Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 142votes)

Cavalier of the Abyss

Alt Names: alt Cavalier in the Abyssalt Cavalier of Abyssalt 심연의 카발리어alt 深渊骑士alt Рыцарь Бездны
Author: Ga On-Bi
Artist: Juder
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsMystery MysteryRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Sequel to Immortal Regis. Reading the entirety of the prequel is highly recommended, otherwise, this story from chapter 4 on will spoil it and/or be confusing.

Chaos has gotten itself a new Regis, Nex, a seemingly heartless ruler who destory everything and everyone who stand in his way. A small boy named Xix, who's contracted with an Evil is out seeking his revenge on Regis Nex for killing his village and Sister. When he gets his chance to kill Regis Nex, he loses completely and gets taken to the Royal palace. But once there, he see that there is something else going on in the background of the Royal Family, a Secret they don't want to be uncovered...
~Scantily Clad

Prequel:

> Immortal Regis
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/immortal-regis-r288)
Go to Cavalier of the Abyss Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Who is your favorite character and why? New Window Razz
  • 13 Replies
Topic Totally confused New Window morlyn
  • 4 Replies
Topic Latest chapter thread New Window Coca
  • 22 Replies
Topic Problem with groups? New Window Hollowcantaro
  • 1 Replies
Topic Cavalier Of The Abyss New Window shoushikochou
  • 2 Replies
Topic When will new chapters be released? I heard other volumes already came out. New Window Happiness
  • 5 Replies

235 Comments

The fact is, the authors are horrible writers, just compare the first few chapter with the recent ones; Nex goes from hedonistic jerkass to well-meaning extremist with zero explanation. Even the factual evidence doesn't line up; he says he doesn't remember the Banaan clan, but he was there when it happened and even fought Kaladbolg! Randomly slaughtering a clan is vastly different from mercy-killing when the enemy leader unleashed a bio-magical disease that turns people into monsters. In fact he even surveys the area to see how bad the corruption is before killing them, the exact opposite of Chapter 1.

Nex had always been a nice guy, just a little extreme after what happened to him (betrayals and all, partially covered in Immortal Regis). He doesn't remember the Banaan clan, because not everyone will remember every single instance of Kaladbolg appearing and infecting part of his empire resulting in the need to purge the area clean. Also, he did not intend to purge them, he was forced to do so when he saw Kaladbolg's taint in that village.

He has to be ruthless after what he's been through and what Kaladbolg's capable of doing.

Regarding Serin's betrayal, the specifics of what happened between Immortal Regis (Kaladbolg's possession of Jae-Hyun) until now (Jae-Hyuk's imprisonment of Serin) is still not revealed, but some points about the current situation:

Spoiler

what the fuck is going on?, what happened with the first mc, can anyone answer me?

Well, there's a lot of things going on.

Spoiler

what the fuck is going on?, what happened with the first mc, can anyone answer me?

...Kinda hoping Ninurrita dies... He's really freaking annoying. I like Xix just fine actually, I find he's a lot better developed at this point, and bizarrely enough, a nicer guy. Tvtropes style: Jerk with a Heart of Gold. I'd rather the story be about Nex and Xix rather than Nex, Xix, and Ninnurrita.

Really? Cuz I feel the exact opposite.

I find Xix unbearable (up to the last few chapters), while Ninurrita is kinda tolerable. His entire reason for revenge kinda fell flat when Sianna was revealed to be alive, though his development got a lot better. And, of course, his strategy is terrible; charge head on at the strongest guy in Chaos, what could go wrong? And then there's his fighting style, even Ninurrita's ice spam is cooler (get it?).

Ninurrita's development made a lot of sense to me. He really wanted to be loved, but Nex ignores him and Iffrita only sees him as the proof of her marriage with Nex (and she's not even sure who his father is!). Sianna and Kaladbolg treated him a lot better overall, at least compared to his parents.

What really gets me about Ninurrita is his power level. Maybe Ghost-Fire Sianna was too much, but a retreat should be possible. Heck, even without Noah's Legacy he should be able to get away when they were flying. He can teleport, create ice out of thin air, and block Depore, but jumping down from a Wyvern is too much? Of course, after he comes back, he takes on all of Serpent and is supposedly equal to Nex...

The fact is, the authors are horrible writers, just compare the first few chapter with the recent ones; Nex goes from hedonistic jerkass to well-meaning extremist with zero explanation. Even the factual evidence doesn't line up; he says he doesn't remember the Banaan clan, but he was there when it happened and even fought Kaladbolg! Randomly slaughtering a clan is vastly different from mercy-killing when the enemy leader unleashed a bio-magical disease that turns people into monsters. In fact he even surveys the area to see how bad the corruption is before killing them, the exact opposite of Chapter 1.

The art is still good though.

Oh look, it went wrong, so unexpected.

Why did it have to be that girl? :(

sadly its one of hte reasons is so hard to get into this for me cause of all the personaity twists they have done with the characters I liked.

Yeah same here. I'm just waiting for a flashback arc tying up some loose ends.

...Kinda hoping Ninurrita dies... He's really freaking annoying. I like Xix just fine actually, I find he's a lot better developed at this point, and bizarrely enough, a nicer guy. Tvtropes style: Jerk with a Heart of Gold. I'd rather the story be about Nex and Xix rather than Nex, Xix, and Ninnurrita.

Oh well, I can saw things will quickly turn to shit when Oski give that suggestion...

Best of luck then Xix.

>We'll use Caladbolg's power to save her!

Yes, I foresee absolutely nothing harmful arising from this! It's not like Caladbolg is waiting to be unsealed and take over the world again, right?

Woooooooooo!!! Thanks for the updates VI~ x3

my god, nex is a shit king. you think a kid from mordern day korea would be a bit smarter than this. "people in town is infected you say"....kill everyone. did you just question me? die as well. did my son just betray me. i'm gonna kill his mother then.

sadly its one of hte reasons is so hard to get into this for me cause of all the personaity twists they have done with the characters I liked.

i find i don't care as much about what is happening as what happened to make it this way.  Never thought i wouls say this but PLEASE author more exposition.

ouch lol i already got story lol Nin real son of Nex and Saina daughter of Nex and Serin end history lol Xix is fake 

Ch 86 page 19
Fun fact: This is eighter a smile or a sad face.

Still waiting for those gap chapters between 49-65 to be posted Q ^Q

Googling it would be faster since I don't think they can be posted here...

Still waiting for those gap chapters between 49-65 to be posted Q ^Q

Wasn't she being controlled by caladbolg, it's probably that she tried protecting her child, from him or she was being chased. 

She defected to his enemies in the civil war, it's still unknown how he captured her and how dependent he is on her blood. She also hid their child from him.

Spoiler

Wasn't she being controlled by caladbolg, it's probably that she tried protecting her child, from him or she was being chased. 

I really hope, from the bottom of my heart that Serins betrayal was't cheating on himn with another man, cause that would be too sad to even think about, and he doesn't deserve that.

Spoiler

I really hope, from the bottom of my heart that Serins betrayal was't cheating on himn with another man, cause that would be too sad to even think about, and he doesn't deserve that.

Please dont drop this, thankyou (((((((((((((9

Can someone explain or tell me what chapter shows all the things about Serin's betrayal? im actually reading the chap 62 but im totally loose since i dont really know what did Serin do to "betray" Nex...

That's exactly what everyone is wondering about !!

It's been translated up to chapter 92 by another group and we still don't know...

Damn cliffhanger. Thanks Vilage Idiots and A-Team

hope Village idiot and A-team can continue to translate this awesome manhwa ^^

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics