Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.24 - 472votes)

Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou

Alt Names: alt 魔技科の剣士と召喚魔王alt 魔技科的剑士与召唤魔王alt Magika no Kenshi to Basileusalt Magika no Kenshi to Vasreus
Author: Mihara Mitsuki
Artist: Monrin
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: 15 years ago the world discovered magic as well as mythical beings (basically beings from various legends) in another dimension. Humankind learned to summon these dangerous mythical beings and use their power to great effect. 7 countries formed contracts with these "Diva" and gained their alligence as a result. Diva will chose their summoners on their 14th birthday and give them a stigma. Schools have been set up to train summoners and magical swordsman (basically bodyguards that give the summoners time to cast their spell) as a result.

15 years later after the finding of magic Hayashizaki Kazuki is chosen as a summoner and given a stigma to indicate that. This is surprising since males aren't chosen as summoners due to their low amount of mana compared to females. As the first male to be a summoner Kazuki is under a lot of scrutiny by almost everyone.

To complicate matters his sister (who's a magical swordsman) is against him going into summoner school to train there as a summoner. Because summoners and magical swordsman have a cat mouse thing going on where summoners look down on magical swordsman as inferior so his sister naturally is against him going there. She'll stop him even if it means going to war.

Kazuki however is determined to thrive in summoner school and have already determined to give it his all. Even if he's the lowest ranked student (ranked E) and his fellow students intend to demean him he'll prove himself as the strongest summoner.

Adaptation of the light novel written by Mihara Mitsuki and illustrated by CHuN.

The manga is published in Monthly Comic Alive, a seinen manga magazine by Media Factory.
Go to Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Light Novel New Window kuroihagane
  • 7 Replies
Topic Raw New Window odin007
  • 0 Replies
Topic Current Known 72 Lesser Key of Solomon New Window TheDefend
  • 6 Replies
Topic orphanage New Window oatesi
  • 3 Replies

1003 Comments

One doesn't just take Nyarlathotep down.

where is that from?

Grand Blue.

Spoiler

where is that from?

who the fuck drinks vodka by itself? always with other stuff just for the alcohol...

Spoiler

been so long i completely forgot what happened.

*sigh* here's to another re-reading spree.

who the fuck drinks vodka by itself? always with other stuff just for the alcohol...

But you got my point right?

But yeah, maybe vodka is a tad too strong for my analogy, gonna change it.

Okay, that was probably one of the cutest act of bullying i ever seen. :3

Almost on par with Funabori meme. :P

Just like Importuno said, the very "laws" you talk about here is not the definite laws of the in-manga universe, that "laws" was made by Japan, nothing prevented it from being broken, and it is so fitting that it was actually all the bad kind of gods that are well-known for their meddling and law-breaking feats that breaks this "laws". :)

Spoiler

Okay, that was probably one of the cutest act of bullying i ever seen. :3

Almost on par with Funabori meme. :P

Yes but the point of what I wrote is that the manga is actually breaking its own universe. It's actually defying the laws it has set forth and established, and completely ignoring when it happens. The explanations you gave are simply assumptions, they have no actual defined evidence in the manga.A deity from everything we have seen so far requires a summoning to be tied to someone. That requires a high amount of mana. How would his father simply become "possessed". The father has low mana, and did not even summon Nyarko? Yet he somehow still came to be inside the father. It's creating its own plotholes without explanation. And your response to your 4th point doesn't really excuse it, there's a reason why people have issues with shounen-action writing.

Just like Importuno said, the very "laws" you talk about here is not the definite laws of the in-manga universe, that "laws" was made by Japan, nothing prevented it from being broken, and it is so fitting that it was actually all the bad kind of gods that are well-known for their meddling and law-breaking feats that breaks this "laws". :)

Spoiler

The page sequence of chapter 34 seems to be wrong.

Next Chapter:

Spoiler

Hmm just wondering... Are there any other manga or LN that has delved into the Cthulhu/Lovecraftian mythos? Because I can't seem to recall any, as most of it has been western media.

It would interesting to see a Japanese take and interpretation of that mythos.

There is a Light Novel Series which is complete with 4 volumes called Ultimate Antihero. You can read the whole thing on Baka-Tsuki. The MC is contracted with and summons at least 4 different Lovecraft gods (with amazing volume ending effects) over the course of the series. It is really a good series (too short in my opinion) so long as you are fine with completely OP protagonists. 

Yes but the point of what I wrote is that the manga is actually breaking its own universe. It's actually defying the laws it has set forth and established, and completely ignoring when it happens. The explanations you gave are simply assumptions, they have no actual defined evidence in the manga.A deity from everything we have seen so far requires a summoning to be tied to someone. That requires a high amount of mana. How would his father simply become "possessed". The father has low mana, and did not even summon Nyarko? Yet he somehow still came to be inside the father. It's creating its own plotholes without explanation. And your response to your 4th point doesn't really excuse it, there's a reason why people have issues with shounen-action writing.

He "claims" he possessed the father. Maybe, and follow me here, just maybe there's another big evil that made the summoning? Maybe the story isn't over and there are more developments to come from a situation that has been around for less than 4 chapters?

The main character is the proof that the gods don't follow the rules as a necessity. The Loki episode, Lotte's contract. The "rules" we've seen were rules imposed by Japan and the Solomon demons themselves to be able to cooperate and work together. Think it like a contracted company for your army. Yes, you have a contract and a deal working for a military defense organization, but nothing stops someone from that company from going rogue, nothing stops different companies to try and take over said company, etc.

Either the pages are messed up, or the author tried his had at in media res and it fell flat.

Page order is messed up in the most recent chapter.

1. How did Kaguya's dad end up contracting Nyarko

It's more like Nyarko chose Kaguya's Dad because his circumstances is the most comfortable for Nyarko's plans. He's a principal of Japan's greatest Magic School for Lord's sake. I'm sure he's got influence and wealth. But principal magical capabilities is poor no? I believe Nyarko doesn't too worried about this because of Kaguya. Hence his big plan to possess Kaguya.

2. I thought males don't contract Devas and our MC is a special case

Only 'Recognized and Affirmed to be Friendly with Humans' Deities that USUALLY chose Women, in Japan's case, they are either the "Pillars of Solomon" or Japan's Historical Gods. Rogue and Evil Gods doesn't have any obligation to follow this rule. Heck, who actually made this rule? Is it even a Rule?

3. How would he contract a deva like him without being aware what he was contracting, at all, at any point

This question actually also answer question number 1 and 2. Kaguya's Dad doesn't even realized he contracted with an Outer God because his Magic Capabilities is so-so. Hence, He doesn't actually managed to contract Nyarko, Nyarko is the one who chose to dwell inside him. And because he doesn't even know he was contracted to a God, he wasn't regarded as special male that successfully contracted a God. Heck, if it was revealed that his Deva is that Nyarko, Magic Association or some kind of Magic Police will surely be hellbent on killing him.

4. Why did we not even hear about her father until just when a big wrench in the story needed to be done?

That's just one of how story-telling goes. You can find many similar situation in most other action fiction story, where villain only ever mentioned/introduced when they're truly relevant.

To be fair, as stated by Nyarko here,

TLaQOMY.png

there's a possibility that he's actually no stronger than Kazuki as of now (as in he's unable to let out adequate percentage of his true power that is enough to best Kazuki), the fact that he doesn't even show any offensive capabilities up to this time doesn't help.

In the latter case, the door is opened to the possibility that the other pantheons (Greco-Roman, Germanic, Pseudo-Occult-Jewish, Shinto, etc) are also made up, and simply figments of collective imagination given form by some underlying magical field, rather than groups of super-powerful entities which predate humanity and have made contact with us.

This is a pretty common trope when dealing with multiple gods between different pantheons.

Otherwise when some pantheons specifically state other pantheons are false gods, it's kind of impossible to reconcile the beliefs.

His name is Kazuki though...

BTW Mind Magic is a shit on your face in Magika so the reason he can't finish him off is that the Villain here is just an incomplete Deva.

Good Deva i'm derping back there. :P

Pretty much that was my point. He's still an incomplete Deva and who knows maybe that incomplete state was enough to convince him to not go face-to-face against Kazuki for the time being.

It's more like Nyarko chose Kaguya's Dad because his circumstances is the most comfortable for Nyarko's plans. He's a principal of Japan's greatest Magic School for Lord's sake. I'm sure he's got influence and wealth. But principal magical capabilities is poor no? I believe Nyarko doesn't too worried about this because of Kaguya. Hence his big plan to possess Kaguya.

Only 'Recognized and Affirmed to be Friendly with Humans' Deities that USUALLY chose Women, in Japan's case, they are either the "Pillars of Solomon" or Japan's Historical Gods. Rogue and Evil Gods doesn't have any obligation to follow this rule. Heck, who actually made this rule? Is it even a Rule?

3. How would he contract a deva like him without being aware what he was contracting, at all, at any point

This question actually also answer question number 1 and 2. Kaguya's Dad doesn't even realized he contracted with an Outer God because his Magic Capabilities is so-so. Hence, He doesn't actually managed to contract Nyarko, Nyarko is the one who chose to dwell inside him. And because he doesn't even know he was contracted to a God, he wasn't regarded as special male that successfully contracted a God. Heck, if it was revealed that his Deva is that Nyarko, Magic Association or some kind of Magic Police will surely be hellbent on killing him.

4. Why did we not even hear about her father until just when a big wrench in the story needed to be done?

That's just one of how story-telling goes. You can find many similar situation in most other action fiction story, where villain only ever mentioned/introduced when they're truly relevant.

TLaQOMY.png

there's a possibility that he's actually no stronger than Kazuya as of now (as in he's unable to let out adequate percentage of his true power that is enough to best Kazuya), the fact that he doesn't even show any offensive capabilities up to this time doesn't help.

His name is Kazuki though...

BTW Mind Magic is a shit on your face in Magika so the reason he can't finish him off is that the Villain here is just an incomplete Deva.

Oh no,

- Villain exposes their plan and goal
- Launches supposedly over-powered brainless grunts against the MC
- Says they have "other things to attend to"
- Says that the MC can't escape and is sure to die horribly... good bye..

It's every video game scenario ever.

If you are a villain and you're stronger than him now, just KILL HIM NOW YOURSELF. Don't wait he levels up, ffs.

very classic cliche thing in video game or old cliched cartoon or anime ...

Yea I think I will see myself out now.

Ok this manga has gone so many different directions lol. How did Kaguya's dad end up contracting Nyarko (I'll call him that because it's easier to spell and I liked Haiyore Nyarko). I thought males don't contract Devas and our MC is a special case. How would he contract a deva like him without being aware what he was contracting, at all, at any point. Why did we not even hear about her father until just when a big wrench in the story needed to be done?

If you are a villain and you're stronger than him now, just KILL HIM NOW YOURSELF. Don't wait he levels up, ffs.

TLaQOMY.png

there's a possibility that he's actually no stronger than Kazuki as of now (as in he's unable to let out adequate percentage of his true power that is enough to best Kazuki), the fact that he doesn't even show any offensive capabilities up to this time doesn't help.

Ok this manga has gone so many different directions lol. How did Kaguya's dad end up contracting Nyarko (I'll call him that because it's easier to spell and I liked Haiyore Nyarko). I thought males don't contract Devas and our MC is a special case. How would he contract a deva like him without being aware what he was contracting, at all, at any point. Why did we not even hear about her father until just when a big wrench in the story needed to be done?

You are asking too many sane questions about insane things...

Oh no,

That's how most villains are. Overthinking themselves and underestimating the potential of humins.

Oh no,

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics