Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 301votes)

Akatsuki no Yona

Alt Names: alt 새벽의 연화alt يونا فتاة الفجرalt یونا دختر سپیده دمalt Yona - Prinzessin der Morgendämmerungalt Yona công chúa bình minhalt Yona en el amaneceralt Yona of the Dawnalt 暁のヨナalt 拂晓的尤娜alt 晨曦公主alt Йона на заре
Author: Kusanagi Mizuho
Artist: Kusanagi Mizuho
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: As the red-headed princess of Kouka, Yona lived the ideal, though sheltered, life within the walls of Hiryuu (Red Dragon) Castle. Doted on by her pacifist and cowardly father, King Il, and protected by her childhood friend/bodyguard, Son Hak of the Wind Tribe, (who has loved her since they were kids, but keeps his feelings in check). She cherishes the time she spends with the "love-of-her-life" (and older cousin), Soo-won. Though, on the night of her 16th birthday, everything changes when she witnessed someone close to her, murder her father. Now on the run, with Hak by her side, she seeks out a legend turned real. Join The Dark Dragon and the Happy, Hungry Bunch (Hak, Yona, Yoon, Kija, Shin-ah, Ao, Jae-ha, and Zeno) on their action-packed, comedic and love-complicated adventure, as they change Kouka from the outside!
Go to Akatsuki no Yona Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [Spoilers] Why Su-woon fails? New Window defry
  • 17 Replies
Topic The anime!!!!! New Window JordanPaHa
  • 5 Replies
Topic Su-Won New Window Envi
  • 1 Replies

786 Comments

Watched the first two episodes on Crunchy Roll and wanted to check out the manga, but they don't seem to have the first several chapters in English here. Are there any good sites you guys can suggest where I could read them?

On proxer(dot)me you can find all the chapters :D

Watched the first two episodes on Crunchy Roll and wanted to check out the manga, but they don't seem to have the first several chapters in English here. Are there any good sites you guys can suggest where I could read them?

When will the next chapter be out? Just curious. 

They have the chapter, I think they should be working on it right now. It's a bit delayed because of reasons but we should be getting it soon. :D You can follow PlumJucie on twitter for updates.

When will the next chapter be out? Just curious. 

I just started reading this manga. First impressions: This is very similar to Fushigi Yūgi (ふしぎ遊戯). That's not a bad thing. Anyone else getting that deja vu feeling?

It is compared to that a lot, and as someone who used to read fushigi yugi as a tween I think it builds on the classic girl taken to a fantasy world without making this a tired romance with a tag along harem. C: (and obviously sans her changing worlds, although going from luxury all the way down could be comparable). As a 20 something year old now I am nostalgic of those but happier to see these settings evolve.

The focus on politics, friendship, ethics and the faults of past but well intentioned actions I think makes it a really enjoyable series.

Hope you've enjoyed it!

I just started reading this manga. First impressions: This is very similar to Fushigi Yūgi (ふしぎ遊戯). That's not a bad thing. Anyone else getting that deja vu feeling?

Agreed but I feel that this one is way better as Yona actually grow.

Ah, seriously? The f is wrong with that priest. That bastard.

Spoiler

NO WTF

You don't dispose a character after such development!

I'm getting pretty tired of this arc. And I miss the dragons :(

Summary of the chapter: Obvious setup for a death flag is obvious.

That High Priestess lady is a hypocritical coward.

That thing was a woman?!

That High Priestess lady is a hypocritical coward.

"Zeno officially confirmed to be a goddamned creeper"
I lol'd.

Lol yes!! Rayn actually puts a lot of these funny notes in the TL file, but I mostly don't typeset them during the regular chapters. I figure we're supposed to just have fun with these extra chapters, so I left this one in haha XD
'To a world without bugs!'... Gotta love Kija lol

I can't stop laughing when Zeno said all that stuffs. Yoon and JaeHa's faces are so priceless

Oh man. Yona whaling on everything is super cute <3 Too pure for my heart.

I may have cried laughing at that extra.

Does the heart good.

134.6 was HILARIOUS.

"Zeno officially confirmed to be a goddamned creeper"

I lol'd.

I checked Impatient Scans' profile here at Batoto and there were no stipulated delays or restrictions on who can upload, so I went on and added 134.6, but I can remove it if the staff from that group asks me to.

Great developments in this chapter. Thanks for scanlating!

floof floof hair

Honestly I'm so hyped after that but I don't know if I should be feeling happy for the chapter developments or anxious.

Spoiler

Thanks for the release.<3

Man, Hak was pissed.

Honestly, if they had touched Yona, Hak would have definitely not been able to hold back on killing them.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics