Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.43 - 1438votes)

Minamoto-kun Monogatari

Alt Names: alt 미나모토군 이야기alt La Historia de Minamotoalt Minamoto-kun's Storyalt O Conto de Minamoto-kunalt 源君物語
Author: Inaba Minori
Artist: Inaba Minori
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHarem HaremHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSmut Smut
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Minamoto-kun has a face pretty enough to make people think he's a girl. Because of his face, he was bullied by the girls in middle school who were jealous of his face. He developed a fear of women due to the trauma and ended up attending a high school for boys. Just as he enters college and makes a promise to himself to overcome the trauma of his past, his father remarries and asks him to move out of the house. His father arranges him to live with his aunt (Minamoto-kun's father's younger sister) for the time being. She is an extremely beautiful woman who is also a non-tenured professor at his college. When he arrives at her apartment, she shows him her breasts and tells him that he will be her "guinea pig" in her reverse Hikaru Genji project.
Go to Minamoto-kun Monogatari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Colour
  • 660 Replies
Topic is kauroko-san has a feeling on terumi ? New Window asuaja
  • 7 Replies
Topic Reason for Minamoto-kun Monogatari short chapter New Window HavocParker
  • 7 Replies
Topic Juicy Tits New Window Otaku247
  • 16 Replies
Topic 14 different girls New Window Zeta42
  • 18 Replies
Topic I don't think Minamoto is the main character here... New Window Dhoozy
  • 14 Replies

9923 Comments

I'm guessing Pinoymanga Scans are Filipino? Well, its pretty common for Filipino's to overdo formalities in English compositions, since they always try to write the most correct term. Being a Filipino myself and observing people around me its just a tendency that people speak and write that way. (not bashing since being too correct isn't necessarily a bad thing) but being too correct in translations is a bad thing to do. Since it makes reading more stressful and its like reading a math book. Its better to use loose english in this sense.
Hottest aunt EVAR!!!
damit, cliff hanger. became interesting meh
9pg long chapters too long, need to be 2pg max
why is it always so damn short !!! damn !!!
Hell Yeah Nice!!!!!!! c'mon bang her!!!!
haha xD I'll bang your brains out xD classic
every chapter is too short D:
competition is hard on the group, it wastes resources. But with that said, it is good for the readers, there are good points to both releases. And readers should be thankful as they'll be able to read it less than 24 hours after it is out. If there are no competitions, 3-4 days perhaps or more is not that unusual. Now, if our group gets in on it. we can probably get the early ra w before it hits the public, wouldn't that be fun. j/k
@ DatCat

yes i 100% agree with you, you are stating fact that we released an unclean pages, that's the truth. and i am just stating ALSO a fact that we redraw japanese text and your release has japanese text not redrawn. and yours is much Cleaner than our Cleans and that is ALSO a fact, I'm just pointing out here that there's strong and weaknesses on each of our releases that the readers should choose whom to read, Not being bias or something here. and i'm just stating facts. I am not making enemies or something either. Just stating facts. Hope you understand that :)
@Unograil

"since playground is coming out first with Japanese text not redrawn.
and ours is late, with redrawn pages.
" I try to stay out of this but hearing this from someone who was even released unclean pages sound like a bad joke for me.
can you guys take this argument to another page . me personally i think thers nothing wrong with the translations you guys been doing a good job and if ther a small mistake its ok nobody is perfect.
@ w4ffles,

There is one and the best solution you can do about your rant.
Don't read our releases, since playground is coming out first with Japanese text not redrawn.
and ours is late, with redrawn pages. So you don't have to compare our releases and will ease your mind on ranting in our "poor english translation". Or you can do better and scanlate it yourself.
again w4ffles i think you just might speak a different type of english because the sentence you wrote does not sound awkard at all to me- its actually non slang proper english. i am not saying its a good translation, its just gramatically correct. -So this one is not familiar with women- this is is a dependent clause and she is referring to herself. and it gives clues to her personality if she speaks this way, its like classical japanese which links back to the fact he is following in footsteps of a legend.

really this is a conflict between literal and localizing approaches to translating
@katsudon
I wholeheartedly agree. Some groups just need better proofreading.

I took a look at chapter 2 of Big Order and I wasn't able to get past the first page either.
@w4ffles, right you are.. proofreading can make or break a group. take for example. the recent troll release of Good Ending. yes sure, it came out first... but it is obviously painful to read that you can't go pass the first page. Now, another example. Big Order. there are 2-3 groups doing that series. go read the chapter 02 from the two groups. Now, I really can't pass the first page on one of the other group's release. And it's a shame, if you do not release first, I'd at lease expect the quality to be a little better, sadly the proofreading, it's like it was done on purpose with google translate (E>E, if that's even possible)
Cheating is the same for everyone, as is love. Engaging in a sexual relationship with someone else when you are already similarly involved with someone is cheating, regardless of your gender or personal opinions. That is the definition. Attempting to change the definition of a word to suit one's personal (sexist) agenda is perversion.

Also, becoming a man is not synonymous with sexual promiscuity. To become a man is to begin taking responsibility for oneself. Becoming sexually promiscuous is simply becoming a reckless pig.

Don't confuse the facts to protect your ego. Adjust your ego to protect the facts.

I enjoy this manga because it's humorous, albeit disturbing. If this is the sort of lifestyle that interests you, so be it. Good luck in your pursuits. Just recognize it for what it is rather than try to sugar-coat it.
@katsudon
To elaborate on what I meant, Pinoymanga's version has bad English in a bunch of places. When I said translation, that also includes the proofreading. I'm not saying Playground's translations are perfect. I can't read Japanese so for all I know, it could be completely wrong. It's just that their translation closer to what most (American) English speakers would use in conversations.

For example, take chapter 9, page 7, in the third bubble she says, "So this one is not too familiar with woman". I understand that that's probably a direct translation from the Japanese text, but when you speak English, it's awkward to refer to another person as "this one". (Plus "woman" should be "women" but that's a minor proofreading issue)

If I could read Japanese, maybe I would be reading raws. However, that's not the case so I'm here on Batoto reading scanlations. :)
I saw at Young Jump website that he/she looking for assistant, if he/she find some then maybe...
I don't think any of us will get used to the fact that each chapter is so short. sigh*
ill become a guy who lives for sex! nice chapter i cant wait for next. wish they wer longer sigh...
@w4ffles do you know Japanese? I looked at both, and make comparisons with the original text of chapter 9, for starters, the title of the chapter is definitely preparation, calling it "matchmaking" is a stretch. Pinoymangas' translations seems to translate most of the Japanese text which improves its quality more. Now, on same page, panel 2, bubble 2, that's Kaoruko doing the speaking, talking about her sister (the cousin's mother). Now, that's not saying Pinoymanga's translation is perfect, I've found mistakes on page 2 for them. moving on... there are also common minor mistakes made by both groups. But regardless, Everyone make mistakes. If you're at the point where you know 'which' translation is 'better', you shouldn't be reading the English version anyway.
hes finally starting to become less shy and into a big player i like that. looks like this is the start of the tale of genji! also his aunt didnt even bother to push him back so that lets me know she also wants to xxxx....and other things.
man, if my aunt that cute and try to harass me like that, i'm in
i really love to have him end up with the aunt ......

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics