Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 1340votes)

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Alt Names: alt ผู้กล้าโล่ผงาดalt 盾の勇者の成り上がりalt Der Aufstieg des Schildheldenalt El Ascenso del Héroe del Escudoalt 방패 용사 성공담(방패 용자의 성공기)alt Kalkan Kahramanı'nın Yükselişialt Kebangkitan Pahlawan Bertamengalt Pag-aalsa ng Bayani ng Kalasagalt The Rising of the Shield Heroalt نهوض بطل الدرع
Author: Aneko Yusagi
Artist: Aiya Kyu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Iwatani Naofumi is summoned to another world to become one of the 4 heroes, namely the Shield Hero. Starting out with poor popularity and labeled as the weakest, Naofumi found himself betrayed on the 3rd day of his adventure. Losing faith and money, all that left is just his shield. Vowing to exact revenge to those who had betrayed him, Naofumi's path is...

manga adapted from the light novel series written by Yusagi Aneko and illustrated by Seira Minami
Go to Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic It Surprised Me That The WN Sucks So Hard - While the Manga is quite amazing New Window FakeHero
  • 92 Replies
Topic Wich ones better? New Window Ekuu
  • 6 Replies
Topic Ch 35 High quality Korean Raw New Window dooom13
  • 0 Replies
Topic Tate no Yuusha Chapter Discussion Thread New Window ChaoticCod
  • 17 Replies
Topic Ch.34 Low quality Korean RAW New Window KuroInfinity
  • 0 Replies
Topic Anime Adaptation Announced!! New Window shizuku kyun
  • 0 Replies

2911 Comments

I'm extremely glad that this chapter had no dark parts. Even the other heroes acted as normal persons and they even joined Naofumi in some comedy parts.

It was refreshing.

Didn't this have a terrible ending? Like if you could win awards on terrible endings this would take all of them?

The original WN ending where everyone died was indeed terrible but she changed it after the massive negative backlash. And the LN hasn't ended yet so who knows.

Didn't this have a terrible ending? Like if you could win awards on terrible endings this would take all of them?

manga version takes LN story ...

and LN version haven't end yet ...

Oh f@ck you. I played Ocarina of Time i know what comes next.

Naw it wasnt terrible. Certainly not as terrible as you're implying.
Besides, that was the Web Novel ending.

The Light Novel has been doing a lot of stuff differently, like changing the plot and adding extra scenes.
The light novel is still ongoing so no one knows how the ending will go.

If you didn't know, this manga is an adaptation of the light novel.

5yVOxTO.jpg
Also I find this hilarious

Man, the waves are dicks.

Where is the manga based from? Iirc they didn't meet those 2 during the island arc when i read the LN. 

maybe you read WN ?

I already read official LN translation and MC meet that 2 ...

There is definitely an uncomfortable vibe from how the authors hatred filled worldview comes through. The world and the characters have little Merit and the main characters anger is realized in unpleasant ways that remind me of the vengeful fantasies of nasty people. But hey, if you like video games and isekai it can still be fun. Can't say I like the mc tho. I'm here in the hopes that his personality will improve by the end...

MC current personality being affected by his own curse "wrath" ...

in WN latter, the curse get weaker and his personality get better ...

dunno what will happen in LN tough ...

Where is the manga based from? Iirc they didn't meet those 2 during the island arc when i read the LN. 

This manga reads like a serial killers' D&D character sheet. It has the same edgy self-righteous anger that you used to find on r/incel posts, and I wouldn't be surprised if the author has made several blogposts where they refer to all women as whores.

There is definitely an uncomfortable vibe from how the authors hatred filled worldview comes through. The world and the characters have little Merit and the main characters anger is realized in unpleasant ways that remind me of the vengeful fantasies of nasty people. But hey, if you like video games and isekai it can still be fun. Can't say I like the mc tho. I'm here in the hopes that his personality will improve by the end...

they found the temple under ocean, and the area they are fighting is mid ocean, so its unsure where the fissure would spawn, yknow, as the hint all mentioned ocean

>edit , cant wait for sadina to make an appereance!

http://the-rising-of-the-shield-hero.wikia.com/wiki/Sadina

gotta love sexy drunkard onee-san ... =3= ...

Huh? Weren't the fissures always in the sky, or am I remembering this wrong? ._.

they found the temple under ocean, and the area they are fighting is mid ocean, so its unsure where the fissure would spawn, yknow, as the hint all mentioned ocean

>edit , cant wait for sadina to make an appereance!

http://the-rising-of-the-shield-hero.wikia.com/wiki/Sadina

Huh? Weren't the fissures always in the sky, or am I remembering this wrong? ._.

Not gonna tell the queen how to do her job, but shouldn't she wear some actual battle gear/armor when going to fight the waves.

Was about to start reading, but i think you just successfully turned me off the manga.

I would be saddened by a loss of a potential fan if it not for the fact that you commented this just 3 minutes after your account was made. Seems strange that instead of reading manga, your first course of action was to agree with the opinion of someone's comment. Maybe I'm in denial of seeing someone avoid reading one of my favorite manga just because of a simple comment, but I do find all this strange.

This manga reads like a serial killers' D&D character sheet. It has the same edgy self-righteous anger that you used to find on r/incel posts, and I wouldn't be surprised if the author has made several blogposts where they refer to all women as whores.

Was about to start reading, but i think you just successfully turned me off the manga.

Damn, it's been so long I forgot not to check the comment section.

Thanks for the spoilers, fuckers, please never change.

It looks like, i didnt read the LN or WN, can you spoil me a little plz?

He becomes OP Jesus and destroys everything in the galaxy including the god that sent him there

At least I hope

How did he take off that jacket if he cannot let go of his shield?

The shield can be reshaped, resized, and even moved around to different parts of his body, he could wear it as a shield pin, or a hat if he really wants to.

Now we have to wait next year. Lol.

Best of Ch. 37: e201374069.png     a7f723aec2.png

Well, Naofumi triggered a giant misery flag the second he felt happy.

Missed chance to see bird Firo paddling like a duck. 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics