Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 1340votes)

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Alt Names: alt ผู้กล้าโล่ผงาดalt 盾の勇者の成り上がりalt Der Aufstieg des Schildheldenalt El Ascenso del Héroe del Escudoalt 방패 용사 성공담(방패 용자의 성공기)alt Kalkan Kahramanı'nın Yükselişialt Kebangkitan Pahlawan Bertamengalt Pag-aalsa ng Bayani ng Kalasagalt The Rising of the Shield Heroalt نهوض بطل الدرع
Author: Aneko Yusagi
Artist: Aiya Kyu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Iwatani Naofumi is summoned to another world to become one of the 4 heroes, namely the Shield Hero. Starting out with poor popularity and labeled as the weakest, Naofumi found himself betrayed on the 3rd day of his adventure. Losing faith and money, all that left is just his shield. Vowing to exact revenge to those who had betrayed him, Naofumi's path is...

manga adapted from the light novel series written by Yusagi Aneko and illustrated by Seira Minami
Go to Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic It Surprised Me That The WN Sucks So Hard - While the Manga is quite amazing New Window FakeHero
  • 92 Replies
Topic Wich ones better? New Window Ekuu
  • 6 Replies
Topic Ch 35 High quality Korean Raw New Window dooom13
  • 0 Replies
Topic Tate no Yuusha Chapter Discussion Thread New Window ChaoticCod
  • 17 Replies
Topic Ch.34 Low quality Korean RAW New Window KuroInfinity
  • 0 Replies
Topic Anime Adaptation Announced!! New Window shizuku kyun
  • 0 Replies

2911 Comments

TY for update, i am interested in this manga because people said that the light novel is good :)

I'm not even surprised that the MC isn't the least bit excited with having a cute furry slave with all the crap he's been put through. I honestly hope that he takes the route to becoming an anti-protagonist to the world. I seriously hate the heroes, the people, the king and oh yeah, that two-faced BITCH.

She deserves a good slap with a ding dong. 

I hope this doesn't end prematurely like most manga that was based on light novel...

Here's to hoping the Shield Hero, builds a Harem full of powerful girls who in turn trick the other Hero's into somewhere secluded then they stab the enemy Hero's to death. Then makes the King lick his feet.

tank player here.(all mmo i play and most games I own with tank characters)

bravely default Tiz(knight, full defence boost from other jobs + dual shield + super charge)

glad to see another shield mc manga.

(another is absolute duo)

though the real relationship isn't as bad as this in mmo but a low level full tank without a attack weapon needs someone to support it until they reach their damage skills/reflect damage skills because they are necessary when enemies get too hard to handle.

I want to see those people suffer until they crawl down the ground begging to be saved because all they want are those who can damage enemies without much care for their shield hero. A shield became one of the legendary weapons for a purpose so tricking and treating him like that is just plain mean. please let the massacre begin :)

wow i think my dark side leaked out a bit.(gonna go for some comedy for now)

If I was him I'd go full evil, and make them all regret what they did with a little torture here and there, make them lose their minds in fear. Y'know all the fun stuff.

Shield hero+demonic minions+demi-human minion= potential for major ass kicking.

Yeah, I hope those other posers get their collective asses handed to them, particularly that lying minx.

I think a lot of people are mistaking this as "Tank = Stupid to everyone in the manga"

No class in any MMO starts out as pure tanks. They have other weapons to accompany their shields at the start, whereas our hero has a shield, and that's it. He doesn't have a weapon so to speak.

If we are going with game talk, he is permanently equipped with a shield as his main weapon. Not the best of choices, you have to admit. The scorn is justified, somewhat. And yes.... those people are not thinking about long terms at all.... OP tank is OP. Best feeling is when you see 1.1.1.2.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1 when your HP regen is at 60/sec

Doesn't make our Hero any less wonderful though. I can't wait for the usurping to begin.

I hope all the other hero's die a tragic death where they all get raped

This is too interesting to ignore... I'd love to see how he ends up. I hope he replaces the Demon Lord in the end :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

They handled being teleported to another world nice and quick o.o ~

What the Hell? What fu***** game did they played? Single Player MMO? Tanks/Shield Characters almost doesn't exist freaking noobs Freaking Idiots! in freaking high level Dungeon/Raids you need freaking Tanks to survive! they are the second or sometimes the first needed in a party! How the Hell can you defeat a Boss Monster when the Freaking Boss Monster is Freaking getting Aggre in your freaking Nuker/Mage or Support/Priest How the hell can they defend? Hell! they don't know how hard it is to clear a dungeon or kill a Boss Monster when your Tank is Down!

underappreciated tanks-the manga?

AWWW YIIISSSS!!! been looking for a way to read this for a while now (google translate is just bad..i cant even.. 0_0)... and finally the manga adaptation is here!! :D 

you are here finally no more google translate

When those people start dying off when they fight those monsters, they'll wish the guy with the highest defense is gonna be there to shield them. They'll be wiped out before the people that followed the shield hero.

Kinda wish that he'll just help the demons instead.

They have yet to realise the power of shield bash.

i haven't read it yet but it was an instant follow!

Spoiler

that shield hero gotta see captain american LOL

Now if only he has the skills, like shield boomerang, shield crash... and so on.. He shouldn't have any problem(offense wise)...

He already have no issue offense-wise if he'd only use his head a bit.  The offensive ability of an immovable mountain is fucking scary, if he learn how to deflect blows and use the edges of the shield right, it's gg.  Bashing with a round shield can easily fracture bones (probably more damage with a kite shield), and if he aikido/taichi with it, byebye monsters.

FUDGE YEAH!!! SHIELD!!!

Spoiler

E.g. League of Legends - Braum :D

Yeah. I hope he finds some really nice mass spawning points near cliffs and learns some push-CC to exploit the shit out of 'em and get ten levels ahead.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics