Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.49 - 55votes)

Cousin

Alt Names: alt カズンalt Kazunalt Kuzenalt Prima
Author: Ikuemi Ryou
Artist: Ikuemi Ryou
Genres: Josei JoseiRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: 18 year old Tsubomi has a bit of a weight complex. After graduation from high school, she takes up a part-time job at a video rental store where she is introduced to another male employee, 19 year old Shiro, whose shifts always seem to coincide with hers. Shiro casually mentions that she reminds him of someone familiar. A few days later, while on duty, she bumps into a customer in one of the aisles. He leaves, but not without dropping his membership card, and Tsubomi finds out that his name is Nasukawa, and that he is an acquaintance of Shiro's. Meanwhile, after a song for a commercial comes on, Shiro realizes that Tsubomi reminds him of a famous model in a commercial (her "eyes", at least), who turns out to be none other than Tsubomi's cousin...?!
Go to Cousin Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raws New Window Arusiasotto
  • 0 Replies
Topic Cousin is Licensed New Window Arusiasotto
  • 11 Replies

64 Comments

if you want to lose weight, you might want to try blood type diet

p/s: it's also a plus point to exercise as well(to tone one's body)

as always consult ur doctor b4 trying any regime/exercise/diet etc

It's not about the male characters its about her.

Oooh interesting! all chapter read in one gooo~  

Whew but weird, none of the male appeared gimme the feeling "I hope she'll be with him"

Thank you very much for your hardwork J-Sis! 

This is why diets are bad and they don't really work at all in the long run!!! Here's a video about it: https://www.ted.com/talks/sandra_aamodt_why_dieting_doesn_t_usually_work

Diets aren't bad. But a diet alone doesn't fix your problem.

If you want to be healthy, you need to change your lifestyle and mindset. A diet can follow.

This is why diets are bad and they don't really work at all in the long run!!! Here's a video about it: https://www.ted.com/talks/sandra_aamodt_why_dieting_doesn_t_usually_work

J-SIS I love you!

Yeah but somehow she's making me mad..always going back to pigging out.I know a lot of people who have lost as much weigh as she does and after a while they naturally can't even eat as much anymore..And they become a lot more selfconfident. So her overly "Uh he can't mean it..He must have made a mistake" attitude pisses me off..Such a whiney girl..

you seem to be missing the point of this story.

Gah,  decntly nice story that make me feel nostalgic.....

Yeah but somehow she's making me mad..always going back to pigging out.I know a lot of people who have lost as much weigh as she does and after a while they naturally can't even eat as much anymore..And they become a lot more selfconfident. So her overly "Uh he can't mean it..He must have made a mistake" attitude pisses me off..Such a whiney girl..

I just had to reply to this. I agree with Purple Library Guy's comment about mental habits. In addition, self-confidence is connected to a lot of things and is not just related to body image. Usually, it's connected to something beneath the weight. Maybe for one person, it's the pride in achieving a goal, or maybe for another it's the rekindling of a sense of control over his/her own life. I see where you're coming from, though, as it can be really frustrating for both the witnesses and the actual person going through this process of loving herself. But this only makes me look forward to see how Tsubomi's going to grow as a character.

Anyway, thanks for the scans, J-SIS. :) 

It hasn't actually been that long, you know.  She just got slim a couple months ago near as I can figure, sheesh.

Plus she doesn't say that much to other people.  You're privy to her internal whining . . . but not to the internal whining of the people you know.  Never know what goes on in their heads; it may not be so easy to shed long mental habits.

Yay, a "Cousin" update!  And it's quite the chapter, too.

Yay, a "Cousin" update!  And it's quite the chapter, too.

Thanks for the new chap!!!!!

bon-chan defense squad go

just like Bon-chan, this manga has a very comfortable feeling to it.

Odd chapter  - almost seemed like those odd vignettes where they interview people who know a celebrity, but it tells shows something about each interviewee as well. 

And since she's depressed she's eating again,  but I think that Shiro likes her.

Thanks JSis! 

My word. This is the first romance manga I can remember reading in a long, long time that seems to be about *human beings*.

By contrasts, all those cookie-cutter shoujo mangas seem to be populated exclusively by Martians or something.

Really cute Martians, though.
You might enjoy Yesterday wo Utatte.

I love this one. She's a character you actually can empathize with, and not some glossy shoujo heroine. I'm so happy that they're continuing on this one, i almost fell out of my chair when i saw the update~ ≧▽≦

Thanks!   I am so glad this one is being translated again -  I really like it - the mc is Real. 

My word. This is the first romance manga I can remember reading in a long, long time that seems to be about *human beings*.

By contrasts, all those cookie-cutter shoujo mangas seem to be populated exclusively by Martians or something.

THANK YOU GUYS. This manga makes me so freaking happy. :)

Sorry folks, had to replace the chapter. Somehow missed a masking layer turned off...

It was really nice to watch an update for this manga!! ^^

This is one of my fav josei's so ThankYou Jsis! ;)

good to know the series being translated again, ( not that i didnt mind buying the japanese copies off shelf at kinokuniya) but yeah nice to see it translated than to have to spend 10 minutes reading the same page in the jap one translating it in my brain.....slowly.....

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics