Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 301votes)

Shishunki Bitter Change

Alt Names: alt 사춘기 비터 체인지alt Puberty Bitter Changealt 思春期ビターチェンジ
Author: Masayoshi
Artist: Masayoshi
Genres: Drama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yuuta and Yui had their body swapped when Yuuta fell down from a tree.
How will they co-operate dealing with this as they grow up?

Serialized Manga:
http://comic-polaris.jp/shishunki/

Original webcomic:
http://banbi.omiki.com/
Go to Shishunki Bitter Change Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Are any of you like me: Who wants to be the other gender for a day and then change back the next day New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 4 Replies
Topic Ideal ending to the series New Window pacificsaury
  • 2 Replies
Topic Scanlate the original webcomic? New Window Julianacat
  • 7 Replies
Topic This plot is going to crumble when the series gets axed. New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 1 Replies
Topic Is the translated chapter pass the original? New Window Dhoozy77
  • 1 Replies
Topic Original source New Window robpurple
  • 4 Replies

734 Comments

Today is a blessed day, 2 great chapters hours apart.

2 chapters? I just see one here.

Today is a blessed day, 2 great chapters hours apart.

can someone help me, i'm kinda confused...

the last 2 chapters, are they different from the rest of the chapters?...
i heard that the last two are from a webcomic while the rest are from a manga...

No they aren't different, these are just the online chapters from the publisher while the volume bundles them in print. I thought it would be better to scanlate the online chapters because they are released more regularly. If people are upset about switching over then I don't mind stopping. It's just that you would have to wait every 5-6 months for the volume. There's an original webcomic released by the author that is finished but that is different from the one that polaris serializes. I hope that cleared things up~

There's a link to the raws. Wow, the translation is only two chapters behind!

can someone help me, i'm kinda confused...

the last 2 chapters, are they different from the rest of the chapters?...
i heard that the last two are from a webcomic while the rest are from a manga...

Goddamn i just realized that bitter is in the title, which is what i feel after these recent chapters
Yuuta... ;_; That "he would never like me 'smile'"

Okay, so it looks like Shiranai will be taking over translating Bitter Change. Best of luck to you guys!

It was a fun series to work on, even it was just for a volume. Glad I could get the ball rolling on this.

Hopefully releases continue at this pace because I can't wait to read more!

I really appreciate all you've done and how you used the volume raws <3

Okay, so it looks like Shiranai will be taking over translating Bitter Change. Best of luck to you guys!

It was a fun series to work on, even it was just for a volume. Glad I could get the ball rolling on this.

Hopefully releases continue at this pace because I can't wait to read more!

AAAHHHHH, I CAN'T TAKE IT.

I wasn't aware that the webcomic is different from the volume version. If it's true that they're different then I might hold off, and since all the released chapters here have been from the volumes it would be better to stay consistent. However I would like to note that the webcomic is also released from polaris, and the latest chapters from polaris and pixiv seem to match the volume releases. Meteo (polaris' sister magazine) has it too but is off by 1 chapter (Flushed Red is chapter 42) I can't really check unless I have access to the whole webcomic, and they only make the latest chapters and beginning chapters available. Anyhow since volume 7 should be out really soon maybe I'll just wait and let SiberOwl continue it, sorry for the confusion!

I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything. You're still doing this (presumably) just for the fun of it and I'm still benefiting from it for free. I'm very, very appreciative that people like you or mwsmws22 are going out of their way to do this for others at all. I'd hate to sound like I'm not.

The webcomic is just also something that I, personally, would go back and read after the manga version was finished. But that's me. I don't think it'd hurt for you to continue it, if you wanted to, but as others have suggested, maybe marking them differently to avoid confusion is the way to go.

Again, good work, man. I genuinely appreciate it. I love this manga, so the more of it, the merrier.

EDIT: Nevermind half of this, because I only now read the comment below mine.

I think there's some confusion, because the webcomic is the Polaris version. Online chapters are released officially on Polaris. They're also released on pixiv's manga section and meteo. Whether the online version and the volume version is different I'm not totally sure though. Polaris/Pixiv releases seem to match from the chapters that I could read but I can't really check unless I can see all the chapters.

In that case it should be fine because I was translating the polaris online releases

Okay, I checked. You are correct. This is not the webcomic. These are the e-rips of the Polaris version. So no need to mark it separately.

Next,

Anyhow since volume 7 should be out really soon maybe I'll just wait and let SiberOwl continue it, sorry for the confusion!

I think you should continue it then.. sorry for suddenly taking on the translation myself like that! 

I'll let mwsmws22 decide if we should keep scanlating the volume one or the online one. The online version has monthly releases but the volume version is a little bit higher quality.

If you want to keep scanlating the online version, that is totally fine with me; feel free. My group has picked up two new series at the moment, which is more than enough for me. So no hard feelings if you want to take Bitter Change off my hands.

If you do not wish to continue with the series, then I will release the tank version whenever that comes out. I have no exact ETA. Sometime in spring, as I previously mentioned. Also, on this note, if anyone is interested in cleaning raws that'd be a huge help! Email at [email protected]

So that's how it stands. Up to you. 

And also thank you for all your hard work (and to world three as well) up until now, this is one of my favorite manga. ^^

Thanks to you as well. I'm glad to see more interest in the series. Nice job!

To those who are curious about what Yuuta and Yui are saying in page 20 (the cover for volume 6):

Yuuta (as Yui):

"Do I seriously like her!?"

Yui (as Yuuta):

"I like that person"

Shared bubble: "like"

It will be hard to make the translation seem natural and still fit the bubbles.

Hmmm. So this is the webcomic, not e-rips of the Polaris version. In that case, I may continue with Polaris version when volume 7 comes out. I don't know. I do agree, though, that these should be seperate entries or marked somehow.

I think there's some confusion, because the webcomic is the Polaris version. Online chapters are released officially on Polaris. They're also released on pixiv's manga section and meteo. Whether the online version and the volume version is different I'm not totally sure though. Polaris/Pixiv releases seem to match from the chapters that I could read but I can't really check unless I can see all the chapters.

Edit: So I did find the original webmanga version here (spoiler warning! http://banbi.omiki.com/) and like Nami said, this one is completed. In that case it should be fine because I was translating the polaris online releases, but I'll let mwsmws22 decide if we should keep scanlating the volume one or the online one. The online version has monthly releases but the volume version is a little bit higher quality.

If you're suddenly switching to the webmanga instead of the polaris version, I wouldn't do it, or at least mark them. The original webmanga and the polaris version don't line up exactly and the story has been changed somewhat.

I'm torn.

On the one hand, this update is more Shishunki. On the other, it's the webcomic, isn't a perfect match for where the story was going, and I already know how that version ends.

I might just wait for the regular manga update, as hard as that's going to be.

I wasn't aware that the webcomic is different from the volume version. If it's true that they're different then I might hold off, and since all the released chapters here have been from the volumes it would be better to stay consistent. However I would like to note that the webcomic is also released from polaris, and the latest chapters from polaris and pixiv seem to match the volume releases. Meteo (polaris' sister magazine) has it too but is off by 1 chapter (Flushed Red is chapter 42) I can't really check unless I have access to the whole webcomic, and they only make the latest chapters and beginning chapters available. Anyhow since volume 7 should be out really soon maybe I'll just wait and let SiberOwl continue it, sorry for the confusion!

Oh, sweet! More Bitter Change! I was planning on holding off till volume 7 comes out, but this works too. Keep up the good work, pintail. I pass the torch to you!

I think you should continue it then.. sorry for suddenly taking on the translation myself like that! ^^; And also thank you for all your hard work (and to world three as well) up until now, this is one of my favorite manga. ^^

Hmmm. So this is the webcomic, not e-rips of the Polaris version. In that case, I may continue with Polaris version when volume 7 comes out. I don't know. I do agree, though, that these should be seperate entries or marked somehow.

I'm torn.

On the one hand, this update is more Shishunki. On the other, it's the webcomic, isn't a perfect match for where the story was going, and I already know how that version ends.

I might just wait for the regular manga update, as hard as that's going to be.

I'm fine with any ship, they're all adorable after all!

If you're suddenly switching to the webmanga instead of the polaris version, I wouldn't do it, or at least mark them. The original webmanga and the polaris version don't line up exactly and the story has been changed somewhat.

Yes!!! Another chapter, thanks! I think its nice to look back at how they first met, looking forward to the next chapter already.
Oh, sweet! More Bitter Change! I was planning on holding off till volume 7 comes out, but this works too. Keep up the good work, pintail. I pass the torch to you!

translated chapter 44 of the webcomic! maybe I'll do more if no one else does ^^

You're doing lords work

translated chapter 44 of the webcomic! maybe I'll do more if no one else does ^^

Thank you so much. Please go ahead and do the others if you can.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics