Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 301votes)

Shishunki Bitter Change

Alt Names: alt 사춘기 비터 체인지alt Puberty Bitter Changealt 思春期ビターチェンジ
Author: Masayoshi
Artist: Masayoshi
Genres: Drama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yuuta and Yui had their body swapped when Yuuta fell down from a tree.
How will they co-operate dealing with this as they grow up?

Serialized Manga:
http://comic-polaris.jp/shishunki/

Original webcomic:
http://banbi.omiki.com/
Go to Shishunki Bitter Change Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Are any of you like me: Who wants to be the other gender for a day and then change back the next day New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 4 Replies
Topic Ideal ending to the series New Window pacificsaury
  • 2 Replies
Topic Scanlate the original webcomic? New Window Julianacat
  • 7 Replies
Topic This plot is going to crumble when the series gets axed. New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 1 Replies
Topic Is the translated chapter pass the original? New Window Dhoozy77
  • 1 Replies
Topic Original source New Window robpurple
  • 4 Replies

734 Comments

God, please, don't let this end as the original source.

Then, I realized that it was already mentioned in the comments now that I've read the older ones, and that probably every reader noticed that too (including me, but  had forgotten about it)

I just tend to assume this hugely inconvenient thing simply happened to two kids and no other forces were at play. It's more satisfying that way to me, because it puts the focus squarely on the drama surrounding Yuuta and Yui as they grow up.

Having reread it from the start, i've realized I've forgotten an info regarding the resolution of this body-swapping case. Koizumi's dad might actually be involved.

We can see in chapter 22 that Kazuma, while doing research on body swapping, seems to react to a certain book, but doesn't talk about it : http://vatoto.com/reader#1585827cc556592e_4

Then, in chapter 39, Kazuma immediately snaps when Koizumi wants to show them a book and prevents her from intruding any further : http://vatoto.com/reader#f5d638d4488672ee_10

And these books look similar. So they're probably the same books.

According to Koizumi's explanations, this book is a novel about body-swapping, but from a different genre than SF or horror. And her dad might be involved with this book, but her explanation is cut off.

My guess is that this book talks about a body-swapping, but in a mundane slice-of-life way, awfully similar to Yui and Yuuta situation. Therefore, their situation alreday happened to some other people before and is related trhough this novel which in reality is not a novel but a biography disguised as a novel. And Koizumi's dad might be the author (or know the author).

But why Kazuma prevents Yui and Yuuta to know about his book ? One explanation is that he wants the situation to stay the same (this theory is possible, but I won't blab ont it here). One more likely explanation is that this book doesn't show any resolution regarding the body-swapping : the author, which was also a victim a such body-swapping, didn't find a way to go back to their original body. So Kazuma doesn't want to acknowledge this book and Yui and Yuuta to know about its existence, because he still hopes for a resolution and want these two to keep hope as well.

Then, I realized that it was already mentioned in the comments now that I've read the older ones, and that probably every reader noticed that too (including me, but  had forgotten about it)

Webcomic spoilers that someone on /a/ told me (w/ image):

Spoiler

IDK, based on the latest chapter, seems like Yuuta is more selfish since he doesn't want to switch back just because he doesn't want to see her with some other guy. I feel like in order for it to work, they would both have to want to switch back. Plus he KNOWS how unhappy she is being a guy. Obviously though, I don't know if this same scene/thought was included in the original.

Also

Spoiler

Still... I hope this ends differently :(

At this point I don't care how it ends, but only that it does.

I'm staying positive at page 24. The sentencing is vague enough that Yui could be saying she wants to return to their more immediate relationship, a few months back when things were pretty easy-going and they were  reporting easily to each other, rather than 6 years ago back when their relationship was shit but they were in their original bodies. That is how I will read this, because I'm tired of being angry at Yui for being a selfish debby-downer.

I feel like dropping this before it gets too sad. My life is bitter anyway. I dont need more bitterness than this.

its not over right like that cant be the end i know happy endings are just a westerner thing but just ... cry

I never expected the body swap trope to result in such sadness

Spoiler

Yeah at the beginning chapters that was actually mentioned they even argued about that one part of her personality. but the thing is she also hold back her feelings,and that ain't good.

Spoiler

Just since elementary school, they're still in High School. No time skip yet, although truth be told my heart also skipped a beat when I read the first sentence.

That was so freaking misleading my heart skipped a beat!

My heart sank when I read the beginning of this sentence "And then, 7 years since the day..." I thought, OMG is this a time skip? Is this manga nearing its' [possibly bad] ending already?

Just since elementary school, they're still in High School. No time skip yet, although truth be told my heart also skipped a beat when I read the first sentence.

There are two version of this story. The web/digital version and the manga version.

This is the manga version.

It doesn't follow the exact same story line as the web version, which is finished.

Spoiler

Nothing says this one will end that way. The author may change the ending.

But don't get your hopes up.

The manga version also added a lot more, from original characters to more attention on Yuuta's feelings compared to the webcomic that was way to vague.

The manga version also touched on the "possibility" of them switching back as the book, Kazuma's involvement with it and the new girl(forgot the name) were never on the webcomic.

So it's okay to at least expect a different direction to the story.

My heart sank when I read the beginning of this sentence "And then, 7 years since the day..." I thought, OMG is this a time skip? Is this manga nearing its' [possibly bad] ending already?

I don't think the time skip was that long... the winter scene is probably sometime in January or February, so 3 months at most? I won't lose hope in a happy ending so keep believing (-人-。)

Wasn't the time skip way back?

There are two version of this story. The web/digital version and the manga version.

It doesn't follow the exact same story line as the web version, which is finished.

Spoiler

FML

oh no. .

Spoiler

oV9VzM7.gif

Jesus christ. Is that how the web version really ends? Fuck that's more depressing than I thought. I hope the manga version avoids that path.

this has been killing me for the past few chapters.

does anyone have spoilers if this will end badly?

i didnt sign up to this to feel depressed...

Spoiler

I'll bet a $100 they accidentally kissed when yuuta fell off the tree. And they'll change back once they kiss again.

I wouldn't take that bet...

Seriously, thank you for the very interesting theory. Now, even if Masayoshi-sensei pulls an End of Evangelion (or a no-end-to-Evangelion) on us, we have a good ending to imagine.

And certainly, thank you also to Shiranai. ^_^

Spoiler

This is why I ship Yuuta and that ramen boy :(( Though it probably won't happen because Yuuta will probably still loyal to Yui... but at least if he went with it, he can actually end up with someone who cares for him instead of someone like Yui..

I don't think swapping back is a good idea at this late since they have already lives almost of their whole puberty in opposite body. but, i do hope they do though... it would be a very interesting moment to see like in the earlier chapter.  

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics