Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 1196votes)

Shokugeki no Soma

Alt Names: alt 食戟のソーマalt 食戟之灵alt Food Wars!
Author: Tsukuda Yuuto
Artist: Saeki Shun
Genres: Comedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHarem HaremPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yukihira Souma's dream is to become a full-time chef in his father's restaurant and surpass his father's culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in America. Although downtrodden, Souma's fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?

(Spin-off) http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/shokugeki-no-soma-etoile-r14774
Go to Shokugeki no Soma Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic About Souma's Mother New Window titoviana
  • 10 Replies
Topic Who do you want soma to end up with? New Window Abdullah
  • 139 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Kreian
  • 211 Replies
Topic Digital Colored Editon New Window Vulgrim
  • 0 Replies
Topic who is it saiba jouichirou New Window kaizer_emperor
  • 1 Replies
Topic When Will Erina figure out Souma's true identity New Window lygarx
  • 14 Replies

8960 Comments

"Plot" armor sighted!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Who are Mashima?

The Hiro we don't need.

mimasaka went from zero to hero to zero real quick... disgustingly awesome man, please grow sharingan soon....

Damn, Dojima & Daddy now have a #3 when it comes to manliness. 

He got 3rd seat... by accident? Ahahah that's _amazing_.

And wow, with this much build up he actually has to beat Rindou. It'll be the 1st seat the brings him down, and then eventually a final frantic battle against the 1st seat.

If Rindou still wins I'll honestly be disappointed, but before this chapter I was expecting her to win.

He meant Subaru Idk why he wrote Mashima

it could've been a dig at the author of fairy tail, who is famous for stealing designs and plot points (especially from One Piece, and especially during the first half of the series).

Who are Mashima? 

He meant Subaru Idk why he wrote Mashima

Megishima better not lose now.  It's interesting how we aren't really sure at the full abilities of the top 3 in Tootsuki's elite.

I feel Tsubasa truly wants to be the 1st seat, but Rindou is more carefree, so I'm not sure if she really is aiming for the top, or it just happened that way.  Megishima always seemed to be the type who was quiet and didn't really show off skill unless had to.  

It's possible that Megishima could be better than the other 2.  I just hope that with all of the hype, that Megishima doesn't lose to Rindou.  I have a feeling that wont be the case, since they really need someone to fight against Tsubasa in the finals.

Kuga and Mashima will probably lose though.  But Mashima is that weird wildcard who you never know how good he will be.  IT seems his skills vary based on the person.  The better he can "stalk/scope" his opponent's skill, the better he will be.  I just don't see him beating one of the top 5 of tootsuki though.... However, didn't Souma just beat the 4th seat (girl with bear who makes sweets) in chapters that weren't shown here?

Who are Mashima? 

Since when has this been a cooking manga? Where are my exploding clothes and half naked women!? (just kidding, i know the author needs a break and will have more sexiness soon.)

Megishima better not lose now.  It's interesting how we aren't really sure at the full abilities of the top 3 in Tootsuki's elite.

I feel Tsubasa truly wants to be the 1st seat, but Rindou is more carefree, so I'm not sure if she really is aiming for the top, or it just happened that way.  Megishima always seemed to be the type who was quiet and didn't really show off skill unless had to.  

It's possible that Megishima could be better than the other 2.  I just hope that with all of the hype, that Megishima doesn't lose to Rindou.  I have a feeling that wont be the case, since they really need someone to fight against Tsubasa in the finals.

Kuga and Mashima will probably lose though.  But Mashima is that weird wildcard who you never know how good he will be.  IT seems his skills vary based on the person.  The better he can "stalk/scope" his opponent's skill, the better he will be.  I just don't see him beating one of the top 5 of tootsuki though.... However, didn't Souma just beat the 4th seat (girl with bear who makes sweets) in chapters that weren't shown here?

Googling regiment de cuisine gives me 0 hits. How is that real?

Alright, I might've been wrong. =/ Brigade is the closest thing I found, and refers to the hierarchy.

The correct term is "brigade de cuisine". Possible confusion due to the fact that both are military terms.

Rindou spin-off when?

>African chilli ramen with chicken soup base

Nandos in a cup?

Jotaro's Ora Ora Rohan's I refuse! We Shokugeki no JoJo now!

Common trope called gratuitous french. In this particular case. The régiment de cuisine is real though. (But I doubt it's supposed to be this way, ah well) =/

Love how they chose some random french words for the judges' names. French family names can be pretty weird, but I don't know anybody named "History"...

Common trope called gratuitous french. In this particular case. The régiment de cuisine is real though. (But I doubt it's supposed to be this way, ah well) =/

Love how they chose some random french words for the judges' names. French family names can be pretty weird, but I don't know anybody named "History"...

This chapter has been on mangastream for a week

You sure about that?

oi oi oi, you guys are faster than mangastream? whats this?

This chapter has been on mangastream for a week

oi oi oi, you guys are faster than mangastream? whats this?

But let's be clear, central wins this. The souma team is composed of chars that haven't been deepend out in story yet. 

A crocodile?

Maybe she's going to make...

Spoiler

Nope, not the theme. XD

Spoiler

Banica Conchita?
No wait, this isn't a
Vocaloid-based Dark Fantasy series tied into a multimedia franchise spanning 50+ songs, 11 novels, several theatrical adaptations, and numerous manga giant trainwreck by some dude who goes by Mothy.

Yeah, no plot armor sighted.

"Plot" armor sighted!

Spoiler

This looks like a clean sweep by the Central Team this time. I don't know, because...the usual cliche plot?

Yeah, no plot armor sighted.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics