Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 206votes)

The Duke of Death and His Black Maid

Alt Names: alt Sang Bendoro Maut dan Si Dayang Kelam-nyaalt Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Meidoalt Young Master the Grim Reaper and the Black Maidalt 死神坊ちゃんと黒メイドalt النبيل الشاب حاصد الأرواح و خادمته السوداء
Author: Inoue Koharu
Artist: Inoue Koharu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a large mansion lives a boy, an aristocrat who was cursed by the witch to "let everything he touches die". With him is his maid Alice, who besides serving him likes to tease him. The boy who is interested in her doesn't mind the teasing, but not being able to touch her is painful!

If they are unable to hold hands, will their love ever bloom?
Go to The Duke of Death and His Black Maid Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic NO DOUJIN? New Window Dantziel
  • 5 Replies
Topic SPOILER TALK - How he got the curse and if it can/will be lifted New Window CB777
  • 1 Replies

277 Comments

I'm having trouble understanding the curse. The maid was able to 'touch' him with a cookie being the "between" item. But when it's fabric gloves being the "between" item, shit still dies. So is the curse only in his hands?

The fabric was probably porous, allowing for actual contact.

Heh, so far so sweet. This is so sweet I'm scared something bad will happen.

Good things never last.

I'm having trouble understanding the curse. The maid was able to 'touch' him with a cookie being the "between" item. But when it's fabric gloves being the "between" item, shit still dies. So is the curse only in his hands?

The usual answer for a cure for a curse like this is True Love's Kiss. Of course there is the issue that if they try that and it doesn't work...

This story reminds me of Pushing Daisies. So many good shows with fresh ideas, and yet they never catch on...

Have you missed the fact that on every chapter it's shown that he's being extremely traumatized of touching living beings? Despite being lonely, he voluntarily stay put to prevent accidental killing. Imagine if he went into adventure in pursuit of his curse removal then he accidentally touched his comrade, "I meant to prevent them from falling down... Not to kill them..."

Yea, not to mention that he is somewhat being isolated from the world and he's bot a real Duke yet. Remember his best friend's news in the previous chapter? It means that he has no real power yet nor the necessary fund (perhaps) to search for the cure. To go on an adventure it means that'll be a life and death situation where he perhaps being forced to touch other person to save the (i.e helping his friends from falling of a cliff), so it somewhat needed to be avoided, at least for now. Not unless there is a clue of cure somewhere. But to search it blindly I agree that it's a no-no for "the Duke".

I like this, but I wonder where it's supposed to go.  He's living an isolated life in a very simple situation, he can't get much further with the maid without curing his condition, but if he cures his condition the story is over.  If the mangaka isn't careful it could get samey pretty fast.

Seeing a black maid reminds me of the Black Butler.  Whatever happened to "That Butler"?

Well, that's pretty aristicratic thing to do. If a replaseable individual is not suitable, he gonna be replaced. And it is much easier for them to do this, then searching some curse-lifting. Strangely enough, guy himself only sitting in his mansion, like he's waiting, that some Uncurse would accidentially pass by and he'll invite said Uncurse to the 5 o'clock tea.

Have you missed the fact that on every chapter it's shown that he's being extremely traumatized of touching living beings? Despite being lonely, he voluntarily stay put to prevent accidental killing. Imagine if he went into adventure in pursuit of his curse removal then he accidentally touched his comrade, "I meant to prevent them from falling down... Not to kill them..."

you must read Taishou Wotome Otogibanashi then.

I do actually, shame series like these are rare.

Was a bit scared thinking it was going to just be mindless ecchi after the first Chapter but was pleasantly surprised!!

Can we all agree that this story is a take on if Midorya got a shitty quirk instead of One for All?

18947471_135346680354246_302843982619502

I thought his quirk was hydro pump tears?

my-hero-academia-s2e17-izuku-cries-gif.g

I think she's just a S & M. She likes bullying him and for that, she's ready to put her life at risk.

Or she's actually the witch (or is related to her).

Her mother perhaps?

Or the witch forced the maid to serve him so close as possible or the she is a thrill seeker, working for the death count is like climbing the everest, and the everest is a volcano, and is upside down, for danger hunters is the perfect job.

Sure, maybe she just loves him and is a bully.

I think she's just a S & M. She likes bullying him and for that, she's ready to put her life at risk.

Or she's actually the witch (or is related to her).

A STORY ABOUT A YOUNG ARISTOCRAT WITH HIS MAID AND IT IS NOT AN ISEKAISHIT? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAAAAAAH. FOLLOWED WITH THE SPEED OF SOUND.

you must read Taishou Wotome Otogibanashi then.

-Witches rarely curse lightly.

-Maybe she wasn't invited to the baby shower.

I had a stroke while reading this.

Man it's tooooooooo short, as always, good ones are always short or take long be released.

Thanks for the update Kirei Cake.

Was a bit scared thinking it was going to just be mindless ecchi after the first Chapter but was pleasantly surprised!!

Can we all agree that this story is a take on if Midorya got a shitty quirk instead of One for All?

18947471_135346680354246_302843982619502

This is a good mix of comedy and drama. Too bad we don't have an explanation on the "why" of the curse. Witches rarely curse lightly. Maybe she wasn't invited to the baby shower.

So called friend : I'm afraid of you and I pity you. So I'm going to try to steal the only person who supports you. Yeah... such good friend.

And what are his parents thinking? Instead of thinking about making the youngest son the heir, they should try to find a way to lift the curse.

He was happy and everybody love him. Witch just wanted to see some miserly.  

And what are his parents thinking? Instead of thinking about making the youngest son the heir, they should try to find a way to lift the curse.

Well, that's pretty aristicratic thing to do. If a replaseable individual is not suitable, he gonna be replaced. And it is much easier for them to do this, then searching some curse-lifting. Strangely enough, guy himself only sitting in his mansion, like he's waiting, that some Uncurse would accidentially pass by and he'll invite said Uncurse to the 5 o'clock tea.

This is a good mix of comedy and drama. Too bad we don't have an explanation on the "why" of the curse. Witches rarely curse lightly. Maybe she wasn't invited to the baby shower.

So called friend : I'm afraid of you and I pity you. So I'm going to try to steal the only person who supports you. Yeah... such good friend.

A STORY ABOUT A YOUNG ARISTOCRAT WITH HIS MAID AND IT IS NOT AN ISEKAISHIT? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAAAAAAH. FOLLOWED WITH THE SPEED OF SOUND.

Seems interesting.

both MC are nice to follow.

I am liking this series.  Its great that both of them are honest with their feelings. 

That chapter gave me diabetes and cancer at the same time.

I called myself an ambulance, cuz I think I may have not much time left.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics