Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.5 - 730votes)

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

Alt Names: alt ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうかalt DanMachialt 던전에서 만남을 추구하면 안 되는 걸까alt Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Author: Oomori Fujino
Artist: Kunieda
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The huge labyrinth city, Orario, is the gateway to the huge underground maze commonly known as the “Dungeon”. Its strange name causes excitement, a place to gain honor, and maybe even a romance with a pretty girl. A place where people hold their breath, hoping to gain all they wish for, a place where a solitary young man meets a little "god".

"Alright, Bell-kun, follow me! It's time for the "Familiar" initiation rite to happen!"
"Yes! I'm going to get stronger!"

The fated meeting of a boy who wants to become an adventurer, and the failed god who doesn't even have a single follower.

This boy's journey as written by the goddess, "Family's Legend" (Familiar's Myth).

adaptation of the light novel written by Oomori Fujino and illustrated by Yasuda Suzuhito

Spin-offs:
> Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/dungeon-ni-deai-wo-motomeru-no-wa-machigatte-iru-darou-ka-gaiden-sword-oratoria-r12581 )

> Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka 4koma - Days of Goddess
( http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/dungeon-ni-deai-o-motomeru-no-wa-machigatte-iru-darou-ka-4koma-days-of-goddess-r13025 )

> Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Familia Chronicle Episode Ryuu
( http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/dungeon-ni-deai-wo-motomeru-no-wa-machigatteiru-darou-ka-familia-chronicle-episode-ryuu-r20901 )
Go to Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Why is the manga behind the anime? New Window joshwah
  • 7 Replies
Topic Light Novel translation New Window Twisted13
  • 14 Replies
Topic LN settings New Window anonymous preferred
  • 41 Replies
Topic Anime adaptation of DanMachi announced! New Window Fruitfish
  • 40 Replies
Topic Manga Discussion New Window why_Why
  • 21 Replies
Topic Adventurer Stats New Window Troommate
  • 5 Replies

2391 Comments

Is becoming a class simply deciding it or he will need his god help and is there special abilities

Spoiler

I think it' be 1, him becoming stronger then. Because it sounds as if the stronger his emotions, the stronger the effects. And negative emotions (rage, sadness, etc.) are stronger than positive ones (scientifically proven).

Spoiler

Real, i almost unfollowed this because that "dissing the MC" scene made no sense whatsoever and 100% forced and overused. It would make sense if the guy knew the MC was there to start shitting on him with the speech he did but as u could see when he ran out he didn't because he asked if the dude just dined and dashed. Plus if the guy was a weak worm as he is, why would he bother wasting time and using his tongue to trash talk him when hes a significant insect? 

This made no sense.

The manga shows as if the wolf guy said this at the start of the party, but the LN shows that he brought it up when they were running out of topics to talk, well into the middle of the celebration party. And people talk about just everything when they get drunk haha.

actually ...

that "rage" being shown isn't quite normal ...

(like the author being emphasized it too much ? )

could it be ... contain the "trait" which has equipped at him ?

[Single Minded Pursuit] / Realize Freeze ...

this might cause ...

1. if MC feeling stay same or even heightened (rage) ...

Extreme growth and make super human in dungeon ...

(which might give him comes back and revenge after next level up, emo super character ... Sasuke Mk.II ? )

2. MC feeling get changed / despair / rage ...

Having drawback which might cause unwanted effect ...

like suddenly become weak, slow growth, bad stat effect, etc ... (this might create quite pathetic trait for MC)

Spoiler

"The Effect ARE Determined By The Strength Of His Feeling"

(probably there's more than one effect ?)

I think it' be 1, him becoming stronger then. Because it sounds as if the stronger his emotions, the stronger the effects. And negative emotions (rage, sadness, etc.) are stronger than positive ones (scientifically proven).

Finally a guy who actually agrees when this happens!

Spoiler

Why can't more mangas be like this? Seriously.

really? I've seen ch.1 page 1 : noob page 10: badass <----

One of the quickest power-up I've ever seen: Chapter 1: noob. Chapter 3: badass

MC is motivated.

557731_4465101388070_1523517005_n.jpg

mc gives kami-sama a 'special reward' for making her worry.

This is how I see the end of this chapter

Man, this series is really shaping up... I hope the artist can keep up with such awesomeness!

Finally a guy who actually agrees when this happens!

Spoiler

2m7fbdj.png

In a nutshell~

Badass MC with determination and balls. Cute big boobed goddess who understands whats going on and doesnt make a fuss out of anything. Yep, everything is going the right way.

Is becoming a class simply deciding it or he will need his god help and is there special abilities

probably he is rogue type ...

(hoping dual wield and multi weapon latter)

Those of us that have played a lot of MMOs know that nonsense like that happens all the time. Biggest offenders are the assbags that are in a highish end guild, but are actually low on the totem pole inside that guild. They talk shit like crazy and they aren't even the ones killing the bosses.

usually with this setting, the assbag will get pummeled by MC latter ... =3= ...

Real, i almost unfollowed this because that "dissing the MC" scene made no sense whatsoever and 100% forced and overused. It would make sense if the guy knew the MC was there to start shitting on him with the speech he did but as u could see when he ran out he didn't because he asked if the dude just dined and dashed. Plus if the guy was a weak worm as he is, why would he bother wasting time and using his tongue to trash talk him when hes a significant insect? 

This made no sense.

Those of us that have played a lot of MMOs know that nonsense like that happens all the time. Biggest offenders are the assbags that are in a highish end guild, but are actually low on the totem pole inside that guild. They talk shit like crazy and they aren't even the ones killing the bosses.

4he4x2.jpg

I don't want to be the party-breaker here, but Bell didn't slam the table with his hands. The "slam" sfx is actually the chair hitting the floor when he suddenly got up.  =D

yeah, that's what I think earlier ...

there's no clear sign the table get slammed ...

(or rather, shouldn't he whack the table with FIST ... not PALM ?)

I get the idea about the chair because ... well ...

it happen to me ... get sudden stand up and the chair I sit hit floor ... (and it give freaking noisy sound)

the design of chair also quite close (square at the sitting place) ...

yeah, old chair ...

partial mixture steel and wooden frame ...

(in this manga, probably solid wooden chair)

also for note ...

all the patron think MC is NOT angry or such ...

they think MC doing EAT AND RUN !!! ...

if MC really slam the table, Loki group might get provoked and angry ... (and probably other patron might get angry too)

that's why I think the bigger possibility is the wooden chair slamming the wooden floor ...

(depending on what material for chair and floor, it might cause even bigger sound, ex: the floor actually not a wood, but a marble or stone, that will give more bigger and sharper sound)

if there's translated LN, then I'll try to find more of this event ...

why even focus slamming table ?

it could be the chair MC sit get fall down because he is suddenly stand up thus the chair slam the floor ...

that chair design also can make Big sound when the head part hit floor ...

I don't want to be the party-breaker here, but Bell didn't slam the table with his hands. The "slam" sfx is actually the chair hitting the floor when he suddenly got up.  =D

why even focus slamming table ?

it could be the chair MC sit get fall down because he is suddenly stand up thus the chair slam the floor ...

that chair design also can make Big sound when the head part hit floor ...

The way he get strong almost like Haseo from Hack//G.U somehow

The usually defend the MC comment.  Trust me......We all know his frustration, but he could of quietly left the bar, but slamming the table just showed he wanting attention and someone to run after him.

I wasn't really trying to defend the MC. I had just apparently "read" the scene rather differently and came away thinking he both felt and was going to act differently then some other people seemed to think. I found it interesting that so many different people seemed to be coming to different conclusions on these things and just wanted to add my interpretation to it.

I agree with some of your other thoughts from later on though, like not thinking to highly of people that cause others harm through careless actions full of general disregard for other people. But I'm not really sure that's the way this is going.

Really though, I'm firmly in the wait and see camp for this stuff right now. I haven't really formed an opinion of the character or the world yet, just still to early in my opinion.

Seems alright, though the conversation in the 2nd chapter dissing the MC was forced, seemed unnatural.

This made no sense.

actually ...

that "rage" being shown isn't quite normal ...

(like the author being emphasized it too much ? )

could it be ... contain the "trait" which has equipped at him ?

[Single Minded Pursuit] / Realize Freeze ...

this might cause ...

1. if MC feeling stay same or even heightened (rage) ...

Extreme growth and make super human in dungeon ...

(which might give him comes back and revenge after next level up, emo super character ... Sasuke Mk.II ? )

2. MC feeling get changed / despair / rage ...

Having drawback which might cause unwanted effect ...

like suddenly become weak, slow growth, bad stat effect, etc ... (this might create quite pathetic trait for MC)

Spoiler

"The Effect ARE Determined By The Strength Of His Feeling"

(probably there's more than one effect ?)

Still a little early to call it Harem methinks. Unless someone has read ahead.

Confronted the dude equals "idiot".

In the first place he's frustrated because he knows he can't match the guy, and what the guy is saying is basically correct; that he's weak. Because he knows it's the truth, he can't confront the guy, and from this stems his frustration. Perhaps you like to slam tables to seek attention, but please don't project yourself onto everyone else and assume we're all the same as you.

In the first place, noone in the bar is his friend so who would he expect to run after him? I don't know where he's running to, but considering the source of his frustration, guessing something like "he's running to the dungeon to try and prove to himself that he's not weak" would be logical I think.

Please save the speech.  He could of left the bar quietly or stay.  He chose to self-pity and sulk causing a scene and potentially harming his hand.  You can sympathize with the MC all you want, but it doesn't change my view of a MC who self-pity, doing something stupid and get someone hurt because his actions.

Violent tendencies equal he would of confronted the dude, but he didn't. 

Confronted the dude equals "idiot".

In the first place he's frustrated because he knows he can't match the guy, and what the guy is saying is basically correct; that he's weak. Because he knows it's the truth, he can't confront the guy, and from this stems his frustration. Perhaps you like to slam tables to seek attention, but please don't project yourself onto everyone else and assume we're all the same as you.

In the first place, noone in the bar is his friend so who would he expect to run after him? I don't know where he's running to, but considering the source of his frustration, guessing something like "he's running to the dungeon to try and prove to himself that he's not weak" would be logical I think.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics