Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 88votes)

Blood and Steel

Alt Names: alt Sangre Y Aceroalt Wu Dao Kuang Zhi Shialt 武道狂之詩
Author: Qiao Jingfu
Artist: Meng Ma Gong Zuo Shi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsSeinen Seinen
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: The story begins with an eradication of Qingcheng by a group of martial art fanatic from Wudong, whose master and disciples only has one belief – to become the strongest. In order to maintain the supremacy, it takes over all the other martial arts group and kill those refuse to yield themselves to it.

Yan Heng, a young swordman in Qingcheng, was saved by ‘Wudang Hunter' Jing Lie, who also lost his fellows because of Wudong. Being the only remnant of their groups, the two allied and start their journey of revenge.
Go to Blood and Steel Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest chapter discussion New Window DualPrinciple
  • 3 Replies
Topic To yell the techniques or to not? New Window Mokata
  • 14 Replies

162 Comments

Damn this manga is good. Its like a movie with narration. 

I feel the same, this is way too good to be released so slow. Wish I have'nt been following this and could've read it in one go T_T 

Damn this manga is good. Its like a movie with narration. 

Boss!!!

Is there a site where I can see the RAWS?

They skip an awful lot with the flashback/background story. So let me fill in the gap. For instance the father didn't die due to sickness and he didn't train his sons either. After Wudang's attack and victory (though at great cost) of the Evil Cult the older brother (with the big arm) found his younger brother (with the long arm/double elbow joints) wounded under a corpse. When their father found them next he felt relieved not because he loved them, but because they would become his legacy. He then submitted and converted to Wudang. When Wudang decided to experiment with the Evil Cult's mysterious drugs they needed people to test them on and the father volunteered. 3 years later he swallowed the wrong pill. He went berserk and started a wild killing spree. After many deaths he finally died himself. (I can't remember if it was by a person or the after effects of the pill, i think it's the latter.) What also isn't mentioned in the manga is that because of the drugs the wives had to take during their pregnancies they eventually died a very cruel and painful death. The father didn't care as long as they gave him children... that was their purpose nothing more. Xia Xiao Yan has always hated his father for treating his mother and other women like shit. He thinks that all women are weak for letting men treat them like that. That is, until he meets Hu Ling Lan. After the fight he can't get her out of his head. He doesn't know why he just knows he wants to meet her again. (He never tells her that ''She's Beautiful'' scar or otherwise.)

There's nothing wrong with just saying Japanese, you know :/

Shimadu, Shimazu. Same thing. Wrote 'du' to differentiate づ from ず.

And yeah, I can't read Chinese so I haven't seen her raw name. Asking here for clarification. For the record I speak almost no mandarin either (lol). Mmn, so you think it's that Shimazu family too?

Sorry. My pitiful language training used the terms mandarin and cantonese, nihongo (tokyo) and kansai-ben(osaka). Drilled into my head too much :P

And yes, I believe it's the Shimazu of Kyushu. In Chapter 10, you can see the Shimazu Mon (family crest) in the flashbacks. And Kyushu is the part of Japan easily reached from the main continent.

Can you give me the kanji? I can probably figure out the proper Japanese name from there. 

If the Hu is tiger, then the proper reading might be Tora, as in Kagetora. She's using the Japanese version of a zi (chosen adult name). For instance, in the name Yagyuu "Sekishusai" Muneyoshi, the zi would be Sekishusai, which is the adult name Yagyuu Muneyoshi chose for himself. So Linglan's name would be Shimazu "Tora" something. It's actually not historically accurate, though, as women generally never choose a zi for themselves in Japan. Sometimes they would choose pen names for correspondence but that's it.

Probably. It's the same as you described, I can think of no women who was named that way in Japan. Usually it's O-(name) like O-Ichi or O-Sen. O-Tora maybe? :)

From my best guess it's Shimazu (Ko)/Tora Reiran. Hanzi/Kanji : 島津 虎 玲蘭  Taken from:

Spoiler

Hu Linglan is probably read as Ko Reiran in nihongo.

There's nothing wrong with just saying Japanese, you know :/

Shimazu. Probably the Shimazu of Kyushu..

Shimadu, Shimazu. Same thing. Wrote 'du' to differentiate づ from ず.

And yeah, I can't read Chinese so I haven't seen her raw name. Asking here for clarification. For the record I speak almost no mandarin either (lol). Mmn, so you think it's that Shimazu family too?

Shimazu. Probably the Shimazu of Kyushu.

Hu Linglan is probably read as Ko Reiran in nihongo (as far as the kanji/hanzi in the chinese raws and my poor knowledge is concerned) with Hu = Ko meaning Tiger. Dunno why she is named that way. Either she is Shimazu Reiran, having the moniker 'Tiger' or she is Ko Reiran, descended from the Shimazu.

Can you give me the kanji? I can probably figure out the proper Japanese name from there. 

If the Hu is tiger, then the proper reading might be Tora, as in Kagetora. She's using the Japanese version of a zi (chosen adult name). For instance, in the name Yagyuu "Sekishusai" Muneyoshi, the zi would be Sekishusai, which is the adult name Yagyuu Muneyoshi chose for himself. So Linglan's name would be Shimazu "Tora" something. It's actually not historically accurate, though, as women generally never choose a zi for themselves in Japan. Sometimes they would choose pen names for correspondence but that's it.

Daojin = Shimadu?

Shimazu. Probably the Shimazu of Kyushu.

Hu Linglan is probably read as Ko Reiran in nihongo (as far as the kanji/hanzi in the chinese raws and my poor knowledge is concerned) with Hu = Ko meaning Tiger. Dunno why she is named that way. Either she is Shimazu Reiran, having the moniker 'Tiger' or she is Ko Reiran, descended from the Shimazu.

Daojin = Shimadu?

@Lucyfer as I said, only *slightly,* and I'm sure there are stranger things than extra arm joints irl

at Amuro Ray - Much obliged. Let's try it out.

Spoiler

apologies for the double post, couldn't get it to work. apparently the comment was too long so I had to make a new one.

What, did you guys forget about that guy with the monstrous right arm "shield" in the first few chapters?  The author just used something similar this time around.

That guy was his brother and the main reason Xi Xiao Yan left Wudang mountain (for revenge.) The other was to find the current leader of Wudang (Yao Lian Zhou.)

What, did you guys forget about that guy with the monstrous right arm "shield" in the first few chapters?  The author just used something similar this time around.

Why a double elbow is unrealistic? Apparently you people need to "go out more". There are abberations in this world you wouldn't belive, and it ain't science fiction. Fully functional and advantagous double elbow might be a little stretch, but still, not impossible.

Still, I'd prefer a longer than average arms, to lessen the suspension of disbelif.

Double elbow joints, lol. I like how he uses only *slightly* unrealistic things to "power up" his villains and heroes. I like it.

Yeah this manhua's always stayed at a somewhat believable level but the two elbows thing just crossed the line. Still interesting though :)

Great chapter, but I must admit I don't like the two elbows thing. Doesn't look... Believable (for lack of better words in a frenchie's mind) like most part of this manga... Especially if you aren't Guren Nishiki.

it's a shame no one told me how to add a spoiler bar in your comment. the new chapter (47) is out over at egscans and i could've given the details in advance.

It's already here on Batoto, but, for your information, to put spoiler you must do this without the * at the end:

[spoiler][/spoiler*]

You put the texte between the ][. There is another way in the menu above the zone where you are writing a comment, but I forgot it a long time ago.

it's a shame no one told me how to add a spoiler bar in your comment. the new chapter (47) is out over at egscans and i could've given the details in advance.

not going to bother any more tho. if you can read chinese go buy & read the novels. trust me it's worth it ;)

also look forward to the new chapters as things are getting good from this point on and will only get better... one thing i will say is that Lian Zhou makes a very important (surprising?) decision. i think that's about all i can say without a spoiler bar so i'll leave it at that.

Yeah... that will never happen. He may have decided against taking his life, because Lian Zhou has been poisoned but that doesn't mean he will defend his (Qing Cheng Style/Sect) nr.1 enemy. Btw can someone tell me how to ad that spoiler bar?

I guess now he will have to fight to save the Wudang master to defeat him later in a fair fight... the slippery dude will try to convince otheres that he is a spy... Grima Wormtongue lol.

This was an amazing chapter centainly worth the wait. I also prefer the narration it's what makes this manhua all that more special. It also forces me to really focus and take in every page instead of just flying over it in a few seconds. Apparently it's just like the novels... a shame those aren't available in English.

the only thing i don't like is the narration. in every fight, it has to explain in detail everything. there's to much text and it takes away from the fight(IMO). it also gives me a freaking headache. one of the only thinks i dislike about manwha/manhua's.

I actually prefer the narration, now that I've gotten used to it.

does anyone know when the next chapter will be released? the waiting is killing me... ow and if someone knows where to get the raws please let me know.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics