Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 467votes)

Otoyomegatari

Alt Names: alt A Bride's Storyalt Arojen Morsiametalt เจ้าสาวแห่งทางสายไหมalt 乙嫁語りalt Brudens Fortellingeralt Gelinin Hikayelerialt Historia de Noviasalt Οι ιστορίες της νύφηςalt The Bride's Storiesalt Young Bride's Story (German)
Author: Mori Kaoru
Artist: Mori Kaoru
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Set in Central Asia in a rural town near the Caspian Sea during the early 19th century, the story revolves around a young woman, Amir, who arrives from a distant village across the mountains to marry Karluk, a boy eight years her junior. The story unfolds among details of everyday family and community life. However, the peaceful atmosphere is disturbed when Amir's family demands to take her back to their village.
Go to Otoyomegatari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Romanticizing ownership of women. New Window truepurple
  • 123 Replies
Topic Cultural accuracy New Window Tadao
  • 14 Replies
Topic Otoyomegatari Chapters New Window Pold10
  • 44 Replies
Topic Kaoru Mori Illustrating Amir. New Window JTai
  • 7 Replies
Topic Mr Smith wimps out. New Window truepurple
  • 73 Replies

1048 Comments

I'm still confused as to whether or not there will be different characters in each arc. I hope not because i prefer amir as the main character. Also, is this released monthly?
We need more clarification on whether or not Scantily Clad said "no" to hosting their chapters.
Oh. Well, thank you for the clarification. I like the author's works, so I'll be sure to pick them up when I get the chance.
@desiant scantily clad IS a scanlation group, and all scanlation groups (or at least I hope all...) discourage the distribution of manga that have been licensed because that would take their scanlating and translating, what would normally be a gray areas in terms of morality, and turning it black. Basically making them outright illegal.
Um, what? I'd like some actual proof that this "Scantily Clad" licensing group exists, because searching turns up jack-crap save for a scanlation group by the same name.
About the 13-17 chapts.

Pold10, Got that fix. It's too bad that there will be no chapter 13-17 on Batoto because Otoyomegatari is licensed and Scantily Clad does not want any licensed titles to be upload.

by Manganight

So, I'm sorry, but i can't upload them, and i wont make a fan translation from the spanish versions.
Any news on 13-17?
ooh thank you so much pold10!!
Cool manga, definitely one of the best. Wish it'd go back on arin though :)
who cares as long there's free food :)

I was wondering if miss "praying mantis" would show up there again.. but I guess that was the last of her
Definitely one of my favorites. To think a female author can depict such cute female characters so well...
Yes, my name is a curse, heh-heh.

In any case, Sahm and Sahmi both look great for the twins. They actually want to take care of them and make them happy. It's so sweet.
I wonder how they can tell the difference xD
@liar glad you think that way, but you are not convincing anyone with a name like that LOL :P
This series is classy
This is so good.Can't wait for chapter 21 :)
amazing art!
Fantastic! The twins are a lovely bunch of girls. I wouldn't mind being married to one of them... or both of them!
Wow, the attention to art detail is amazing, and even more so with cultural detail. Very impressive.
I love this manga - it has some of the very best artwork and the story with all the details of the different culture is very unique and really excellent.
I don't have any translated version of the chapter 21, but i can say this:
Spoiler
chapter 20 was fun, in this manga they think only about marriage xD
Considering the time the story is set in, I would venture to say he was either a noble son or the son of a wealthy merchant. Otherwise, he wouldn't have access to many of the things he has nor could he have even afforded to be gone that long. Since he has at least some medical training, allowing himself to be called a doctor, he must have gone to college, which reinforces the idea. However, it's all speculation. I don't think I've seen anything that says definitively.
do you think smith is some prince or noble?
@Pold10. Sorry, I almost never look at the forum stuff below the title lists once I've made a comment on it myself, so I missed your question.

Kauro Mori's work list is not very long, really. "Emma" ran 10 volumes. It's about a Victorian era maid's romance with a rich merchant's son. "Shirley" was a single volume set in the "Emma-verse" about another maid. She also had a short called "Violet Blossoms". She also did doujinshi work under the pen name Fumio Agata.

As I said in my previous post, Kaoru Mori is one of my favorites. The rich detail put into the backgrounds, the consistently good artwork that doesn't really follow a "style" that others use, and the incredible character development are all used in stories that meld drama, humor, and mostly-innoccent romance.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics