they're more or less on the front lines. You're supposed to be sad and then get over it along with the main character; it's called empathy, and stories that can evoke it are made better for it in my book.
@imercenary

lol ok, slow down... it appears that your rage has gotten the best of you.. that, or you have very poor reading comprehension.

First of all, i haven't bashed the VN at all and neither has Mikoda, all i said was that the *CHOMP* scene caught me off gaurd, and all Mikoda said was that a part of the VN shocked and ruined the story for him. Overall, i believe the *CHOMP* scene was definitely needed as it was a crucial part in the story.

Second, why read it? did you even read what Mikoda wrote? he said and i quote,

Spoiler
This was totally unexpected and a really wtf moment. I don't like this type of story and would not have read it if i had known.

or what? did you want him to somehow un-read what he has already read?

Third, all Mikoda did was put out a warning for people, lay off your pills.

Last of all, why should i care about what you think about my name? if you think it looks stupid then so be it, im not going to argue about such a dumb thing that took me litterally less than 5 seconds to come up with, much less change it because someone i don't even know thinks its stupid. i mean seriously, if your going to say insults atleast put some time into it.

the important parts are in bold, since it appears that i have to make main points into a different font for you to read the correct bits since everything else just flies over your head.
@T2Needles

If people don't like a certain part of a VN why read it? If they bash very, very specific parts, why can't I bash them back?

I don't like the number in your name, I think you're an idiot! The rest of your name is fine though. I just didn't read the rest of it once I got to the stupid number part.
@imercenary

lol sure Gore was implied long ago, so let me rephrase myself, people tend to be against main-plot characters(such as dating candidates) dying a horrible death, this is amplified if they show the actual CG scene which in the case that Mikoda is talking about they did. Look don't start attacking people just because they say they don't like a part of the VN, if they stop because of it then they're just missing out on the story. talking to them as if they were idiots who didn't notice other scenes before it won't do you much good as im pretty sure they don't really give a damn about the other scenes since they're not as emotionally attached to it.

@Grimzz

i read through half of it, it was "ok" up until it got near the coup d'etat, then it started going all down hill because the guy broke alot of character parameters and there were inconsistencies poping up here and there.
@T2Needles

I'm sorry, but did you fail to miss the human brain with spinal cord still attached to it in Unlimited? Gore was implied long in advance.
Precariously popular. A lot of VN-readers hate that fanfiction quite a bit, including me. It's a YMMV fanfic, and please don't base any quality judgments on the series based on it.

Total Eclipse anime was crap. Utter crap. In the light novels, at least, you could take Yui seriously - it's that bad. I am sorely disappointed in how the anime degnerated into standard harem comedy with bits of mecha and bits of random alien action. In fact, if Total Eclipse turned out that way, I'd rather not see MLA adapted, since it would take a lot of effort, and I don't want it to be another farce like Tsukihime.

Regarding chomp, I thought it was most appropriate. In fact, that scene ends up as one of the most memorable scenes in MLA, in a good way. The PTSD arc that follows after, and the aftermath we seem from post-PTSD Takeru and the rest of the Valkeyries is just heartwarming to say the least.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics