Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 301votes)

Shishunki Bitter Change

Alt Names: alt 사춘기 비터 체인지alt Puberty Bitter Changealt 思春期ビターチェンジ
Author: Masayoshi
Artist: Masayoshi
Genres: Drama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yuuta and Yui had their body swapped when Yuuta fell down from a tree.
How will they co-operate dealing with this as they grow up?

Serialized Manga:
http://comic-polaris.jp/shishunki/

Original webcomic:
http://banbi.omiki.com/
Go to Shishunki Bitter Change Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Are any of you like me: Who wants to be the other gender for a day and then change back the next day New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 4 Replies
Topic Ideal ending to the series New Window pacificsaury
  • 2 Replies
Topic Scanlate the original webcomic? New Window Julianacat
  • 7 Replies
Topic This plot is going to crumble when the series gets axed. New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 1 Replies
Topic Is the translated chapter pass the original? New Window Dhoozy77
  • 1 Replies
Topic Original source New Window robpurple
  • 4 Replies

734 Comments

I ship Tachibana and Yuuta so this is fine but I can't help but feel that it won't work out in the end how depressing.

Dammit, Yui. Just make up with Yuuta already!
3 chapters in on day? oO Thanks!
I swear they better not make Haruki sad.

It's adapted from the webcomic which is the original source.

Webcomic ending spoilers:

Spoiler

I'm hoping for a different ending, but with the way the past chapters foreshadowed regret, I don't think that's going to happen.

That really is a shitty ending

tumblr_ns9e49HaHo1uc250go1_250.gif

This manga keeps making me love it more and more. I love gender-twisting (not swapping, per se*... twisting). And here, we have an intriguing one: The girl is thoughtless and runs roughshod over others' feelings, while the guy is too sensitive and agonizes over things instead of being honest with himself or others. ^_^

Thank you for bringing this to us, kelpy, and for "repainting" it into another language with careful, deft touches. It hurts to see delicate stories ruined because someone who didn't know better uses a roller where a fine-bristle brush is needed. Bravo.

Also, thank you to those who have been thoughtful enough to hide direct spoilers and obvious hints. To be honest I'm still too suspicious to do more than skim over posts (and flee in terror from scary-looking ones), but I was afraid even doing that much would end in tears.

* - Not that I have anything against gender-swapping. To me it's a storytelling device, and how it's used makes all the difference.

Friendzone, Pseudo-Gay, and ......
.... Oh My God.....
Cliffhanger Ruined Everything

damn, this is so depressive.

this is adapted from a novel, right? does anyone know if they ever get to go back to their bodies?

It's adapted from the webcomic which is the original source.

Webcomic ending spoilers:

Spoiler

I'm hoping for a different ending, but with the way the past chapters foreshadowed regret, I don't think that's going to happen.

Is this getting downhill from here? If so, I'm out

damn, this is so depressive.

this is adapted from a novel, right? does yuuta ever tell tachinana of his condition?

Oh dear.

Spoiler

Thanks so much for the chapters Kelpy!! What a cliffhanger!!!! This is getting so messy

The one thing I'm holding out for is Kazuma saying in 51 that if Yuuta won't look out for Yui, HE will.

Just want to reiterate how happy and appreciative I am for the continued updates. Thanks a lot!

so basically, you're saying if this goes the way it was in the original, it's gonna be drinking vodka and getting depressed over fictional characters by the end of it.

Sometimes the best stories are tragedies. The fact that this could make you feel so strongly, is what can make the story so grand. I'm loving this story, even if it ends in disaster I will follow it through until the end. Also who knows maybe it will be different from the webcomic, but I am still expecting a bitter sweet ending form a story with bitter in it's name. 

Spoiler

so basically, you're saying if this goes the way it was in the original, it's gonna be drinking vodka and getting depressed over fictional characters by the end of it.

hqdefault.jpg

After reading chapter 53 on polaris, I'm done with this, it's going the same direction the original webcomic ended with, but at least there it was too vague to care or give too much impact, here? NOPE, I'm not staying to see in details this time, good luck for those that are going through to the end.

Shit I was hoping this wouldn't happen! Thanks for the warning though.

I think it was a translation error.

I'd support your theory using the goukon chapter. Ever since that (Yuuta thought "he doesn't know me" and next panel is a full shot of him looking into mirror and seeing Yui's body) I came to believe that Yuuta doesn't want to change back anymore which the most recent chapter cnfirmed to me.

Yeah, though I don't necessarily think that earlier instance was an error. It's not a gender gaff so much as it's him getting mixed up in Yui's past in a way that's hard to dissociate himself from. I'm sure in his head he still knows full well that he's a he and doesn't really forget that. That memory of his identity doesn't necessarily change with acceptance of the situation.

But there does come a point in their lives where they have to ask themselves, how much of all this is me holding a spot for the other and how much of it is just me living the life that is now mine, whether I want it to be or not? I figure that's probably where a lot of that gets muddled in his head anymore. They keep working under the assumption that they can some day go back and he's finally reaching the point where he's not sure they ever will or that he's really as invested in going back as she is.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

How is the original ending? i'm curious, please tell me, you could use spoiler tag..

Spoiler

After reading chapter 53 on polaris, I'm done with this, it's going the same direction the original webcomic ended with, but at least there it was too vague to care or give too much impact, here? NOPE, I'm not staying to see in details this time, good luck for those that are going through to the end.

oh no :/

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics