Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 113votes)

Okobore Hime to Entaku no Kishi

Alt Names: alt おこぼれ姫と円卓の騎士alt 遗落的公主与圆桌骑士alt Okoborehime to Entaku no Kishialt The Leftover Princess and the Knight of the Round Tablealt The Leftover Princess and the Round-Table Knight
Author: Ishida Rinne
Artist: Akatsuki Kaori
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Leticia's father, the current king, is very wise and knew that both of his sons have their own supporters and that if either one became king the other brother’s supporters would rebel, and the country would have a civil war. So he decided to announce that he will retire while he’s still alive and make his daughter, the princess, his successor! However, the princess never expected to be Queen and she really doesn’t have any political allies. So she decides to gather a group of knights loyal to her and form her own “round table” before the day of her coronation. The problem is, all of the good knights who are strong and skillful and loyal have already been snatched up by her father and brothers for their own personal guards.

adapted from the light novel series of the same name
Go to Okobore Hime to Entaku no Kishi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Light Novel Series New Window mizuouji
  • 9 Replies
Topic Okobre Latest chapter discussions New Window truepurple
  • 3 Replies
Topic Okoborehime is BACK!!! New Window mizuouji
  • 3 Replies

237 Comments

Aaaggghhhh!!!  I've been getting fond of this rather quickly and now it'll be nipped in the bud by the international conspiracy of bad taste! *

Well, um(grasps at straws), there's still the light novels, right?  Right?  Those get translated sometimes don't they?

It could happen!

(It won't happen, will it?  :( )

* Japanese, yes, but let's not pretend bad taste ends at the borders of Japan.  For instance, lest we forget our shame, one season for Firefly.

Just FYI:

Rules for comments on manga have changed.

COMMENTS LONGER THAN TEN LINES MUST BE IN SPOILER TAGS.

Thanks, enjoy your manga~

Ugh I'll be so sad to see Leticia go, she was barely able to get her 2nd Knight! There's so much potential I don't even... Does this manga have any source material like a novel or some such things? Just wondering.

It's based on a light novel. 

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/18377-light-novel-series/

Okobore Hime to Entaku no Kishi ended today in Aria magazine of July. The 2nd volume (final volume) will be released on September 5.

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUU- NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Seriously I can't believe such an awesome manga was axed. dsajfdsijfads;kljf why?!!! Goddamn, so there are only two chapters left?! Usually when a manga gets axed I can see the reason, but I cannot understand this. Blargh if this was a shounen manga with all the character gender swaped and haremized, would it have survived?! I mean there are so many SHITTY manga that get a ton of chapters. Well, it's another thing if the manga was axed for a reason not relating to ratings though. I know a couple of good manga that dropped off thanks to the author being sick etc.

Ugh I'll be so sad to see Leticia go, she was barely able to get her 2nd Knight! There's so much potential I don't even... Does this manga have any source material like a novel or some such things? Just wondering.

Also, does anyone know of manga similar to this one? I'm having a hard time thinking of manga that come close in terms of quality (in both art and interesting story/characters).

*flips table with axe on it*

Was it axed? This series seemed to have a lot of potential though :(

I believe so. Maybe in the future some other manga artist makes a new manga adaptation with the other arcs of the novel.

Anyway, we're in that time where many manga are ending (next time is september~october). BTW, the next is Shingeki no Kyojin - Birth of Levi: Kuinaki Sentaku. It will end in the next month on Aria:

Spoiler

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-05-27/attack-on-titan-no-regrets-manga-to-end-next-month/.74967

I believe that the TOOYAMA Ema's new manga, Watanuki-san ni ha Boku ga Tarinai, is taking the vacant seat of Okobore.

Spoiler

Okobore Hime to Entaku no Kishi ended today in Aria magazine of July. The 2nd volume (final volume) will be released on September 5.

Ridiculous, classic Japanese shit taste..

Forget all those hot guys.

The Princess is amazing *sparkley eyes*

Please be trolling.  PLEASE.

*flips table with axe on it*

Was it axed? This series seemed to have a lot of potential though :(

I don't even.

Ah! First steps toward the infamous heartbreaker queen. Well two if we count that late night thing towards the end.

From the looks of things, she will marry for love as long as it's not absolutely necessary to do so otherwise.

I really like this. Thanks for all the rapid chapters AQUA scans ^.^

It's been a while since I've read something this exciting, in a weird doki-doki way.

Can I just say that the art is gorgeous, even if it isn't anything we haven't seen before?

This would be a pretty good anime if there ever will be one.

I know the reason well, shipping + shoujo usually have a lesser amount of characters which, if you kill somebody, could suddenly cut the amount of people a manga has by 10-15%.

character death actually makes room for new characters to appear since they would fill the void left by the dead character. if i was a ruler of a kingdom, and my bodyguard died, i wouldn't just say oh well and keep walking, i would find a replacement asap.

I don't see her anywhere close to being a Mary Sue. She has her strengths, but it doesn't mean she's perfect. Right now, I see a complex character that knows her limitations and acts according to what she can do.

Both spoilers are sort of a single comment that deal with both comments, I had to spoiler it because of the recent enforced 10 line comment rule.

Spoiler

Maybe.  Nobody would mind if she was a guy.

And I'd be annoyed if she was another "Oh, please save me sir knight/prince with your manly, brawny arms" type.  Nothing wrong with the girl getting to be smart and tough.

Spoiler

Ah yes, as Purple has said... a cliff hanger.

Spoiler

Huh.  This looks vaguely cliffhangerish, but no way.

Spoiler

She's pretty close to sue status though. 

Maybe.  Nobody would mind if she was a guy.

And I'd be annoyed if she was another "Oh, please save me sir knight/prince with your manly, brawny arms" type.  Nothing wrong with the girl getting to be smart and tough.

the art is just so blame pretty @_@

She's pretty close to sue status though. I haven't read the LNs, but this could cause me to drop it if it gets too ridiculous. I can totally see female readers loving the shit out of it because of self-insert / wish fulfillment =P . It doesn't have too much compared to male demographics.

About romance...

Why would she be experience with romance? She's a teenager and has had limited social interaction due to her status, it wouldn't make much sense for her to have had such relationships. She has to stay pure and virginal for her future husband!

I don't see her anywhere close to being a Mary Sue. She has her strengths, but it doesn't mean she's perfect. Right now, I see a complex character that knows her limitations and acts according to what she can do.

Ch7:

Oh man, Princess Leticia you are so awesome haha. This manga gets me every time. I'll probably end up singing my praises every chapter at this rate. Leticia is the strong female lead done right. In some shoujo manga they have similar leads, but they're rather unbalanced. Like in special A the main girl was annoying violent and thick headed despite her intelligence. Leticia is both charming and smooth. She's also strong and beautiful! However she doesn't come off as a sue either.

I believe the reason is the way she overcomes her problems. She doesn't just steamroll through them, but uses her wits and strength to make it.

This is helped by the Duke balancing her out. He makes a great supporting character for Leticia and the way he teased her this chapter was just gold. Despite her outward apperances it seems like she's still inexperianced with romance haha. Her reactions to him might be effected by her knowledge of the future too.

I can't wait for more Leticia! Seriously it's been a while since I read a shoujo manga I liked this much.

She's pretty close to sue status though. I haven't read the LNs, but this could cause me to drop it if it gets too ridiculous. I can totally see female readers loving the shit out of it because of self-insert / wish fulfillment =P . It doesn't have too much compared to male demographics.

About romance...

Why would she be experience with romance? She's a teenager and has had limited social interaction due to her status, it wouldn't make much sense for her to have had such relationships. She has to stay pure and virginal for her future husband!

Ch7:

Oh man, Princess Leticia you are so awesome haha. This manga gets me every time. I'll probably end up singing my praises every chapter at this rate. Leticia is the strong female lead done right. In some shoujo manga they have similar leads, but they're rather unbalanced. Like in special A the main girl was annoying violent and thick headed despite her intelligence. Leticia is both charming and smooth. She's also strong and beautiful! However she doesn't come off as a sue either.

I believe the reason is the way she overcomes her problems. She doesn't just steamroll through them, but uses her wits and strength to make it.

This is helped by the Duke balancing her out. He makes a great supporting character for Leticia and the way he teased her this chapter was just gold. Despite her outward apperances it seems like she's still inexperianced with romance haha. Her reactions to him might be effected by her knowledge of the future too.

I can't wait for more Leticia! Seriously it's been a while since I read a shoujo manga I liked this much.

Yeah, this could definitely cause major problems.  It might not directly cause the war, but it would definitely make relations worse, and with two countries who have been at war before, that could be enough.

Plus the Marriage was likely there to cement an Alliance, which would be what prevented any potential war.  If there is no marriage there is no alliance and all of the little disputes can escalate without anything to keep the two countries friendly.

Also, while it didn't directly lead to war, the reason the Pope refused a request for an Divorce for Henry VIII was because the Wife in question (Catherine of Aragon) was related closely to the current Holy Roman Emperor who had considerable influence in the Italian Peninsula.  This rejection led to Henry breaking from the Catholic Church and founding the Anglican Church.  All because he couldn't get a Divorce.

So yeah, not just for Shoujo Mangas but in real life too;

Marriage was Serious Business.

1 romance page >> 2nd for the knight and princess leticia

really clever WHITE WOLF >> really good chapter

king father is mastermind of all things too. trying to make PRINCESS LETICIA getting the thrown

best heroine ever, i read this story just for her.  the guy characters are okay but they have nothing on the princess

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics