Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 142votes)

Cavalier of the Abyss

Alt Names: alt Cavalier in the Abyssalt Cavalier of Abyssalt 심연의 카발리어alt 深渊骑士alt Рыцарь Бездны
Author: Ga On-Bi
Artist: Juder
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsMystery MysteryRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Sequel to Immortal Regis. Reading the entirety of the prequel is highly recommended, otherwise, this story from chapter 4 on will spoil it and/or be confusing.

Chaos has gotten itself a new Regis, Nex, a seemingly heartless ruler who destory everything and everyone who stand in his way. A small boy named Xix, who's contracted with an Evil is out seeking his revenge on Regis Nex for killing his village and Sister. When he gets his chance to kill Regis Nex, he loses completely and gets taken to the Royal palace. But once there, he see that there is something else going on in the background of the Royal Family, a Secret they don't want to be uncovered...
~Scantily Clad

Prequel:

> Immortal Regis
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/immortal-regis-r288)
Go to Cavalier of the Abyss Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Who is your favorite character and why? New Window Razz
  • 13 Replies
Topic Totally confused New Window morlyn
  • 4 Replies
Topic Latest chapter thread New Window Coca
  • 22 Replies
Topic Problem with groups? New Window Hollowcantaro
  • 1 Replies
Topic Cavalier Of The Abyss New Window shoushikochou
  • 2 Replies
Topic When will new chapters be released? I heard other volumes already came out. New Window Happiness
  • 5 Replies

235 Comments

i stopped reading it when i sense an NTR so yeah i dropped after the siana flashback but still hoping that it doesnt turn that way

It's a continuation. Its the same world, but takes place some years after immortal regis and follows different characters with some old characters here and there. I think its somewhat continuing the story, in an indirect way. Sort of like learning what happened in the time gap through the story of the new character. At least that's what I understood, it was a little hard to follow and its also been a while since I read any of it.

Thank you!

Was anyone translating "The Twisted God of the Night?"

the problem is that droping it when their story is already messed give a bad after taste.

Not really. Some stories build themselves on that design. Make a convoluted and messed up beginning but then spend the rest of the story about gradually revealing the secrets/intentions of the convoluted and messed up beginning.

ie. Why are X people crazy? Because Y country is crazy and X people are actually "normal". The main character(s) is the one who is actually crazy (in the eyes of X people/Y country.)

I stopped at somewhere between 15 and 22, 

this shit is too fucked up, they should have ended it at immortal regis, and then start new one with entirely different time, not to show some old characters cameo with fucked up story in the time gap, you know, like M.A.R.S (Marchen awaken romance) its like the author trying to hard to make this into a .... lets say , rettousei, with alot of plot twist , confusing plot twist, and confusing plot itself

i rather have my head confused and twisted in a long manga that even i could eventually wrap my head around it , such as aku no hana and suzuka, love hina, ai kora,  and etc

but this feels like a shit that i willingly put up but draggin to long until i have to make a choice to either drop it and move on or be ruined by it, 

second best and wisest decision to drop following after Fuuka, and never once to regret to not ever finish reading it

i just occasionally visit this page whenever i see the name on update list and see the comment (which is also being confusing and wall of text by the way) to see if anyone (by luck) post a short synopsis that one day can catch my attention and i could read it asap and move on

the problem is that droping it when their(characters) story is already messed gives a bad after taste.

So, does things are better now? stopped reading at 32.

I stopped at somewhere between 15 and 22, 

this shit is too fucked up, they should have ended it at immortal regis, and then start new one with entirely different time, not to show some old characters cameo with fucked up story in the time gap, you know, like M.A.R.S (Marchen awaken romance) its like the author trying to hard to make this into a .... lets say , rettousei, with alot of plot twist , confusing plot twist, and confusing plot itself

i rather have my head confused and twisted in a long manga that even i could eventually wrap my head around it , such as aku no hana and suzuka, love hina, ai kora,  and etc

but this feels like a shit that i willingly put up but draggin to long until i have to make a choice to either drop it and move on or be ruined by it, 

second best and wisest decision to drop following after Fuuka, and never once to regret to not ever finish reading it

i just occasionally visit this page whenever i see the name on update list and see the comment (which is also being confusing and wall of text by the way) to see if anyone (by luck) post a short synopsis that one day can catch my attention and i could read it asap and move on

I'm curious too, one of the worst falloffs in quality I know off.

I've read up to 60 or so and still don't give a fuck about any characters but the legacy ones

If anyone can answer me it'd be very much appreciated, but my question is does this continue the story of 'Immortal Regis'? cause the description doesn't really point towards that, also is it in the point of view of new characters? I really want to know cause if it doesn't continue the story I really don't want to spend time reading this.

It's a continuation. Its the same world, but takes place some years after immortal regis and follows different characters with some old characters here and there. I think its somewhat continuing the story, in an indirect way. Sort of like learning what happened in the time gap through the story of the new character. At least that's what I understood, it was a little hard to follow and its also been a while since I read any of it.

If anyone can answer me it'd be very much appreciated, but my question is does this continue the story of 'Immortal Regis'? cause the description doesn't really point towards that, also is it in the point of view of new characters? I really want to know cause if it doesn't continue the story I really don't want to spend time reading this.

maybe, but I feel like you're picking faults on purpose. in c1 (I just re-read it) it was only really mentioned that Regis purged a town on the fact that the lord was a traitor. Since there's no further information regarding this you can't say that he was not being a 'well meaning extremist'. Who knows, the lord might have been assisting Kaladbolg or resistance forces on the sly.

Yet when Kaladbolg came to Chaos, he decided to not kill everyone in the village. Now a potential traitor appears and he massares everyone. Logic and the dangers present seems to indicate the reactions should have been reversed.
Even if the situation was more dire than shown, the author purposely omitted information in his characterization of Nex, which is at odds with his later portrayal.

Regarding Yuan with a sword, you're like saying a magician can't use a sword for just that 1 time. Let's say I have proficiency S in magic and B in swordsmanship, and I happened to use a sword that one time since I had it. and then I don't use it anymore, and that's an issue? True, it'd been better if it was explained, but eh, it doesn't mean every minor point has to be thoroughly explained (this is not a light novel).

Yes, the one time an assilant decides to attack you, let's not use your most proficient tool and purposely nerf yourself. That's either sucidial or insanity, Yuan never shows any signs these.
The author can do whatever he/she want, if they explain it badly (or not at all), then their skills are lacking (which is my original point)

Just a few other points you mentioned: 
well, he was somewhat confused at that time, so he can't even be allowed to do nothing because he's confused now?

The problem is not that he didn't do anything, he blocked the attack. Of the all the things he could have done, he stops Nex and indirectly saves Siana. He had enough clarity and energy to block Depore from Nex, the strongest in Chaos. He could have just dodged, which would have taken far less effort.

Also, Xix's reason for revenge does not fall flat just because Siana's alive. while siana is the main reason, the entire village also works as a reason, but in any case one's hatred for someone does not vanish instantly due to misleading information. (Even if Nex didn't kill Siana, the idea of him injuring her still exists)

Yet, the story has entirely moved away from Xix getting curbstomped by Nex to chasing Siana (). It shows that he reason for revenge was not for a greater cause or that Nex was killing people (seemingly) for no reason. It was just a personal grudge, which is not too bad in and of itself, but becames unbearable with Xix's lack of tact.

Skoll should come out to play more often

There are many inconsistences with the facts revealed in the flashbacks and his actions in the first cahpter, which I outlined in my previous post.

If chapter one never happened, then his characteraicetion would be relatively consistent, going by Xix's memories of him.

Chapter one also has Yuan with a sword (which she has NEVER used again), so Nex's personality flip isn't the thing that had to be retconed.

maybe, but I feel like you're picking faults on purpose. in c1 (I just re-read it) it was only really mentioned that Regis purged a town on the fact that the lord was a traitor. Since there's no further information regarding this you can't say that he was not being a 'well meaning extremist'. Who knows, the lord might have been assisting Kaladbolg or resistance forces on the sly.

Regarding Yuan with a sword, you're like saying a magician can't use a sword for just that 1 time. Let's say I have proficiency S in magic and B in swordsmanship, and I happened to use a sword that one time since I had it. and then I don't use it anymore, and that's an issue? True, it'd been better if it was explained, but eh, it doesn't mean every minor point has to be thoroughly explained (this is not a light novel).

Just a few other points you mentioned: 

Maybe Ghost-Fire Sianna was too much, but a retreat should be possible. Heck, even without Noah's Legacy he should be able to get away when they were flying. He can teleport, create ice out of thin air, and block Depore, but jumping down from a Wyvern is too much?

well, he was somewhat confused at that time, so he can't even be allowed to do nothing because he's confused now?

Also, Xix's reason for revenge does not fall flat just because Siana's alive. while siana is the main reason, the entire village also works as a reason, but in any case one's hatred for someone does not vanish instantly due to misleading information. (Even if Nex didn't kill Siana, the idea of him injuring her still exists)

Mangacow has stopped updating Cavalier at 100th chapter. I really hope, the guys, who are adding new chapters here would go further. I really like this manhwa, it's a shame, that Mangacow won't continue it, even though he said, that he has a shitton of chapters translated. Almost catching up to the raws, but editing it is too much pain, so it was dropped again. Plase, don't let this series die! :D

Though the activity on this page appears rather dead - you still update with chapters when able, and for that I wanted to say thanks!

I honestly didn't care too* much for the first half of this entire manga, but the whole of the second half has been quite entertaining to read, largely because whether flawed or just cleverly hidden...you really can get lost in what’s going on and who to root for at times, And I find it makes it a fresh and enjoyable read.  Tragically it doesn't appear to be translated by many manga sites, so again, thank you for being that selfless hero that puts forth his/her free time to translate these pages for arguably no gain outside of just being a really cool person!

I feel you assistant D...

and metaception, you said earlier "hedonistic jerkass to well-meaning extremist with zero explanation

but my point being it was explained. rather, it was his actions in c1 that were unexplained until later on, although largely inferred from flashbacks and other things. It was there to show that he HAD NEVER been a hedonistic jerkass,  and well, if you find that to be a problem, then all I can say is that you have weird taste for wanting your manga characters to take unexplained actions and you don't want the author to explain them.

which is uh, up to you, really.

There are many inconsistences with the facts revealed in the flashbacks and his actions in the first cahpter, which I outlined in my previous post.

If chapter one never happened, then his characteraicetion would be relatively consistent, going by Xix's memories of him.

Chapter one also has Yuan with a sword (which she has NEVER used again), so Nex's personality flip isn't the thing that had to be retconed.

...manga rule no.1: never bring scientific logic into it.

What I previously stated are pretty much things that were covered earlier in the manga (and meant to stop comments I find stupid such as 'I hope Serin's betrayal isn't cheating on Nex' which seriously pisses me off.)

I'll agree with your point about this, but I'm just saying that I won't be surprised if the author comes up with something contrary to your point. as much as possible when it comes to commenting/explaining a manga I opt to use as much info that had been given by the author as much as possible instead of bringing in science (and leaving any unexplained possibilities as possibilities.)

I try but it's hard when manga authors continue to try to make sense of stuff you know is BS. 

That was years ago the entire volume of our blood gets replenished within months.

It's an interesting thought I had myself at the start and might just be that the Author himself isn't aware of it but if Xix needs a beating heart he needs blood and blood constantly gets depleted and replenished. It might have started with Sianna's blood but eventually all the cells would have been replaced by Xix'. 

...manga rule no.1: never bring scientific logic into it.

What I previously stated are pretty much things that were covered earlier in the manga (and meant to stop comments I find stupid such as 'I hope Serin's betrayal isn't cheating on Nex' which seriously pisses me off.)

I'll agree with your point about this, but I'm just saying that I won't be surprised if the author comes up with something contrary to your point. as much as possible when it comes to commenting/explaining a manga I opt to use as much info that had been given by the author as much as possible instead of bringing in science (and leaving any unexplained possibilities as possibilities.)

and metaception, you said earlier "hedonistic jerkass to well-meaning extremist with zero explanation

but my point being it was explained. rather, it was his actions in c1 that were unexplained until later on, although largely inferred from flashbacks and other things. It was there to show that he HAD NEVER been a hedonistic jerkass,  and well, if you find that to be a problem, then all I can say is that you have weird taste for wanting your manga characters to take unexplained actions and you don't want the author to explain them.

which is uh, up to you, really.

Xix took Sianna's heart, but only after her blood rezzed him. So her blood could still be flowing through his veins, which would really explain everything, including his not being infected by the corruption

That was years ago the entire volume of our blood gets replenished within months.

It's an interesting thought I had myself at the start and might just be that the Author himself isn't aware of it but if Xix needs a beating heart he needs blood and blood constantly gets depleted and replenished. It might have started with Sianna's blood but eventually all the cells would have been replaced by Xix'. 

That's not how this works, blood cells are reproduced in the marrow not the heart, it may be her heart but it's Xix' blood.

Xix took Sianna's heart, but only after her blood rezzed him. So her blood could still be flowing through his veins, which would really explain everything, including his not being infected by the corruption

Nex had always been a nice guy, just a little extreme after what happened to him (betrayals and all, partially covered in Immortal Regis). He doesn't remember the Banaan clan, because not everyone will remember every single instance of Kaladbolg appearing and infecting part of his empire resulting in the need to purge the area clean. Also, he did not intend to purge them, he was forced to do so when he saw Kaladbolg's taint in that village.

He has to be ruthless after what he's been through and what Kaladbolg's capable of doing.

That's the problem, the first few chapters has him been a jerk for the sake of being a jerk. Then he suddenly become a well meaning extremist. He kills an entire city cuz "maybe" rebellions in Ch. 1, then later it was revealed that he actually assessed situations like a good leader.

And the Banaan clan was special as Kaladbolg was personally there, usually the corruption spreads without his direct involvement. He was there that time to proposal a trucefire, so it was a exceptionally rare occurance.

Spoiler

That's not how this works, blood cells are reproduced in the marrow not the heart, it may be her heart but it's Xix' blood.

Crazy loli is cray '^ '

fkn mangacow just dropped this. that group never fails to piss me off... they go around touching other peoples shit, then they just drop it for no reason....

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics