Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 301votes)

Shishunki Bitter Change

Alt Names: alt 사춘기 비터 체인지alt Puberty Bitter Changealt 思春期ビターチェンジ
Author: Masayoshi
Artist: Masayoshi
Genres: Drama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yuuta and Yui had their body swapped when Yuuta fell down from a tree.
How will they co-operate dealing with this as they grow up?

Serialized Manga:
http://comic-polaris.jp/shishunki/

Original webcomic:
http://banbi.omiki.com/
Go to Shishunki Bitter Change Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Are any of you like me: Who wants to be the other gender for a day and then change back the next day New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 4 Replies
Topic Ideal ending to the series New Window pacificsaury
  • 2 Replies
Topic Scanlate the original webcomic? New Window Julianacat
  • 7 Replies
Topic This plot is going to crumble when the series gets axed. New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 1 Replies
Topic Is the translated chapter pass the original? New Window Dhoozy77
  • 1 Replies
Topic Original source New Window robpurple
  • 4 Replies

734 Comments

After reading chapter 53 on polaris, I'm done with this, it's going the same direction the original webcomic ended with, but at least there it was too vague to care or give too much impact, here? NOPE, I'm not staying to see in details this time, good luck for those that are going through to the end.

How is the original ending? i'm curious, please tell me, you could use spoiler tag..

After reading chapter 53 on polaris, I'm done with this, it's going the same direction the original webcomic ended with, but at least there it was too vague to care or give too much impact, here? NOPE, I'm not staying to see in details this time, good luck for those that are going through to the end.

On page 9 of chapter 48, Yuuta refers to Yui as, "He."

I'm left wondering if that's because he's started settling into the idea of things just staying the way they are now, or if that's just a translator error. I recognize those pronouns don't necessarily exist in exactly the same way in Japanese, but it's definitely an inconsistency in how the manga has been translated thus far and I was just wondering if it was intended or not.

I think it was a translation error.

I'd support your theory using the goukon chapter. Ever since that (Yuuta thought "he doesn't know me" and next panel is a full shot of him looking into mirror and seeing Yui's body) I came to believe that Yuuta doesn't want to change back anymore which the most recent chapter cnfirmed to me.

Thank you so much, kelpy. :wub:

No blame is intended, because real life sucker-punches all of us from time to time (not to mention that scanlation is a gift and not owed in the least)... but that was a pretty bad place for it to be suspended.

~~~~~

Just my two cents: I, and I suspect a lot of people, have been in both Yui and Yuuta's shoes. Growing up, it's much too easy to get caught up in our own plans/hopes/dreams, and be blind to how our lives affect others' lives. Likewise to say "I can't take this anymore" and temporarily disengage from people who are tied to a wound that just keeps hurting (even those we care about the most), and be blind to how that abandonment affects them. If anything, I think it may be more common to disengage and never return.

oh my.

good to know that my ship is still alive

IT'S BACK !!

wew the thot filter

Looks like the next victim of these two will be Tachibana, poor guy, but hopefully he never learns the truth and is able to grow from the experience. Yuuta though needs to work on being that cute and open with Yui, that's the one weapon he has against Kazuma who is more closed off.

Oh no... This development. But I kinda shipped Yui an Yuuta.... Urg. Should I jump ship?

Maybe. On page 8 Yuuta reacts to a picture with his "girlfriends" by thinking "What am I, a girl?" He's definitely participating in more "girly" things with female friends, which he probably wouldn't have done before.

Doesn't seem like it would necessarily affect his view of who or what Yui is, though. I'm leaning toward it just being an overlooked inconsistency as a result of new people stepping in to take over translation duties (which I am very, very thankful for, by the way).

Maybe. On page 8 Yuuta reacts to a picture with his "girlfriends" by thinking "What am I, a girl?" He's definitely participating in more "girly" things with female friends, which he probably wouldn't have done before.

I'm left wondering if that's because he's started settling into the idea of things just staying the way they are now, or if that's just a translator error. I recognize those pronouns don't necessarily exist in exactly the same way in Japanese, but it's definitely an inconsistency in how the manga has been translated thus far and I was just wondering if it was intended or not.

I don't really care about ramen guy (and music kid) at all... I'll only accept romance between Yui, Yuuta, or Kazuma.

>only accept romance between Yui and Yuuta, or Kazuma.

Fix'd

JOKES ON YOU IT’S BACK

A SERENDIPITOUS JOKE INDEED.

I saw there was an update and, while the page was loading, I was all like, "Please be in English, please be in English, please be in English!"

I don't really care about ramen guy (and music kid) at all... I'll only accept romance between Yui, Yuuta, or Kazuma.

Crossing my fingers and hoping that the way to return isn't some cheesy way like kissing each other because they "forgot" that also happened during chapter 1 or something... Ugh

They swapped when Yuuta fell onto Yui and they accidentally kissed. They never tried Yui (in Yuuta's body) falling onto Yuuta (in Yui's body) and accidentally kissing because Yui was too scared to climb the tree. Now the tree is too big for either to climb.

Mysteriously, I don't think Ootsuka intends to hit on the guy. I think she (or in this case, the guy in her head) really just wants a good friend to relate to.

Yuuta may not INTEND to hit on Kurosaki, but to him, that appears to be what Yui(Yuuta) is doing.

Mysteriously, I don't think Ootsuka intends to hit on the guy. I think she (or in this case, the guy in her head) really just wants a good friend to relate to.

Crossing my fingers and hoping that the way to return isn't some cheesy way like kissing each other because they "forgot" that also happened during chapter 1 or something... Ugh

WHERE DID THIS GO?

THIS IS MY FAVORITE MANGA ON THE SITE.

JOKES ON YOU IT’S BACK

ooooooh, does this mean she has picked out her potential partner in the case of a no-return scenario playing out for the longterm??

its baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Spoiler

Thanks, kelpy, for continuing this series.

If months were years, this would almost align perfectly with the current world state.

IT LIVES

WHERE DID THIS GO?

THIS IS MY FAVORITE MANGA ON THE SITE.

Man, there's almost 4 chapters in raws now. The wait for a translation is killing me...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics