Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Cousin is Licensed

Cousin licensed

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Arusiasotto

Arusiasotto

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 23 posts

We at J-SiS are in this for fun and the fans. As such we don't take donations or deprive authors of profits. Thus when I discovered that Cousin had been licensed, and made available digitally, I scrapped our work.

Please support the author by reading it directly at the source:

http://www.jmanga.com/cousin

Sorry if I got your hopes up on that one.

Now I did find out that Hotaru no Hikari Author Hiura Satoru had began a new series in March named Urara. I just can't seem to find the raws or info on it... I suck.

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
'not available in your country yet'

well i knew australia sucked already :P

Arusiasotto

Arusiasotto

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 23 posts
Yeah friend in the philippines had the same problem. may give her the materials and let her do as she likes.

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)
So are you not going to keep translating it just cause it's licensed? Not like we will ever ever find it in stores here in the US.

Edited by inzaratha, 14 April 2012 - 03:31 AM.

Arusiasotto

Arusiasotto

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 23 posts
You can read it at Jmanga.com here in the US. We are not continuing the translation, since the entire series is translated into English and available for less than $10. I have no issue translating a series that no one can read. I have several with a series I can buy and read, and am that much likelier to get sued to reproducing.

Edited by Arusiasotto, 18 April 2012 - 01:51 AM.

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)
yeah, I understand, no one wants to get sued.

I never heard of Jmanga before, but after looking at it, I pretty much figure this will become the way it will all be in the near future.

Edited by inzaratha, 18 April 2012 - 05:37 AM.

Arusiasotto

Arusiasotto

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 23 posts
It's not a bad service. Shonen Jump also has a similar service, their English releases hit the website about a week after the Japanese edition hits shelves. It's why you have seen a lot of C&D's on Jump works recently.

Nebulous

Nebulous

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
How can I read it in UK?

Arusiasotto

Arusiasotto

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 23 posts
VPN or Proxy server to the USA.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Well, I suppose now that Jmanga has gone out of business, it's not licensed anymore. Good to see an update.

Tn7HA0h.png

Arusiasotto

Arusiasotto

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 23 posts

Yeah. I had a few volumes with them, sad to see them go. I think an Amazon E-book approach would have worked better than a browser based solution.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

Suspect you're right.  Sellers increasingly want to license content to people.  But people still want to own the stuff they buy.