Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 312votes)

Hirunaka no Ryuusei

Alt Names: alt A Love Story in Moist Rainy Daysalt ひるなかの流星alt แสงดาวกลางใจalt Cookie Girl, Cream Boyalt Daytime Shooting Staralt Estrella Fugaz durante el díaalt Günışığında Kayan Yıldızalt Hatsukoi Murasakialt Hirunaka no Ryūseialt Hirunaka no Ryuseialt Purple Lovealt Tsuyu Kaorualt Una Stella Cadente In Pieno Giornoalt 昼行闪耀的流星alt Дневной звездопад
Author: Yamamori Mika
Artist: Yamamori Mika
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: When her father transfers overseas, fifteen-year old country girl Suzume has to move to Tokyo to live with her uncle. Lost and confused in Tokyo, she bumps into a mysterious man. Who is he? And it turns out he's her homeroom teacher...?

Special:
> Hirunaka Shikkaku
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/hirunaka-shikkaku-r9404 )

Special #2:
>Hirunaka no Chouchou & Hibi Ryuusei
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/hirunaka-no-chouchou-hibi-ryuusei-r12754 )
Go to Hirunaka no Ryuusei Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Shishio VS Mamura New Window chiibit
  • 0 Replies
Topic Latest Ch. Discussion New Window kulekrizpy
  • 14 Replies
Topic Your Favorite Interactions! New Window holanio
  • 5 Replies

539 Comments

@aruless: Yes'm! And her GPS always leads her back to Shishio haha.
Great chap, so chun-chun have a gps xD
Leave it to Purple Library Guy to make the best comments ever XD
Now, let's see...

I wasn't very keen on picking this up at first, because when I look at the cover I see a plus sign (+) in terms of romance. But I ended up doing it because every time a new chapter was out I felt like the manga was staring at me from Batoto's main page...kinda scary.
But I'm glad I did try it.
It didn't make me laugh out loud and my heart hasn't skipped a beat yet but it's pleasant. Especially the art, it's really clean and neat. And the characters are refreshing, I really like the teacher, the way he bluntly told the main character she might have been left out was awesome.
I'm really wondering how this will work out...
The fact that Italian is quite easy to understand is also a bonus for when I want to know what happens next ;)
Meanwhile, ch 8, worst excuse ever for looking away from the guy you're interested in.
"I simply don't know what expression I should have when I look at him".
Girl, you don't have an expression. Why would now be different?
StayFrostyX: Ah, I misconstrued you. Personally, I find that while there are a few art styles I really notice and can't hack, and a few artists that really impress me, for the most part when it comes to manga styles I get used to them after a while and they seem normal within their frame of reference. But I'm not the most sensitive to art, on average; I know some people have much stronger sensibility to the visual component.
I do react strongly sometimes to bad composition . . . when they arrange the boxes in a way that bollixes up the flow of the story it bugs the hell out of me.
@shingen, her nickname's chun-chun because chun-chun is an onomatopoeia for chirp-chirp in japanese and her name suzume means tree sparrow in english.
@ Purple Library Guy - I meant that it was a shame because people underestimate it. And the main reason i'm not a big fan of shoujo is because of the art styles, not the story. I'm sure there are plenty of good stories i miss out on because the art drives me crazy. Not trying to generalize shoujo art or anything, it's just out of the four age/gender labels shoujo has the most art styles that i personally don't like(not that there aren't plenty of styles i do like).
has anyone figured out why her nickname is "Chun-chun"?
I love how laid back it is. I don't like many shoujo, but this is definitely one of them.
hmm i prefer mamura...
but the author is making it obvious who is canon. :(
StayFrostyX: Wow. I do like this, but IMO there's actually quite a bit of shoujo this good in the sort of way you're talking about, a little outside the classic shoujo "feel" with a good story and interesting characters. I mean, I'd say "Six Half" is at least as good as this, also "Taiyou no Ie" and "Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun", depending on your taste probably "Kore wa Koi no Hanashi".
And note that I've deliberately not mentioned stuff that's really really good but operates pretty much within the shoujo approach, like "Kimi ni Todoke" or "Yume Miru Taiyou" or (many many more). Really, I think people underestimate shoujo.
This is... surprisingly good. I'm not a fan of shoujo manga but this is one of those manga that sort of break out of the standard shounen/shoujo/seinen/josei formulas and can entertain a much more generalized(and much larger) audience. For manga like this, sticking one of the four age/gender labels on it is more like a shackle than anything. A lot of people who would certainly enjoy this will never likely see it because they simply don't read shoujo.

It's a shame, really.

Also - that bitch had it coming. Chapter 5 is the point where some chick says "You go girl!!" or some douche bag says "Rip her clothes! RIP HER CLOTHES!!"
Damn.
If only I can understand Italian.
WHY ?! ;A;
i wish I could read Italian :(
get some italians up in here!
I can only say that i like Yosano's attitude and way to think!
Oh snap!

BITCH FIGHT!
YyyyyyeeeeeSSSSSSSS girl! Teach that girl who's boss!
...I'm thinking that I really like this. Chapter 5 just was so unexpected, so...refreshing...God. I've been waiting for something like this.
@Sootopolis

Agree with u, she's a cunning b****
Wow, I am so, so happy I saw this on the homepage! What a fantastic, refreshing read. When I got to the end of chapter 4 I was like Nooooo! I need MOAR!! Lovely art, and the mangaka has that same kind of simplicity and lightness of touch found in Taamo's work. There are no grossly exaggerated emotions or OTT behaviour; the interactions are just so real.

About Chapter 3:
Spoiler
wow, this one is something.
@shoushikochou:

It's not a manga. They're characters from the otome game Hisui no Shizuku: Hiiro no Kakera 2.
does anyone know on the cedit page of sound of jewels of page 2 of this manga know those characters come from a manga?
Instant Follow! Take it deep! So good so far :D

Pretty sure she ain't ending up with the teacher. With how the story's going, it'll be Mamura.

i don't think so. i think she'll end up with her teacher. but well let's just see what will happen next.

yeah this is one of a good shoujo manga

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics