Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 271votes)

Rain

Alt Names: alt レイン
Author: Yoshino Takumi
Artist: Sumikawa Megumi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The continent Murgenia, where they master swordsmanship and magic:

The small country of Sunkwoll is in a tight spot because it's under attack from the great country Zarmin. But General Rain, who's reputed to be an exceptionally gifted swordsman, is against the war and won't enter the battle. But how is one supposed to wage a war like this anyway?

Based on the light novel series of the same name.

============Notice================
Unfortunately the comic (or parts of it) was scanlated by groups that don't allow rehosting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
==========Notice End==============

Side Story:
> Rain Gaiden - Vampire Master
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/rain-gaiden-vampire-master-r11709 )
Go to Rain Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raws New Window garismaatti
  • 0 Replies
Topic Confused about something from the prequel. New Window morlyn
  • 5 Replies
Topic Rain is a annoyingly OP annoyingly central character. New Window truepurple
  • 59 Replies
Topic Sunkwoll's power New Window pothb
  • 0 Replies
Topic Rain's relation to Ralphus New Window icedpyro
  • 0 Replies
Topic Adaptation in anime? New Window Alchemist
  • 1 Replies

590 Comments

So wait. Who are the two dragon slayers?

does this mean that sense scans have dropped this and death toll has picked this up?  i just hope we it goes back to steady releases again even if its a monthly one, cause this is just a  great comic. 16  chapters till we're caught up.

Read again from blackflash.
Rain decide become strong because this.
Read ch 10. the past rain where his family get killed.
And Rain dont have a younger sister.
She was a childhood friend

his family didn't get killed it was the family of his childhood (girl)friend that did and he was there.  just that only he survived.

Spoiler
It's like stepping on enemy ants vs raising your own ant army and watching them duke it out. Which is more interesting?
They are all just playing along with human rules for entertainment, otherwise Joe would have become emperor of humanity a long time ago.

Yet the issue comes with the bonds that Rain has formed. It is not like he doesn't care about anyone in his army, he has commanders that he gets along with well, comrades that he has spent time with, and those comrades also have friends and family in the army, and this spread out further and further. Rain isn't the type to see those characters as "ants" which is why is why I cannot understand why he doesn't do anything to help them except for strategy and stuff.

Spoiler
It's like stepping on enemy ants vs raising your own ant army and watching them duke it out. Which is more interesting?
They are all just playing along with human rules for entertainment, otherwise Joe would have become emperor of humanity a long time ago.

I just can't understand why they try to put focus on the strength of armies and the force of many, if there are characters that can literally solo a whole army with a few AoE skills?.. And why doesn't rain actually focus on reducing the enemy numbers as much as possible to save his own countrymen? Is this a case similar to nuclear weapons? Where Rain isn't allowed to use his full strength and to massacre armies or else Reygul is going to make a show (At which point Rain would also be able to go against him directly and they want to delay that for some unknown reason?) or what the hell is the reason for this whole thing? I mean normal soldiers can't even scratch Rain, he could cause explosions causing 1000s of enemies to die every second. Legions would die before rain would drop a sweat.

Honestly, while this story is quite a fun one, it has a ton of illogical story decisions. On one side it tries to be a medieval fantasy war thing, while also having individual powers that completely negate every power in the war itself. Would Rain send thousands to die, even though those deaths could be avoided if he just went and properly took part in the war and gave it his best? Even against assassins and other extremely powerful creaturs, he mostly likes to play around with them without even using 1% of his actual strength.

The problem is that - aside that the world is pretty imbalanced here - generally really OP beings are not that reliable.

Thank you for the release, Death Toll Scanlations!!

I just can't understand why they try to put focus on the strength of armies and the force of many, if there are characters that can literally solo a whole army with a few AoE skills?.. And why doesn't rain actually focus on reducing the enemy numbers as much as possible to save his own countrymen? Is this a case similar to nuclear weapons? Where Rain isn't allowed to use his full strength and to massacre armies or else Reygul is going to make a show (At which point Rain would also be able to go against him directly and they want to delay that for some unknown reason?) or what the hell is the reason for this whole thing? I mean normal soldiers can't even scratch Rain, he could cause explosions causing 1000s of enemies to die every second. Legions would die before rain would drop a sweat.

Honestly, while this story is quite a fun one, it has a ton of illogical story decisions. On one side it tries to be a medieval fantasy war thing, while also having individual powers that completely negate every power in the war itself. Would Rain send thousands to die, even though those deaths could be avoided if he just went and properly took part in the war and gave it his best? Even against assassins and other extremely powerful creaturs, he mostly likes to play around with them without even using 1% of his actual strength.

I happy it's back but more importantly,

Spoiler

Read again from blackflash.
Rain decide become strong because this.
Read ch 10. the past rain where his family get killed.
And Rain dont have a younger sister.
She was a childhood friend

Damn Fine. LOL.

I happy it's back but more importantly,

Spoiler

Wait. What? Wtf just happened? Like a bunch of people got introduced out of nowhere with no context, and Rain fkn breaking down doors. Did a chapter get skipped or something?

Winter von Bloomhart......Is this Suikoden?

Uhh...Who were those guys again? I remember the peacock like demon but the other one? And is that rain's sister? And who's that guy who killed duwee? Sooo effin confused lol.

I like when Rain is more mysterious, edgy even. Otherwise it can come off as a giant cringy circlejerk.

...planning to target Rain's family, uh? I see a sh*tload of ways this plan could seriously backfire, dude.....

Thank you Death Toll Scans!!

Not even armor can save you from her intimidating aura as she smiles like this while you're kneeling in front of her.

ITS BACK!!! WHHOOOTT

ITS ALIVE! IT LIVES! All hail death toll!

Finally. Thanks @ Death Toll

Spoiler

.......My, what a beautiful smile you have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yz6Mz-gzLU

I need to re read this lol.

That feeling when you click on an update and can't remember anything about the manga you supposedly read so far...
Spoiler

3524617.jpg

Oh but all cuteness hides a satan.. That little furball will bring down every vase and shred every tapestry.

@Helz At least he got to keep his hair!

well wupdidui for that :D

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics