Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 484votes)

Overlord

Alt Names: alt 不死者之王alt โอเวอร์ ลอร์ดalt オーバーロードalt 오버로드alt Maharajaalt OverLordalt Повелитель
Author: Maruyama Kugane
Artist: Miyama Fugin
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story begins with Yggdrasil, a popular online game which is quietly shut down on its last day. Our protagonist Momonga decided to stay until the last moment in his beloved game and wait for the force logout. Unexpectedly, the server did not shut down and Momonga is stuck in his skeleton body and got transferred to another world. "The powerful Overlord" needs now to discover a new world and face the continuous challenges.

Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary man strives to take over the new world the game has become.

Based on the light novel of the same name.
Go to Overlord Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic That last joke... New Window mrponeis
  • 0 Replies
Topic What's going on with this storyline New Window makuta2
  • 3 Replies
Topic Webnovel New Window Budda523
  • 7 Replies
Topic Looking for another title with the same plot New Window kenshinco
  • 9 Replies
Topic Is this all the manga? New Window GuloGulos
  • 1 Replies
Topic Is this all the manga? New Window GuloGulos
  • 0 Replies

1153 Comments

When Sebas enters your breathing space he will make any person's underwear moisten either from excitement or fear cause that mother fucka is a straight up gentlemen.  

Because Ainz is paranoid as fuck. Up to recent He's still believing that something/someone out there is more powerful that could threaten him and his guild, that is why Ainz keep their action pretty limited unless it was well planed.

So far up to Vol.12 there is no evidence that someone stronger or can be a threat fo Nazarick but there is an evidence that there is other Players from Yggdrasil and some of them still alive.

Dude, being paranoid af is a good strategy. I mean you cannot just assume yourself to be the only overpowered being in the world. What about other players, glitches in system, warps of reality, freakin' gods themselves that might want to stomp on you just to prove a point. Must be careful to survive.

AH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

Once again, I have corrupted the soul of yet another young, innocent Overlord fanfic author!!!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12713858/1/Pleasure-and-Painkill

Every utterly depraved deviant should enjoy this one.

which I cannot agree with because they are SO OVERWHELMING that nothing is a threat to them. Each of the named characters in this manga so far could literally wipe out every other human/lizardman character we've been introduced to and the kingdom they came from without any issue. Cocytus could have solo'd the entire lizardman tribes. Nabe could probably destroy the kingdom we're reading the backstory to by herself. Shalltear looks to be capable of only being defeated by Ainz. So when we say that he's just protecting his people from those who would do them harm and they were necessary evil acts...that's kinda bullshit honestly. If every kingdom turned their eye on Nazarick, they would be wiped out before lunch. In the previous world where it was an MMO then yes I would say that he is very much defending his homespace from other overpowered characters and keeping his guild together. But the only thing we've seen come even remotely close to them is Shalltear being controlled and in the manga there has been no other indication of this threat (feel free to spoil me and let me know if the LN's ever show anything again that is even remotely dangerous to Nazarick).

Because Ainz is paranoid as fuck. Up to recent He's still believing that something/someone out there is more powerful that could threaten him and his guild, that is why Ainz keep their action pretty limited unless it was well planed.

So far up to Vol.12 there is no evidence that someone stronger or can be a threat fo Nazarick but there is an evidence that there is other Players from Yggdrasil and some of them still alive.

The reason we often have chapters and plotlines that focus on everything else in the world other than Ainz Ool Gown is generally because if it simply followed the overpowered monster group all the time it would both reveal weaknesses in the plot where they don't take action due to their overwhelming strength or just become incredibly boring like so many overpowered LN protagonists except in this case it's basically an entire group of evil LN protagonists. They never sweat when doing a single thing so to watch that happen over and over, with every member of Nazarick, would be boring as fuck. Plus, we get some great characters and world-building in these chapters (that will eventually get wiped out by them). That massive strength is sort of a double edged sword as to what makes this manga interesting because rarely do we get the monster/demi-humans point of view about committing their evil but we also get issues like this:

Whether you like him or not, he's just a dude trying to protect his community from a world ready and willing to pillage and exterminate it at the earliest opportunity. He's allowed and done some terrible things true, but that just shows his commitment to a just cause. Though the fact he's insistent on projecting the image of a wise and glorious leader certainly doesn't help matters.

And no I'm not excusing the terrible things Ainz has done in the new world. But it's not as if he's doing them just because he gets some sick satisfaction out of committing heinous acts. There's a purpose to his actions, randomly fortuitous they tend to be, and whether or not they're deplorable is subject to debate.

which I cannot agree with because they are SO OVERWHELMING that nothing is a threat to them. Each of the named characters in this manga so far could literally wipe out every other human/lizardman character we've been introduced to and the kingdom they came from without any issue. Cocytus could have solo'd the entire lizardman tribes. Nabe could probably destroy the kingdom we're reading the backstory to by herself. Shalltear looks to be capable of only being defeated by Ainz. So when we say that he's just protecting his people from those who would do them harm and they were necessary evil acts...that's kinda bullshit honestly. If every kingdom turned their eye on Nazarick, they would be wiped out before lunch. In the previous world where it was an MMO then yes I would say that he is very much defending his homespace from other overpowered characters and keeping his guild together. But the only thing we've seen come even remotely close to them is Shalltear being controlled and in the manga there has been no other indication of this threat (feel free to spoil me and let me know if the LN's ever show anything again that is even remotely dangerous to Nazarick).

These morality discussions are always sorta silly. Ainz is straight up evil, as are most of the people under him. While some of them act nicer or with some weird "honor" the lengths they go to to achieve what they want is not even remotely morally grey. While discussions about morality, how it is formed and where it comes from and is determined are legitimate and interesting discussions I do not feel it's one that has much relevance or purpose in this manga. The intent of the author is to depict them as evil, within standard conventions of morality (which we as people use and the author most certainly is weighing them against). There's no real need to claim it's not evil and I dunno why people would be that concerned about it unless you're skinning people for paper in your own life and needed circuitous justification so you don't feel guilty about it. Just skin that dude.

Wait, no. Don't skin that dude. Fuck.

Ainz know Demigure do inhuman experiment with human and any other species, like skinning them then heal them again, cut their limbs and heal them again to know whether it grows back or not, and Ainz did nothing about it

Vol 12

Spoiler

Now that they mention the brothel.... Dammit, I really want to spoil that part here. That scene was so cool!! One, punch, everything!

I always find it amusing how a discussion of Ainz's morality usually ends up glossing over all the good he has done in the new world. We cannot forget that he's no longer a human roleplaying an undead Overlord. He's quite literally an undead skeleton with the flavor text of extreme hatred for all things living and trying to further apply our sensibilities on him is a pointless endeavor.

Whether you like him or not, he's just a dude trying to protect his community from a world ready and willing to pillage and exterminate it at the earliest opportunity. He's allowed and done some terrible things true, but that just shows his commitment to a just cause. Though the fact he's insistent on projecting the image of a wise and glorious leader certainly doesn't help matters.

And no I'm not excusing the terrible things Ainz has done in the new world. But it's not as if he's doing them just because he gets some sick satisfaction out of committing heinous acts. There's a purpose to his actions, randomly fortuitous they tend to be, and whether or not they're deplorable is subject to debate.

To be fair, almost any problem can be solved if you have godlike power. At that point you shouldn't even have anything to call a "problem".

If all you have is a very big hammer then every problem looks like a nail.

i think capturing and skinning an entire nation of people is pretty evil, its not like they are doing it to find a cure for cancer, Demiurge just wants a "paper".

yeah, some people keep believing Ainz was a Neutral Evil at very least but no, he's literal Evil. Ainz know Demigure do inhuman experiment with human and any other species, like skinning them then heal them again, cut their limbs and heal them again to know whether it grows back or not, and Ainz did nothing about it, he was like "yeah, do what you must do for our sake" though some people also believe everything happen because Ainz gave vague order and constant misunderstand with his subordinate, but that was cheap reason in my opinion, if he was good, he should have did a good thing since the beginning.
remember, Ainz did nothing about village that about to get massacred if were not Sebastian beg Ainz to save them.

i think capturing and skinning an entire nation of people is pretty evil, its not like they are doing it to find a cure for cancer, Demiurge just wants a "paper".

well they are that powerfull to see humans as we see cows... soo

it's not evil, it's Machiavellian

Light LN spoilers.

Spoiler

To be fair, almost any problem can be solved if you have godlike power. At that point you shouldn't even have anything to call a "problem".

That princess is adorable. I hope Ainz lets her live.

Spoiler

Spoiler

LOL, yeah, Ainz is literally extreme evil as his description character, because he literally allow any kind of method as long as it's accomplish the objective.
Contain Major Spoiler avoid at any case

Spoiler

it's not evil, it's Machiavellian

Though I haven't read the novel, that golden princess is a bit fishy imo. 90% sure!

Spoiler

Keep them well guarded, Helck will eventually re-attach them and return to his own manga :D , he just needed the money...

>Implying anything Ainz says isn't but the absolute grandest of greatest justice. His word is law, truth and justice to these people.

LOL, yeah, Ainz is literally extreme evil as his description character, because he literally allow any kind of method as long as it's accomplish the objective.
Contain Major Spoiler avoid at any case

Spoiler

>Implying anything Ainz says isn't but the absolute grandest of greatest justice. His word is law, truth and justice to these people.

Light LN spoilers.

Spoiler

Morality is a funny thing, he might overall prefer not to engage in heinous acts such as torture and help out when he can but still see following Ainz orders as right and just because Ainz is the leader of Nazarick and thus owed loyalty even if he finds the orders to be evil. 

tbh imo srsly, the only funny thing is that reading the comment section of this manga is more interesting than reading the actual manga (god, i love how those spoilers unfold)

and, "owed loyalty even if he finds the orders to be evil"?? well, that's life... so just suck it up... you'll find that kind of case happened in everyday life... including me or other people living in this world...

Morality is a funny thing, he might overall prefer not to engage in heinous acts such as torture and help out when he can but still see following Ainz orders as right and just because Ainz is the leader of Nazarick and thus owed loyalty even if he finds the orders to be evil. 

I hate how slow monthly updates feel.

what happened to that righteous buttler btw? how come he was so eager to _help_ a village under attack but was entirely ok about a genocide attack onto lizard-tribe by themselves?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics