Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 484votes)

Overlord

Alt Names: alt 不死者之王alt โอเวอร์ ลอร์ดalt オーバーロードalt 오버로드alt Maharajaalt OverLordalt Повелитель
Author: Maruyama Kugane
Artist: Miyama Fugin
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story begins with Yggdrasil, a popular online game which is quietly shut down on its last day. Our protagonist Momonga decided to stay until the last moment in his beloved game and wait for the force logout. Unexpectedly, the server did not shut down and Momonga is stuck in his skeleton body and got transferred to another world. "The powerful Overlord" needs now to discover a new world and face the continuous challenges.

Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary man strives to take over the new world the game has become.

Based on the light novel of the same name.
Go to Overlord Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic That last joke... New Window mrponeis
  • 0 Replies
Topic What's going on with this storyline New Window makuta2
  • 3 Replies
Topic Webnovel New Window Budda523
  • 7 Replies
Topic Looking for another title with the same plot New Window kenshinco
  • 9 Replies
Topic Is this all the manga? New Window GuloGulos
  • 1 Replies
Topic Is this all the manga? New Window GuloGulos
  • 0 Replies

1153 Comments

>Summoned minion act stupid

; _ ; *memories of so many summoner class in MMOs*

Anyone remembers the UBRS warlock/hunter pet pulling half the dungeon at arena because it decides teleport to its master (like when you run far away from it) wasn't worth the effort when it can just navigate the paths and drag all those mobs along?

reminded me of the mystic class on Tera. Those summons, ah god -_-

>Summoned minion act stupid

; _ ; *memories of so many summoner class in MMOs*

Anyone remembers the UBRS warlock/hunter pet pulling half the dungeon at arena because it decides teleport to its master (like when you run far away from it) wasn't worth the effort when it can just navigate the paths and drag all those mobs along?

This manga is just pure win... Its flawless in my ranking, altho with a 2 chapters bias, for anyone who has played an MMO (and actually invested time with your guild and all) can relate (and some other might love to be in the MC's shoes).

Also... Can someone please make this game? /being-unreasonable/

It's weird to see the comedy tag on this. I know the manga is putting a bit more emphasis on the comedy perceptive of the series, but still I find it a odd.

I could tell that they cut plenty out of the LN when it came to the guild itself.  Mind you, that is because I also played an MMORPG and watched the guild I was in slowly disband and people no longer logging in. It might have been different if I never have done such a thing.

i've lead 3 guilds, and co-lead another 7. and only 1 of those managed to last until the games closure with a double-digit active member count leading upto and on final day. it really is a painful thing to go through even when you know they have their own circumstances for no longer showing up. and unless you formed outside the game going in, then you dont really know the history of the people who join ingame enough and so cant ask to be told beforehand.

each of the guild systems were different but it was a lot of fun and challenging top hold top5 positions :3 we can only hope our next one is as unified and friendly as possible, because who wants to play alone in a deserted guild :'(

edit: also going based on the LN... i REALLY dont think his changing albedo's settings did anything :s because otherwise i seriously want to read it in depth lol she's a lil' freaky

Maybe but I actually like the LN a bit better. There's a lot going inside Momonga and the guardians' heads which is interesting. The LN really played up the loneliness and abandonment feelings. As someone who has had a MMO guild drift apart it really struck me.

I could tell that they cut plenty out of the LN when it came to the guild itself.  Mind you, that is because I also played an MMORPG and watched the guild I was in slowly disband and people no longer logging in. It might have been different if I never have done such a thing.

While most rpg based series tend to play genre savy right off the bat, this one took a rather sentimental aproach before going into details... I know the novel starts with lots of infodump, it would've been better if half of it was left in the air.

Maybe but I actually like the LN a bit better. There's a lot going inside Momonga and the guardians' heads which is interesting. The LN really played up the loneliness and abandonment feelings. As someone who has had a MMO guild drift apart it really struck me.

I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt have no other gods before Me.

The order of these kind of speak always bewitches me. It sounds reversive but it's actually straight to the point.

In other news, this is a really interesting series.

While most rpg based series tend to play genre savy right off the bat, this one took a rather sentimental aproach before going into details... I know the novel starts with lots of infodump, it would've been better if half of it was left in the air.

I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt have no other gods before Me.

Is there anywhere I can read the translated Light Novel or Web Novel version or anything?

Skythewood is doing it on their blog.

You can read it here: http://skythewood.blogspot.sg/p/knights-and-magic-author-amazake-no.html

(ignore the url, it looks wrong, but goes to the correct page)

Is there anywhere I can read the translated Light Novel or Web Novel version or anything?

Quick 'follow' this series there is no time to explain!

I can't wait to see him lay waste to all those who oppose him lol, its definetly going to be a good series to follow.

Thank you for the chapter~
Btw, it's common knowledge that it's called "Solomon Lesser Key" not Solomon Small Key :P

waiting for the anime of this no don't want to read this.. but it is .. hard...

but he inst a good guy too, imagine him as evil neutral / caothic neutral

Nah he's definitely Lawful Evil if anything.

Too bad. :/

Was hoping he'd be one of them bad guys.

Well he kinda is, they are glossing over some parts. But he's more of a Doctor Doom type of evil guy.

but he inst a good guy too, imagine him as evil neutral / caothic neutral

There might be more lore afterwards, right now, they just want to show us a piece of the upcoming action. Comics sadly don't work the same way as books do, if you include all the explanations and fluff they do in the books, it might scare too many people away. I 100% agree that they should follow the novel more on the later instances however.

Things like these would do as an afterthought-type of 4koma or something, so you can read it if you want, but you don't have to if you don't like it...

I much prefer the "detailedness" of the novel and I love how his insecurities and inner struggles are much more clearly shown, furthermore quite a few things in the first chapter didn't make sense to me until after I've read the corresponding novel-parts for a lack of inner monologue and explanation about the "game world"...

I do, however, like some of the alterations and removals. Sometimes it feels overdone, tedious and unnecessary to read through long passages of forgettable minor details...

That's the thing I hate about pure reading :/

The manga seemed a bit rushed on the story and plot...not enough details and explanations unlike the light novel. Would be better if it does give it the same feel as the light novel.

There might be more lore afterwards, right now, they just want to show us a piece of the upcoming action. Comics sadly don't work the same way as books do, if you include all the explanations and fluff they do in the books, it might scare too many people away. I 100% agree that they should follow the novel more on the later instances however.

OH YEAH the fun is starting. Crush some hearts, drink some souls.

when is anime comeing out

a game wouldnt end if it still was popular like that unless the company get bancrupt or the like

so probably it was once a really popular game and it is no longer

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics