Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 403votes)

I Am a Hero

Alt Names: alt Ako ay isang Bayanialt Aku Adalah Seorang Pahlawanalt アイアムアヒーローalt Ben Bir Kahramanımalt Eu Sou Um Heróialt 请叫我英雄alt Soy un Héroealt Tôi là anh hùngalt من قهرمانمalt Я — геройalt אני גיבורalt أنا بطل
Author: Hanazawa Kengo
Artist: Hanazawa Kengo
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSmut SmutSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hideo Suzuki is a thirty-five year old mangaka assistant struggling to be the hero in his own life by breaking back into the lime light with a new serial all the while juggling his relationship with his girlfriend and his own delusions.

However, as hard as Hideo may try, the world seems to have a different set of plans for him; sinister and dark machinations that completely overturn his reality as he knows it.

Nominated for the 3rd and 4th Manga Taisho Award (2010 and 2011).
Go to I Am a Hero Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Final Chapter (264) disc. (spoilers) New Window Serial Raper
  • 9 Replies
Topic Is there any sight to when this might end? New Window SangMo
  • 2 Replies
Topic "I Am a Hero" movie coming out April 23rd, 2016 New Window Ozen
  • 17 Replies
Topic Chapter 197 New Window Tadao
  • 0 Replies
Topic Zombie Apocalypse Day Preparation (For fun) New Window Harpuea
  • 21 Replies
Topic Infected and awakened and hair. New Window Delete me 12345567
  • 2 Replies

1217 Comments

Sleep? What's that? I know of no sleep here. As a matter of fact, I won't be sleeping anytime soon.

hehehe...he...eh...
When is this updating again? Personally, had a real slow start (took 7 chpters to start looking like a zombie apocalypse) but is real interesting now. The best horror manga I've seen so far....
I shiznacked my pants when I thought this was a new English release. T. T
So...for some stupid reason, I started reading this even though I hate zombies, and now, around volume 2, I stopped, and it's 12 past midnight, and I'm going to go read something fluffy to forget aaaaaaaaaall about this!

Zombies (and foul language) aside, it's a very well-written story.
sooo... wtf is he gonna do when he runs out of bullets?
Oh, I live in the USA. After reading this straight.... I have a dire urg to clean my rifle just to calm my nerves. SIG556 is her model. I named her Checkpoint. I wonder if Hideo named his Shotgun....
At first I was annoyed at how stupid the Japanese were for acting like complacent sheeps in a Zombie Apocalypse. After a while, the story is very good. Sooo much better than High School of the Dead and all their stupid fan service.

Too bad the High School Girl.....
Wow they are all weird!
I started reading this manga and it was the most regretful i ever did!! D:
Spoiler
Anyone noticed how the mangaka looks exactly like the mc.
More more more!!
chap 35 ending is poingant... I'm impressed.
Baby zombie hungry. It had no teeth, how was it gonna bite him? Pure jaw strength?
Is it just me, or is there something very weird about the faces in this manga? I think it adds to the effect, it's just odd.

Also, loved the latest chapter. Pregnant zombie. The author is very good at drawing zombies. Takes a new twist every time.
Whoa... that last chapter was crazy. With the baby and all.
I hated this art at first (though it does seem to be getting better) but damn, this is the scariest manga I've ever read - I'd defenitly be dead if I was in the middle of this lol...(the thing with the baby would had made me piss myself lol)
Ch. 101, p16. Amazing view.
Now this is what nightmares are made of.
i hope hiromichan alright
Welp, I know what's visiting my nightmares tonight... xD;
Oh christ.. im reading this at night 12AM.. look like i aint getting any sleep tonight.. damn you curiosity!!
This was kinda....refreshing.
What has been seen cannot be unseen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuqeNlV8aW0
This song fits with the story so well............
@nzrock hahahaha i know, but it just took awfully long for him to realise LOL
;O any other good zombie apocalypse manga suggestions?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics