Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 301votes)

Akatsuki no Yona

Alt Names: alt 새벽의 연화alt يونا فتاة الفجرalt یونا دختر سپیده دمalt Yona - Prinzessin der Morgendämmerungalt Yona công chúa bình minhalt Yona en el amaneceralt Yona of the Dawnalt 暁のヨナalt 拂晓的尤娜alt 晨曦公主alt Йона на заре
Author: Kusanagi Mizuho
Artist: Kusanagi Mizuho
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: As the red-headed princess of Kouka, Yona lived the ideal, though sheltered, life within the walls of Hiryuu (Red Dragon) Castle. Doted on by her pacifist and cowardly father, King Il, and protected by her childhood friend/bodyguard, Son Hak of the Wind Tribe, (who has loved her since they were kids, but keeps his feelings in check). She cherishes the time she spends with the "love-of-her-life" (and older cousin), Soo-won. Though, on the night of her 16th birthday, everything changes when she witnessed someone close to her, murder her father. Now on the run, with Hak by her side, she seeks out a legend turned real. Join The Dark Dragon and the Happy, Hungry Bunch (Hak, Yona, Yoon, Kija, Shin-ah, Ao, Jae-ha, and Zeno) on their action-packed, comedic and love-complicated adventure, as they change Kouka from the outside!
Go to Akatsuki no Yona Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [Spoilers] Why Su-woon fails? New Window defry
  • 17 Replies
Topic The anime!!!!! New Window JordanPaHa
  • 5 Replies
Topic Su-Won New Window Envi
  • 1 Replies

786 Comments

It might be a bit late, but I just realized that Yona and Soo-won are cousins. Suddenly the fact of how incredibly oblivious Soo-won was to Yona's crush seems a lot more plausible. This manga just went to a weird place for me...(But hey, legal in Japan, right?)

It's not only something that is legal in japan (and actually big parts of the world) it was also completely common many historic in royal / noble families to marry inside the extended family to preserve the bloodline.

It might be a bit late, but I just realized that Yona and Soo-won are cousins. Suddenly the fact of how incredibly oblivious Soo-won was to Yona's crush seems a lot more plausible. This manga just went to a weird place for me...(But hey, legal in Japan, right?)

Zeno's one of my favorites. To be able to still smile & appreciate life after everything he's seen and experienced takes guts. This might sound strange out of context, but I hope he finally gets to die by the end of this series (or at least doesn't have to live alone for years every time the other dragons pass; I wonder if the cycle of reincarnation for the dragons will be broken?). 

Smol Hak appears! It's the wind tribe's time to shine!

@kendama: I'm going to start by apologizing.  The last time I had this discussion I remember the other guy putting forward the point that Soo-Won is Totally Evil and also Incompetent and that Yona was wrong for no longer wanting Revenge, and I unfairly projected that argument on to you.  With your new post, I think you're correct in that we're on (mostly) the same page and kinda just arguing about Details.

Spoiler

Also thanks for not going point by point.  Because that post I wrote was a terribly rambling mess that doesn't adequately put forward the more literary-theory point I was originally trying to make and if you went point by point this thing would be like 9309520390+ pages long. :P

The Game of Thrones universe is not actually very realistic. Yes, there's a fair amount of treachery in the real world, but alliances are generally much more lasting than in GoT, partly because everyone knows as soon as they get a reputation for going back on their allies, nobody will want to ally with them.  It's rare for a single scheme to carry such great advantage as to be worth all the future disadvantages.  Side-switching in medieval times tended to be done with a lot of disclaimers and self-righteous bluster and seizing on excuses, and relatively little suddenly killing brother monarchs/nobles at the feast.  Massacres were what you did to peasants; fellow nobles you took prisoner, wined and dined, and ransomed back to their relatives.  Can't have the game getting too dangerous for people who matter!

I would also add that mediaeval wars were comparatively less bloody. They were mostly aristocratic affairs. If I remember right, William the Conqueror took about a thousand soldiers to the Battle of Hastings.

Men of combat age would be forced to kill and die for their feudal lords, but for most of the other people, life simply went on. Shakespeare deliciously mocks mediaeval war draft in King Henry IV part II. The wars of religion after the Reformation changed that, and the consolidation of the nation-state in the Westphalian system resulted in the large conscripted armies and large-scale wars where civilians would suffer even more than the combatants.

For a mediaeval peasant, so long as they enjoyed peace, they could care less which "country" they belonged to.

This universe looks a lot like that, with the added benefit that they all speak the same language and have more or less the same culture. All these countries are artificial constructs. No need to go to war for nothing. Soo-Won has gotten it all wrong. His going to war to preserve Kouka's integrity is very similar to "We had to destroy the village to save it."

Damn i really cant get myself to like yona.She's way too naive and idealistic if this was game of thrones universe ,she would be dead after like 3 episodes.The dragons are way more likable imo. It frustrates me even more to know that she will definitely succeed in this kind of manga.Tho i would be pleasantly surprised if one of the dragons or hak gets killed because of her idealistic mindset which will give her the kind of character development she needs.

The Game of Thrones universe is not actually very realistic. Yes, there's a fair amount of treachery in the real world, but alliances are generally much more lasting than in GoT, partly because everyone knows as soon as they get a reputation for going back on their allies, nobody will want to ally with them.  It's rare for a single scheme to carry such great advantage as to be worth all the future disadvantages.  Side-switching in medieval times tended to be done with a lot of disclaimers and self-righteous bluster and seizing on excuses, and relatively little suddenly killing brother monarchs/nobles at the feast.  Massacres were what you did to peasants; fellow nobles you took prisoner, wined and dined, and ransomed back to their relatives.  Can't have the game getting too dangerous for people who matter!

Oh my lord my anxiety peaked so much this chapter.
Spoiler
As always thanks for the release!

God, I wish this was a weekly release.

I hope we get a stronger villain/opponent soon. The mangaka has made it clear, through his own words and the way other characters, specifically the dragons, reaction to him that Suwon is not one, so I need a real challenge to generally spice things up and also reignite my interest in Suwon as a character. Of course, I'm still curious about the prophecy, his goals, and how everything fits together, but it's not like we get regular clues about that so it's not enough to keep me occupied or satisfied. Yeah, there was the moment in the Sei arc, but everything still felt like it wrapped up too easily and I was a bit disappointed. All of his panels are plotting, gathering the generals and army, some firm speech, then the opposition thinks they can handle it but quickly gives in after a brief demonstration from Kouka. I'd love some higher stakes. With Yona and Co we're also confident that they'll succeed, but at least there are injuries and illnesses and a number of things that aren't to their advantage for a little excitement. Plus I genuinely enjoy seeing that group together and watching them interact with new characters on their journey. I'm also impatiently waiting for Yona to have another big moment. I guess I could count some of the stuff in the 80s but really I'm waiting for another one like Awa and that was over 100 chapters ago.
Ahhh, this chapter was so SATISFYING after the emotinal carnage from the last one....

@JCVocke:

I was going to go point by point, but it's not necessary.

Spoiler

Rest assured, I'm not Manichaean in my views and I don't care for revenge. My hopes for Soo-Won's death are grounded on a perception of his being an impediment for peace. And on a longing for dramatic irony. Killing him will be Yona's coming of age, in my view.

@kendama: Time for another round of "Everyone's insistence on fitting characters into a Binary Good/Evil matrix is a disservice to the Manga, misses its central theme, and completely Ruin's all of Yona's Character Development as she studies all of the available philosophies and ideas and puts together her own ethical framework taking bits from each and becoming a stronger whole."

Spoiler

TL-DR: Soo-Won and King Il and Princess Kouran and literally every other character in the Manga is Flawed with Strengths and Weakness which Yona is absorbing to become a Stronger Whole and everyone who is calling so relentlessly for Yona to murder the shit out of Soo-Won as an act of Revenge has Completely Failed to Understand the Central Theme of the Story which is currently being Explicitly Stated Outright in the Current Arc.

Thanks for the update!! It was an awesome cap!!! Ahora a esperar leerlo en español jaja

His power is basically Illusion. He makes them think they lost a body part with all the pain that accompanies it.

Spoiler

It's pretty cool

Spoiler

His power is basically Illusion. He makes them think they lost a body part with all the pain that accompanies it.

It's pretty cool
Spoiler

https://vatoto.com/reader#eacd9df1c300ff22_21

きゃああああ

ヨナがかっこいい

Srsly though, I need more of her kicking things, like when she Chuck Norris'd that addict going after Lili.  Actually, I need to see her action sequences animated.

The GoT part is pretty irrelevant to all the rest I have written. But it's true, I shouldn't have barged into that part without knowledge. I have removed it from my original post and you can see nothing changes in the main argument. If someone is curious by my silly mistake, they can still check it out in your quotation of it.

Now, if you can enlighten me, show me how I am wrong, and so is Yona, and how Soo-Won is right.

There's been an implication from near the beginning that there is a things that everyone needs to unite against, actually; the prophecy says darkness has/will fall upon the land, and the ending line of the Red Dragon restoring the dawn.  The first page of the manga has Yona posing with a sword talking about how the mountains are cold and she never knew cold in the palace or something similar (She had long hair so we're probably 1/2-2/3 there), and the Kai Empire has been having to focus it's army in fighting off the people from the northern mountains, so my guess is something around there is Bad.  But that's just my speculation.

You wrote up an essay without even knowing what you're talking about. You honestly couldn't be more wrong about GoT even if you tried. And I would say Khaleesi's story is plenty comparable to this one.

The GoT part is pretty irrelevant to all the rest I have written. But it's true, I shouldn't have barged into that part without knowledge. I have removed it from my original post and you can see nothing changes in the main argument. If someone is curious by my silly mistake, they can still check it out in your quotation of it.

Now, if you can enlighten me, show me how I am wrong, and so is Yona, and how Soo-Won is right.

Actually, even from a pragmatic point of view, Yona's ideals are the best for the preservation of peace.

Spoiler

I really hope Soo-Won ends up six feet under, by an arrow from Yona or Hak's glaive.

You wrote up an essay without even knowing what you're talking about. You honestly couldn't be more wrong about GoT even if you tried. And I would say Khaleesi's story is plenty comparable to this one.

If this was GOT universe I wouldn't be here. Just because there's a lot of muck in the world doesn't follow clean things shouldn't be sought after. Without our ideals we're just a bunch of animals following our base instincts. Have you read this from the beginning, or just jumped into the end? Because Hak HAS been hurt by her idealism, and she HAS thought about the consequences of her actions. She's sticking by her ideals and I for one, applaud her for that. Go read about your favored angst-ridden, jaded protagonists somewhere else and leave us in peace please.

Actually, even from a pragmatic point of view, Yona's ideals are the best for the preservation of peace.

Spoiler

I really hope Soo-Won ends up six feet under, by an arrow from Yona or Hak's glaive.

Damn i really cant get myself to like yona.She's way too naive and idealistic if this was game of thrones universe ,she would be dead after like 3 episodes.The dragons are way more likable imo. It frustrates me even more to know that she will definitely succeed in this kind of manga.Tho i would be pleasantly surprised if one of the dragons or hak gets killed because of her idealistic mindset which will give her the kind of character development she needs.

If this was GOT universe I wouldn't be here. Just because there's a lot of muck in the world doesn't follow clean things shouldn't be sought after. Without our ideals we're just a bunch of animals following our base instincts. Have you read this from the beginning, or just jumped into the end? Because Hak HAS been hurt by her idealism, and she HAS thought about the consequences of her actions. She's sticking by her ideals and I for one, applaud her for that. Go read about your favored angst-ridden, jaded protagonists somewhere else and leave us in peace please.

Reckon it'll be more so next chapter.

I don't doubt it.

Update about Impatient Scans: "Change of plans, everyone. We are no longer partnered up with Mangastream. We love them, and we hope they love us, but things just didn't work out, lol.

WHAT THIS MEANS:
- We will only post DDLs.
- We are working on finding a provider for the Japanese raws.
- We are recruiting again.
- No 2nd version of Yona 142 will be released. (Perhaps Titania or some other Yona group will release a better version in the future, but that Yona DDL is the only version you're going to get of our 142 [sorry for typos and stuff].)
- You are free to post it on Batoto, but we will not be handling that.

Recruitment:
- Typesetter for Skip Beat, helper for Namaikizakari, and Bambi to Dhole.
- Cleaner with lots of free time to LEARN and also to HELP during the SB and Yona days.
- (UPDATE: We have a few options now. Thanks all!) Raw provider. We're poking around to see if anyone can help, if they already buy the magazine and stuff.

If interested just send us a message. Fluency in English is required."

Update about Impatient Scans: "Change of plans, everyone. We are no longer partnered up with Mangastream. We love them, and we hope they love us, but things just didn't work out, lol.

WHAT THIS MEANS:
- We will only post DDLs.
- We are working on finding a provider for the Japanese raws.
- We are recruiting again.
- No 2nd version of Yona 142 will be released. (Perhaps Titania or some other Yona group will release a better version in the future, but that Yona DDL is the only version you're going to get of our 142 [sorry for typos and stuff].)
- You are free to post it on Batoto, but we will not be handling that.

Recruitment:
- Typesetter for Skip Beat, helper for Namaikizakari, and Bambi to Dhole.
- Cleaner with lots of free time to LEARN and also to HELP during the SB and Yona days.
- (UPDATE: We have a few options now. Thanks all!) Raw provider. We're poking around to see if anyone can help, if they already buy the magazine and stuff.

If interested just send us a message. Fluency in English is required."

I guess you guys were to impatient

*da dum tiss

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics