Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 1340votes)

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Alt Names: alt ผู้กล้าโล่ผงาดalt 盾の勇者の成り上がりalt Der Aufstieg des Schildheldenalt El Ascenso del Héroe del Escudoalt 방패 용사 성공담(방패 용자의 성공기)alt Kalkan Kahramanı'nın Yükselişialt Kebangkitan Pahlawan Bertamengalt Pag-aalsa ng Bayani ng Kalasagalt The Rising of the Shield Heroalt نهوض بطل الدرع
Author: Aneko Yusagi
Artist: Aiya Kyu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Iwatani Naofumi is summoned to another world to become one of the 4 heroes, namely the Shield Hero. Starting out with poor popularity and labeled as the weakest, Naofumi found himself betrayed on the 3rd day of his adventure. Losing faith and money, all that left is just his shield. Vowing to exact revenge to those who had betrayed him, Naofumi's path is...

manga adapted from the light novel series written by Yusagi Aneko and illustrated by Seira Minami
Go to Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic It Surprised Me That The WN Sucks So Hard - While the Manga is quite amazing New Window FakeHero
  • 92 Replies
Topic Wich ones better? New Window Ekuu
  • 6 Replies
Topic Ch 35 High quality Korean Raw New Window dooom13
  • 0 Replies
Topic Tate no Yuusha Chapter Discussion Thread New Window ChaoticCod
  • 17 Replies
Topic Ch.34 Low quality Korean RAW New Window KuroInfinity
  • 0 Replies
Topic Anime Adaptation Announced!! New Window shizuku kyun
  • 0 Replies

2911 Comments

I can't think of a single mmo rpg where the tank isn't the most important person in a group.

Spoiler

Now if only he has the skills, like shield boomerang, shield crash... and so on.. He shouldn't have any problem(offense wise)...

Does anyone know if this manga is weekly, monthly, or woah-a-random-update?

Monthly, unless more redrawers helping out till catch up

I can't think of a single mmo rpg where the tank isn't the most important person in a group.

Oh wow, Ragnarok ONline

Paladins -> Defenders
Equip 2 fucking shields + Heaviest Armor

Shield Attacks and Shield Support Abilities. Do i have to list all of their skills and abilities? DO I?!

one problem with this manga adaption.... the pacing..... so much has been lost....

Welcome to any online game/mmo.  That is just how it goes.

Spoiler

Okay umm. VRMMO setting all of a sudden?

And from a book?

Spoiler

His shield is so small on the cover. Is he going to be okay? O_O

Mmh thats one sexy credits page.

Medieval fantasy settings? Followed!

Wow, first chapter and I already feel annoyed/frustrated(?)....

Must be a record in my list of mangas....

anyone can give me the webnovel raw link ? i wanted to torture myself using GT

He just needs the skill of dealing damage by walking into enemies

Mmmm I remember seeing a shield with a chain atached, that was a pretty heavy weapon though I don't remember in which anime/manga it was from.

Beet the vandal buster 

the manga version had the whole shield chain attack

I'm already waiting on him to get stronger and extract his revenge.....

Those guys really were of no help, why would you leave someone that hasn't played a video game out in the dark like that. they could have at least gave him the low-down and gave him some tips instead of just expecting him to know what to do, instead of sending him to the wolves. such selfish people. whats the point of even calling a shield hero, a hero if your just gonna treat him like dirt....

So what if the shield hero cant do much. if you'd help him gain some levels instead of judging pre-maturely,he would surly become useful in the long run...>_>

Welcome to any online game/mmo.  That is just how it goes.

Does anyone know if this manga is weekly, monthly, or woah-a-random-update?

Mmmm I remember seeing a shield with a chain atached, that was a pretty heavy weapon though I don't remember in which anime/manga it was from.

Thank god she turned evil I was at a loss as to why did she choose him xD

'Shields aren't a weapon'

oh really?

*Shield Throw*

He can't take it off :v so no Cap.America mode.

Still, it looks like he takes practically no damage from all attacks...

Although he can still try Hyper Charging Star :v

'Shields aren't a weapon'

oh really?

*Shield Throw*

Spoiler

*Plays Batman music*

It's ironic how those other guys mentioned how useless shieldsare after referencing some MMOs. Clearly they're just a bunch of mid-tier players fancying themselves as pros. A shield/tank character is pretty vital in most games, actually. It's just that since tanks usually play the role of keeping party members alive, certain games where characters gain exp individually (FFT, most turn-based strategy gamed), they're a real pain to grind. Anyone here ever play Etrian Odyssey? Dragon Nest? Terra? Good luck challenging the endgame dungeons without tankers.

They are probably just casuals players......., also in the midle ages only high ranking officials or elite troops used shields

I'm already waiting on him to get stronger and extract his revenge.....

Those guys really were of no help, why would you leave someone that hasn't played a video game out in the dark like that. they could have at least gave him the low-down and gave him some tips instead of just expecting him to know what to do, instead of sending him to the wolves. such selfish people. whats the point of even calling a shield hero, a hero if your just gonna treat him like dirt....

So what if the shield hero cant do much. if you'd help him gain some levels instead of judging pre-maturely,he would surly become useful in the long run...>_>

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics