Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 314votes)

Youjo Senki

Alt Names: alt A Little Girl's Military Recordalt บันทึกสงคราม ของยัยเผด็จการalt 幼女戦記alt Die Militärischen Aufzeichnungen eines kleinen Mädchensalt 유녀 전기alt Saga Of Tanya The Evilalt 战记alt Колдунья в погонахalt Военная хроника маленькой девочки
Author: Carlo Zen
Artist: Toujou Chika
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyGender Bender Gender BenderHistorical HistoricalPsychological PsychologicalSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "There's a little girl on the foremost lines of war.

With blond hair, blue eyes and porcelain white skin this little girl mercilessly terrorizes the enemy from high above in the sky. The name of this girl is Tanya Degurechaff, and she commands the army with a cute girlish lisp.

But in reality, she is one of Japan's most elite salarymen, reborn as a little girl thanks to the whims of God. Will this little girl become the most dangerous being amongst the sorcerers of the imperial army?"

-description via /ak/ wiki

adapted from the light novel series of the same name
Go to Youjo Senki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Anime New Window Perkonswolf5
  • 8 Replies
Topic Aircraft is exist in Youjo senki universe, why do they still need mages? New Window al_pacino
  • 19 Replies
Topic Technical details New Window kwendy
  • 6 Replies

706 Comments

cvqfsAzxGu.jpg

Sure general, sureeeeee

Spoiler

What I find endearing in this story is that the more you "believe" in the gods, the more you're insane and fail to understand the viewpoint of your opponents.

Anson never stopped to think that the fall of his country was the result of the mistakes of his government. He blamed everything on the Empire in general and Tanya in particular. What were they supposed to do? Lay down and die for the sake of HIS country?

And did he stop to think about Mary and how she would have probably preferred a living father instead of a dead "hero" fighting for a country run by fools manipulated by The Republic and the United Kingdom?

Same thing for the english commander, or the Republic Captain. Everyone hates on the Empire and Tanya, and how they are ruthless and how they should absolutely lose, because "god is with us", but in this world, it seems the Empire isn't even the aggressor. The other countries thought it was becoming too strong militarily, and attacked preemptively. The Empire just keeps on defending itself and winning, earning it more fear and hate.

So, maybe, actually, Tanya is the only sane one in that world.

huh weird....this latest extra is drawn in the style of the anime (which is terrible and inferior to the usual manga artstyle). the dead giveaway is the design for Visha and Anson (the Anson in manga is slimmer and has diffrent hairstyle)

BD stands for "Blu-ray Disc".

i've seen a lot of random arguments in the comment sections of Batoto but i don't think i've ever seen a Tea VS Coffee fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTkfSH8kGNs

I couldn't resist. Now you have to watch all 10h of it, if you don't want to turn into a Nigerian Prince. -And no, letting it run in the background doesn't count.

i've seen a lot of random arguments in the comment sections of Batoto but i don't think i've ever seen a Tea VS Coffee fight.

huh weird....this latest extra is drawn in the style of the anime (which is terrible and inferior to the usual manga artstyle). the dead giveaway is the design for Visha and Anson (the Anson in manga is slimmer and has diffrent hairstyle)

I haven't found the raws online but the flow of the story points to something being off. It is also possible that the pages are out of order. Page 17 could come after page 14 as it looks like a status report of "we missed one". I'll be by a US branch of a Japanese bookstore chain tomorrow, I'll see if I can find a copy of the monthly that the raw is published in.

This is published in CompAce right?

Edit:
Looking at the flow of the story and the action in the panels it looks like a couple of the pages are out of order.

Based on what I can tell it seems the correct order is Page 14->17->16->15->18

Page 14 ends with 4th Squad doing a check in then on page 17 they do their status. Page 16 has Argent finishing up the buttoning up the coat she was wrapped in on Page 12. Page 15 then has her as dressed as she gets and commenting about how her Squads did well and the fleet coming into view. Page 18 then has fleet that has entered the bay firing on the defenses and incoming support troops.

It is possible that it is all just an odd layout of the author. I'll see if I can find a hardcopy of the raw and take a look at the order in it. It is not uncommon for scanned raws to end up out of order during posting.

I agree. Moreover, in page 18, the fleet is already close to the harbor. While in page 20, the fleet has just entered the gulf.

Whats with the character design changes? During the war college arc, the married officer that Tanya had a rivalry with looked like a bishie IIRC. In the volume 2 extra, he now looks like a buff middle aged man.

They also changed the character design for the doctor that Tanya consults with IIRC.

those two chapter were bonus chapter form the anime and did not connected to the others chapter

Whats with the character design changes? During the war college arc, the married officer that Tanya had a rivalry with looked like a bishie IIRC. In the volume 2 extra, he now looks like a buff middle aged man.

They also changed the character design for the doctor that Tanya consults with IIRC.

/comics/2017/09/27/y/read59cb928c92934/img000004.jpg

Don't go that route man... it can only lead to troubles and jail.

I guess that means that I need to get me a  good lawyer...

So even though she stated multiple times in the anime to be a coffee drinker, said she doesn't drink/like tea, and it was never specified precisely what she was drinking at certain times you simply assume she's drinking tea because it matched your preference but not her's.

OK

In the last episode Lehgren specifically says they are drinking dallmayr, which is a type of coffee.

Also when someone ask about milk or sugar it's always coffee, at least I've never seen a situation where someone asks that and they talking about tea.

Clearly you havn't seen me dumping sugar and cream (pfft, milk... that is absurd.) into my tea~ Also, milk tea is a british tradition afaik (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_in_the_United_Kingdom) and britain is the butt end of all 'tea time' jokes, while bubbles are popularily added in taiwan and singapore milk tea ;p If you havn't had bubble tea, you don't know what you are missing in life~

On a side note, salted butter tea is also made by Tibetans, but those *are* disgusting. TBH. Purely a personal opinion.

default_0606e1fb4410e9c56f5b5bc5b25024bd

p.s. in a way, you are correct. People don't ask for milk and sugar in their tea, they only ask if they don't want any in their tea~ which is the opposite to coffee.

In the last episode Lehgren specifically says they are drinking dallmayr, which is a type of coffee.

Also when someone ask about milk or sugar it's always coffee, at least I've never seen a situation where someone asks that and they talking about tea.

1) Dallmayr isn't a coffee-exclusive brand

they also sell tea (and many other products). according to wikipedia, around 120 tea brands.

granted, initially I thought that Leghren mentionned darjeeling, so my bad.

2) tea can be served with milk and sugar, just like coffee or hot chocolate, and many other beverages.

because YOU (or most people in your culture) don't, doesn't mean that others won't. feel free to disparage because they drink differently if you want, but there is no need to dismiss it "because you never seen it"

actually, to my (very limited) knowledge, I've never seen tea (or coffee) been served WITHOUT first asking for sugar and milk/water/acid fruit (like lemon or orange) ... different cultures, I guess

3) as pointed out before, it's those bits of trivia (not trusting tea-drinkers and prefer coffee) that I find interesting in the manga.

usually we are swarmed about japanese-centric comments about black tea without milk/sugar being the only norm and dishes must be served by  white rice or it's not a proper meal.

in that respect, Tanya (and the reincarnated japanese soul in her) is truly special.

to give context, watching the anime version of Isekai Shokudou, I thought that I was struck by another commercial documentary by NHK promoting japanese food

I think it's also possible to mention them when talking about iced tea, though that's probably too recent to be relevant to the topic.

well, I'll have to disagree

just like the last episode when Lehgren remind himself that she likes black tea without tea and milk

again, I'm not saying that she doesn't drink coffee in the show, only that her preferences in doing so were not as clearly marked as in the manga

just like the last episode when Lehgren remind himself that she likes black tea without tea and milk

again, I'm not saying that she doesn't drink coffee in the show, only that her preferences in doing so were not as clearly marked as in the manga

It's coffee... where's this misunderstanding about tea come from ?_? 

Though it's interesting she says she didn't truest tea lovers XD Is she talking about the not-UK? 

I believe it's mentioned somewhere in Hetalia that Brittain army once get surrounded when they're having their tea time, is that true? 

The imagination of Ugar and Visha... all of this just because Tanya always wear uniform. I can't see she will consent wearing anything feminine unless it's a job forced on her. But damn... Ugar's imagination is awesome and Visha's is over the top. Then again both Toujo Chika and LN illustrator have a helluva fun time dressing Tanya up.

Now... let's wait for chapter 23! Thanks Miralisque. 

BTW... this chapter is awfully centered around Anson, and Tanya is just chilling out in fancy restaurant. 

So Tanya don't trust bitish people, interesting.

My utilitarian salaryman reincarnated as a ruthless loli can't be this cute.

/comics/2017/09/27/y/read59cb928c92934/img000004.jpg

Don't go that route man... it can only lead to troubles and jail.

She was constantly drinking coffee thru-out the whole show, never tea. Especially ep 7 with the north army when she sloppily poured milk(or cream) into it, drank and then left. She's a hardcore coffee drinker dude.

I would fight and die for the loli. Would you, maggots?

"I am a coffee-lover

I don't trust tea-drinkers"

That's an interesting piece of trivia

all throughout the show we see her drinking tea with other officers quite often (sometimes very wryly, like with the North Army staff :))

but I recall her only once mention that she's a coffer-lover (after Shock and Awe operation as they fly back to the Continent over the Channel/North Sea)

She was constantly drinking coffee thru-out the whole show, never tea. Especially ep 7 with the north army when she sloppily poured milk(or cream) into it, drank and then left. She's a hardcore coffee drinker dude.

"I am a coffee-lover

I don't trust tea-drinkers"

That's an interesting piece of trivia

all throughout the show we see her drinking tea with other officers quite often (sometimes very wryly, like with the North Army staff :))

but I recall her only once mention that she's a coffer-lover (after Shock and Awe operation as they fly back to the Continent over the Channel/North Sea)

The gods' plan is clear now. They are going to use Mary Sue as a prophet.

Mary Sue and Murica/Albion are the "good" ones. And because for light to triumph, there needs to be darkness, Tanya and the Empire will be the "evil" ones. Propaganda will take care of that.

This is the scenario they wrote. And once the evil Empire is defeated, faith in the gods will be restored because their apostle will have won.

I hope Tanya manages to derail that plan, even if the whole world is against her.

There was a similar story about a girl who fought alongside the evil empire
In the end the empire lost but the girl got the revenge she was seeking and everyone assumed she died in the last battle so she was able to live in peace.
I can see Tanya just fleeing the country after they lose.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics