Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 170votes)

Ouroboros

Alt Names: alt ウロボロスalt ウロボロス 警察ヲ裁クハ我ニアリalt 無間雙龍alt 无间型警
Author: Kanzaki Yuuya
Artist: Kanzaki Yuuya
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ikuo Ryuuzaki and Danno Tatsuya are 2 orphaned boys who were looked after by a woman they called 'sensei'. Following their sensei's brutal murder, the two vow to hunt down her killers and the police officers who neglected to properly investigate the case.

15 years later, Ryuuzaki is a police detective and Tatsuya has become the leader of a group of mobsters. Helping each other out behind the scenes, they strive to rise to the tops of their respective fields so that they may exact their vengeance.

NOTE: the covers of the final volumes tend to be spoilerish, so leave the cover of the volume currently being scanlated, please.
Go to Ouroboros Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Ouroboros chapter discussions thread New Window truepurple
  • 9 Replies

436 Comments

Wait what!? I thought she was crippled! @-@ I'm so confused.

crippled mentally, not physically

Wait what!? I thought she was crippled! @-@ I'm so confused.

Wow, that twist came out of nowhere...

Spoiler

I know that maybe the next chapter will have some good explanation but seriously...

That's fucked up twist.

i would say it's a case of Stockholm syndrome

Wow, that twist came out of nowhere...

Spoiler

I know that maybe the next chapter will have some good explanation but seriously...

That's fucked up twist.

That is one of the DUMBEST twists, ever.

Spoiler

good guess lol

Spoiler

ay gaben thats wat u get fur not giving us teh half life threh

Spoiler

That new glassed guy "chief" looks like a young GabeN.

-snip-

That matter is seriously in a gray area of morality though.

What if between those 100 guilty men, there are one or two who are wrongly accused and actually innocent?

What if that innocent man does a crime right after he was freed from execution?

How can you be so confident that the accused won't change his/her way?

How can you be so confident that the accused will change his/her way?

The sad thing is, often i believe the imprisonement is just how humanity avoid the big responsibility of either executing or rehabilitating a criminal.

P.S.

The only event i can imagine that situation happening is actually when a terrorist demanding convicts to be released from prisons or the hostages dies. In this case, picking any of the option ultimately means our defeat. The best course of action is to make sure that both option are prevented.

But the do-gooders scream that ALL life is precious, thus allowing more innocent people to be victimized, tortured and killed by this type of scum who are more than happy to take advantage of a lenient justice system.

A philosophical problem that often forgotten by all those good-doers:

Which is more important between Life and Happiness?

I'm glad there are some nations and regions out there who hadn't any qualms on executing dangerous criminals.

In MY opinion...

This arc of the story shows the fallacy of sentencing someone to life imprisonment.  If the criminal had been sentenced to death in the first place AND EXECUTED IN A TIMELY MANNER, then he would never have had the chance to commit another heinous crime.  But the do-gooders scream that ALL life is precious, thus allowing more innocent people to be victimized, tortured and killed by this type of scum who are more than happy to take advantage of a lenient justice system.

This actually reminds me of that saying. Something like, "would you rather 100 guilty men go free or let one innocent man be executed."  I remember when this was put up for debate in one of my classes and I was one of the three(out of 20) people who said I'd rather the innocent man be executed.  If those 100 guilty people go free, the victims who suffered by their hand get no justice, and those men now realize they can get away with doing crimes without repercussions so they will have more victims.  

One ruined life (and his family), vs. the ruined lives of all the potential victims and their families who suffer with them. It may be callous of me, but it seems like the lesser of two evils in this case.  Then again, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" and all that.  

Life imprisonment=economy drain for someone with no chance of rehabilitation. A pointless exercise.

That kidnapper deserves to die. I hope he does die.

No, death is too lenient of a punishment for filth like him.

In MY opinion...

This arc of the story shows the fallacy of sentencing someone to life imprisonment.  If the criminal had been sentenced to death in the first place AND EXECUTED IN A TIMELY MANNER, then he would never have had the chance to commit another heinous crime.  But the do-gooders scream that ALL life is precious, thus allowing more innocent people to be victimized, tortured and killed by this type of scum who are more than happy to take advantage of a lenient justice system.

Here's a wild idea.. instead of mumbling clues which leads us to the inevitable flashback, how about  i don't know.. TELLING the investigation team the name of the lead suspect. I know crazy idea right. 

Makes no difference. The police is already after Kajiura because he escaped the penitentiary. Knowing who he is doesn't bring them any closer to the culprit. I agree that Bando, Mishima and Tomiko weren't very rational in withholding the information, but it wouldn't have helped.

Here's a wild idea.. instead of mumbling clues which leads us to the inevitable flashback, how about  i don't know.. TELLING the investigation team the name of the lead suspect. I know crazy idea right. 

woah pg 25, is that gaben?

Here take a snickers Gaben, you become a police detective when you're hungry.

I think so.

No, death is too lenient of a punishment for filth like him.

Thanks for the new chapter. Have a feeling there's more to this than meets the eye.

Wow. I just spent the past week binging Ouroboros. Why haven't I started this sooner?

This series is just so good~

So, thank you very much Death Toll for working so hard to slowly catch up :)
I also really enjoy the Tranlator's and Typesetter's Notes :D

A haiku for a dead man:

the death flag waves high

from above the corpse mountain

beckoning the next....

Mishima.

Do you ever want to just reach in, shake a character by the shoulders, then scream in their face

"STOP RAISING DEATH FLAGS! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!"

That's a flashback from the phone call between Hibino and Mishima back in chapter 78 or 79.

Thanks for clearing it up :)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics