Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Totally confused

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

morlyn

morlyn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts

Been awhile since ive read Immortal Regis but mostly im confused as to how Nex turned out to be the anti hero or whatever, and mostly confused about the "betrayal" that Serin caused with him. If anyone could fill me in on everything, that would be grand

Toori

Toori

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

He's still the hero, but he's got some rough/badass metods...

I just read up to the last chapter... Forget what i said, you'd better keep reading otherwise i'll spoil you real hard..

About serin betrayal.. no one knows anything yet.

Edited by Toori, 22 April 2015 - 06:38 AM.

caulfield

caulfield

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo, Brasil

last chapter (cap 131) we can see what the betrayl was

Ironclad

Ironclad

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

Immortal Regis was a complete clusterfuck. Overdesigned characters were thrown at us left and right and would die off or disappear into the background like two chapters later. There was barely a pattern or unifying visuals for the 4 clans. They never established what the two extinct clans were either. What was the ring suppose to be? I thought it would end up connected to the extinct clan or Depore, but it was never brought up again. Did they ever establish why Shao Shao snuck into the labyrinth? It was implied she was acting on behalf of the Serpent clan but they never verified that. I mean she was a disciple of Infinity a heretic of the Serpent clan, so was she an undercover spy? I didn't get that because she seemed like a bird /flying themed character. Also the heraldry of the Serpent clan makes no sense. Spiders and thorny vines have nothing to do with snakes or dragons. How did the heir of Vision clan know what was going on in the labyrinth? Serin said she needed to be tipped off, and the only ones who knew were the Serpent and Mahou clans who were the Vision's enemies. It couldn't have been the Mahou because they found out later with the wire tap. So why the fuck would the Serpent clan let the Vision clan get close to Depore? Was the previous user of Depore Serin's sister or Noche? Depore is clearly in the image of Serin's sister and they say she was the last wielder, but then Depore doesn't seem to remember her at all even though she remembers minor characters like Brass. Last some book keeping, there should be 6 power stones, or whatever they called the macguffins, besides the King stone Kaladbolg. They are Sekmet, Depore, Nirvana, Fortuna, and at least two others unaccounted for the Serpent clan and other extinct clan. After starting Cavalier of the Abyss it seems all of this is completely irrelevant anyway now.

Edited by Jahiliyyah, 22 December 2015 - 03:14 AM.

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts
I agree that IR has a lot of plot holes. The author should have freshened the story more out. Explain the world of Chaos better, go deeper in Jae Hyuk's school life and slowly introduce new arcs. Also the relationship between Serin and Jae Hyuk wasn't written well. I remember being so confused when I read IR for the first time, even the ending could have been better. Honestly if someone were to make a fanfic of IR with a proper plot development, character relations etc.i wouldn't be against it at all, I'm really hoping that CoA will at least answe so,e other questions IR left us with. Like how could Cal's personality change from blood lust to docile and gentle?
How did Astarote die? How did Noche meet Depore? How where the other clans annihilated and how did the stones came into the major clan's possession, how did Chaos' social system work during Cal's slumber? Because it seemed to me like those major clans had no power at all. Everyone just killed and did whatever they wanted.

There are a lot of other plot holes but I guess we can agree that these are one of the biggest to be filled.

Posted Image

Now a story before falling asleep

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3707972/