Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 1340votes)

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Alt Names: alt ผู้กล้าโล่ผงาดalt 盾の勇者の成り上がりalt Der Aufstieg des Schildheldenalt El Ascenso del Héroe del Escudoalt 방패 용사 성공담(방패 용자의 성공기)alt Kalkan Kahramanı'nın Yükselişialt Kebangkitan Pahlawan Bertamengalt Pag-aalsa ng Bayani ng Kalasagalt The Rising of the Shield Heroalt نهوض بطل الدرع
Author: Aneko Yusagi
Artist: Aiya Kyu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Iwatani Naofumi is summoned to another world to become one of the 4 heroes, namely the Shield Hero. Starting out with poor popularity and labeled as the weakest, Naofumi found himself betrayed on the 3rd day of his adventure. Losing faith and money, all that left is just his shield. Vowing to exact revenge to those who had betrayed him, Naofumi's path is...

manga adapted from the light novel series written by Yusagi Aneko and illustrated by Seira Minami
Go to Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic It Surprised Me That The WN Sucks So Hard - While the Manga is quite amazing New Window FakeHero
  • 92 Replies
Topic Wich ones better? New Window Ekuu
  • 6 Replies
Topic Ch 35 High quality Korean Raw New Window dooom13
  • 0 Replies
Topic Tate no Yuusha Chapter Discussion Thread New Window ChaoticCod
  • 17 Replies
Topic Ch.34 Low quality Korean RAW New Window KuroInfinity
  • 0 Replies
Topic Anime Adaptation Announced!! New Window shizuku kyun
  • 0 Replies

2911 Comments

It's ironic how those other guys mentioned how useless shieldsare after referencing some MMOs. Clearly they're just a bunch of mid-tier players fancying themselves as pros. A shield/tank character is pretty vital in most games, actually. It's just that since tanks usually play the role of keeping party members alive, certain games where characters gain exp individually (FFT, most turn-based strategy gamed), they're a real pain to grind. Anyone here ever play Etrian Odyssey? Dragon Nest? Terra? Good luck challenging the endgame dungeons without tankers.

Shield Hero ftw :)

Well, a hero that's using a Shield as a main equipment and not just as an accessory(e.g. in games like Final Fantasy where your skills aren't focused on shield skills) is certain to start weaker compared to the other guys who start with a bladed or normal blunt weapon.

Spoiler

And this called reading too much fiction.

FYI, shield bearers were considered to be the ELITE forces of most militaries. The popular image of shield bearers being the bottom of the totem pole is nothing more than Hollywood portraying walls of shield infantry slamming into each other for entertainment without the risk of having them use (fake) weapons against one another.

yeah it was reprinted by 'MF Books' (MediaFactory) and there's 6 vol. in Japan if I'm not wrong. The Illustrator is Minami Seira. Well, since it got popular, it got imprinted to make money, lol. Older guys? I don't think that much cuz LNs target mostly teenagers and young people.

Yeah, it's weird but MF Books is a newer imprint that's aimed at 30-40 year-olds. There was a press release at some point about it, although I can't believe that was long enough ago for six volumes to be out... could have sworn it's been less than a year.

Galactica Scanlations will be putting this out.

good luck :)

Galactica Scanlations will be putting this out.

Friend of a friend of mine is translating it, apparently. Reminded me that I should actually read all the raws I have for it at some point, only read the first so far but it was pretty good.
The web novel was reprinted as a print LN, wasn't it? I remember it being part of a new imprint aimed at older guys or something like that, didn't even know it was a web novel until recently.

yeah it was reprinted by 'MF Books' (MediaFactory) and there's 6 vol. in Japan if I'm not wrong.
The Illustrator is Minami Seira.

Well, since it got popular, it got imprinted to make money, lol. Older guys? I don't think that much cuz LNs target mostly teenagers and young people.

Shield Hero ftw :)

Well, a hero that's using a Shield as a main equipment and not just as an accessory(e.g. in games like Final Fantasy where your skills aren't focused on shield skills) is certain to start weaker compared to the other guys who start with a bladed or normal blunt weapon.

Spoiler

Oh, I planned to translate this when I'd get the raws but seems like somebody else will...which group is going to translate this?(or nobody?)

It's a webnovel based manga of the same name, the plot is interesting and the character as well, somewhat an anti-hero due to its special circumstancies of being a shield hero (and a shield hero is concidered as bad omen/bad hero in that world),

I had pleasure to read it.

Friend of a friend of mine is translating it, apparently. Reminded me that I should actually read all the raws I have for it at some point, only read the first so far but it was pretty good.

The web novel was reprinted as a print LN, wasn't it? I remember it being part of a new imprint aimed at older guys or something like that, didn't even know it was a web novel until recently.

did the novel ended?coz they fight "that" at the current/end vol

the main story ended but a spin-off with the hero of spear is currently on, the title is "the restart of the hero of spear" with almost an update of one chapter a day (but the chapters are very short) which the hero of spear, Motoyasu, is sent in the past in a parallel world and restart the adventure of the heroes.

did the novel ended?coz they fight "that" at the current/end vol

Oh, I planned to translate this when I'd get the raws but seems like somebody else will...which group is going to translate this?(or nobody?)

It's a webnovel based manga of the same name, the plot is interesting and the character as well, somewhat an anti-hero due to its special circumstancies of being a shield hero (and a shield hero is concidered as bad omen/bad hero in that world),

I had pleasure to read it.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics