Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 484votes)

Spirit Circle

Alt Names: alt スピリットサークルalt 魂环alt 魂環alt Ruh Çemberi
Author: Mizukami Satoshi
Artist: Mizukami Satoshi
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Fuuta Okeya is a normal 14-year-old boy, except for the fact that he has the ability to see ghosts. A cute girl transfers into his class one day, but acts particularly aggressive towards him. This girl called Kouko Ishigami is followed around by a ghost called East. Fuuta tries to get along with her but ends up failing after she sees the birthmark he usually keeps covered. She then declares him as her enemy, his birthmark as a cursed brand and claims they have a long history, while talking about reincarnation. Who is this girl and how are they connected?
Go to Spirit Circle Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Concluding thoughts... How was it? New Window Omerlife
  • 5 Replies
Topic Thus, I reviewed Spirit Circle New Window Swifft
  • 0 Replies
Topic To conclude... How was it? New Window Omerlife
  • 0 Replies
Topic Honest Thoughts New Window CPainter307
  • 0 Replies
Topic Wow, just , marvellous New Window WaterlyWinds
  • 5 Replies

530 Comments

She keeps blaming him but I can't help but feel it's her fault since she technically lopped off his head first. Everything after that was the priests fault to begin with for bullshitting the people.

It seems we got the source now, that was not the first event and he did something awful after inventing the spirit circle as Fortuna, and Fortuna is the start of the whole thing.

All hail the mighty cat!

I'm noticing a lot of comments about how this is more than likely her fault. Considering that Fortuna seems to have been the worst offender, based on what she has said about him, and how he acted when Fuuta tried to view his story.

Especially since the mark on Kouko's forehead has yet to be explained, because that's a pretty nasty gash.

Ah, well. Just have to wait for more chapters.

Why does this have to be a monthly series? :<

She keeps blaming him but I can't help but feel it's her fault since she technically lopped off his head first. Everything after that was the priests fault to begin with for bullshitting the people.

I think there's no further need to mention how awesome this manga is, so I'll get on with my question...

How exactly does ch.11 fit into the timeline?

They're Roman or Greek, but Fuuta has the mark he got from the middle ages and "remembers" that life even though it's later.in the timeline.

It might be that he does not "remember" that scene, but  the reader is is supposed to get this "everything is connected-feeling"...

However, he still has the mark from the middle ages in his Roman/Greek life.

Would someone please explain to me how he can have this mark?

Or does he get marked twice (or more) and somehow manages to get rid of the mark before the middle ages?

true friends even after death, this is a must read and and instant follow

I'd have to agree with Booster. It's probably all her fault. In fact, getting her to admit that is probably the only way to fix everything.

I get the feeling that its the girls fault and shes just tryin to blame him for whatever happened or shes remembering what happened wrong or she misunderstood what happened, cause really its always the womans fault, they just hide the fact that its their fault until we do something wrong.

LOL, this comment make my laugh hard xDDDDD

WHY IS EACH CHARACTER SEVERAL DIFFERENT CHARACTERS?  DAMMIT I'M CONFUSED

Reading through again. Fonne seemed to have "seen" Kouko before as he died. Like others said linking the spirit cycle.

What I'm wondering is perhaps Fuuta/Kouko aren't even at the furthest point of the circle.

Also Fuuta doesn't carry a grudge towards Kouko on Chapter 1, despite every ancestor previous displaying extreme hate towards the other. (Although Kouko does in Chpt. 1, perhaps Fuuta changed something in one of his lives)

And. Fuuta doesn't have the brand as hard marked on his face like every other ancestor aside from Fortuna seems to have. It makes me wonder if Fortuna is actually AFTER Fuuta. As we can see the brand fading on Fuuta's face and Fortuna lacking the brand completely.

Perhaps Fortuna is the one who resets the circle, and this is their second or third cycle through everything.

I must have missed that on my second read through. Although now that you mention it I can see your point and it does seem like the Fuuta/Kouko feud extends further back than what we've seen.

However, if I remember correctly Kouko never said Fonne was the "origin" of the conflict between them. In fact we can't assume that all the arcs we've seen have been in chronological order. So it might be possible that Fortuna is after Fuuta. Especially when considering that Rune and East seemed to have traveled through time. I'm sure we'll know more when Fuuta experiences Fortuna's life.

I get the feeling that its the girls fault and shes just tryin to blame him for whatever happened or shes remembering what happened wrong or she misunderstood what happened, cause really its always the womans fault, they just hide the fact that its their fault until we do something wrong.

all this revenge stuff and trying to kill each other while justifying the act is making me crazy. in a good way... :D

i wonder what the protagonist did that made true death and reincarnation reject him.. why do lingering memories and emotions stay?  

Reading through again. Fonne seemed to have "seen" Kouko before as he died. Like others said linking the spirit cycle.

What I'm wondering is perhaps Fuuta/Kouko aren't even at the furthest point of the circle.

Also Fuuta doesn't carry a grudge towards Kouko on Chapter 1, despite every ancestor previous displaying extreme hate towards the other. (Although Kouko does in Chpt. 1, perhaps Fuuta changed something in one of his lives)

And. Fuuta doesn't have the brand as hard marked on his face like every other ancestor aside from Fortuna seems to have. It makes me wonder if Fortuna is actually AFTER Fuuta. As we can see the brand fading on Fuuta's face and Fortuna lacking the brand completely.

Perhaps Fortuna is the one who resets the circle, and this is their second or third cycle through everything.

The cycle of hatred seems to have started from Fone and Vann. I thought it's logical to think that Fone is the first one because he didn't have the brand. (or could it be Fortuna?) But is there really a start? It's called Spirit CIRCLE after all.

It is great that each incarnation of them have different  relations and do different things.

Oh suuuuree...when everything goes wrong blame the guy but if it's honky dory...wating-raccoon-emoticon.gif?1302774080

Spoiler

I read each chapter too fast.. I get too excited. Dammit Mizukami.

I can't wait to see Fortuna's life but it's obviously is going to be the last one. And yeah, he seems like a dick but also pretty cool at the same time.

...wow. I do not say this lightly, but this story has the most...character out of probably any manga I've ever read. I'm utterly enthralled, and I can't wait to read more.

Also, observations about the story:

1. Fortuna seems like a dick, from what little we've seen of him.

2. I know that in these past lives, no ones really "right" or "wrong", per se, but damn if I can't help but sympathize with Fone. To hell with Stona and that bullcrap, I'd rather have anarchy than civil-order-by-sacrifice.

shouldnt it be third life not fourth?

i believe it refers to his fourth life incarnation (flors) not the number of life he had seen so far (fone, vann, excluding fortuna).

maybe rei will reappear as a love rival in his modern life?
"The gang's all here"

No, you're missing Mr. Azuma/Cielo.

@luk: You should start with Hoshi no Samidare, probably the author's best work so far. Sengoku Youko is also pretty good.

This is gonna give me a rollercoaster of emotions!!!
Spoiler
oh sweet the guy has other works.... time to read those
need more chapters!! maybe i'll reread historie and pretend that's his next reincarnation

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics