Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 206votes)

The Duke of Death and His Black Maid

Alt Names: alt Sang Bendoro Maut dan Si Dayang Kelam-nyaalt Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Meidoalt Young Master the Grim Reaper and the Black Maidalt 死神坊ちゃんと黒メイドalt النبيل الشاب حاصد الأرواح و خادمته السوداء
Author: Inoue Koharu
Artist: Inoue Koharu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a large mansion lives a boy, an aristocrat who was cursed by the witch to "let everything he touches die". With him is his maid Alice, who besides serving him likes to tease him. The boy who is interested in her doesn't mind the teasing, but not being able to touch her is painful!

If they are unable to hold hands, will their love ever bloom?
Go to The Duke of Death and His Black Maid Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic NO DOUJIN? New Window Dantziel
  • 5 Replies
Topic SPOILER TALK - How he got the curse and if it can/will be lifted New Window CB777
  • 1 Replies

277 Comments

Their hips, pelvises and thighs would touch.

A lot of condoms then.

A thought occurs. If he's wearing a condom he might actually be able to do so since he's not technically touching her.

Their hips, pelvises and thighs would touch.
"Never dry tears without gloves" intensifies. Seriously though, anyone who is interested in a real-life tale about people with a supposed death touch (which was later proven wrong) should read about the HIV epidemic and the title I mentioned above.
Actually it'll better if Alice is evil or she is only toying MC.
Because it's tragedy when love each other but can't touch each other.

I unexpectedly liked it. :D
Would be lurking for updates.

A thought occurs. Since there's always dust on our bodies, he can always touch her because he's technically touching the dust which is touching her. He's never technically touching her.

But I mean, this is a manga. The plot isn't supposed to be realistic.

Realistic, he says, while coming up with the most stretched ass-pull evar.  Sorry if I sound testy, but this hits some of my pet peeves.

So, first, what we mean by "touching" is what happens normally when at the macroscopic level things seem to touch each other.  You can talk about dust, or thin films of bacteria, or that nothing ever actually touches anything because at the atomic level there's no contact it's just static charges interacting and stuff, but it's just desperate reaching; if something touched by the normal rules of what we think of as touching, then it touched because that's what touching means.  Weird pseudo-technicalities are not "realism", they're just bad semantics.

Second, the plot isn't supposed to be realistic, but not because it's a manga.  It's because it's a story about a guy who kills things by touching them because of a curse.  The plot of some manga is supposed to be realistic, though.

Third, in a fantastical story with magic stuff, there's a different yardstick.  If it's internally consistent and things work the way you'd figure they would if the premises were real, that's realism of a sort.  Jury's still out on whether this has that kind of realism.  It could be good either way.

Finally, he kills things through his gloves, so this whole "Is he really touching?" business is so totally beside the point.

This MC is a true duke.

Spoiler

A thought occurs. If he's wearing a condom he might actually be able to do so since he's not technically touching her.

A thought occurs. Since there's always dust on our bodies, he can always touch her because he's technically touching the dust which is touching her. He's never technically touching her.

But I mean, this is a manga. The plot isn't supposed to be realistic.

Beautiful chapter, I wish they can fuck each other intensely. 

On one hand i'm happy that now he knows that it's mutual, but on the other hand i felt like it was too fast and i can't help to think that something really BAD is going to happen in the next chap

They love each other, but can't touch each other.
So Close but yet so far....

Hoo boy, when he gets cured there are gonna be some interesting nights ahead for Alice. I wonder what years of teasing will cause on the first night. XD

Guess the next step is an indirect kiss...

Well that happend in the last chapter 

Spoiler

UCWhpXx.jpg

This guy has some seriously good body coordination and control if he managed to dance for the FIRST TIME in a DARK ROOM with his BARE HANDS mere centimeters from killing his partner - who is COORDINATING a dance with him also for the FIRST TIME.

Guess the next step is an indirect kiss...

Thanks for another chapter, Kirei Cake. 

Surprisingly wholesome for such a depressing premise

Thought it would take at least another 20 or so chapters of teasing before this happened, but... No complaints here. Can't wait to see what happens next.

I really like how the author has seemingly decided that they've already got this massive, terrifying barrier to their relationship in the instant death curse, so there's no need to further drag things out by making them act all shy and taciturn about their feelings for each other. If anything, it makes things even more complicated and interesting than if they were hiding it, because like this, they love each other, they know they love each other, and they desperately want to touch each other, but they absolutely can't, thus increasing the tension. It's a good gimmick. Lots of potential for drama, if the author wants to go that route.

Well, I think the answer boils down to two options. A. Magic, thus doesn't behave logically because it defies physics. Or B. the curse doesn't effect her but for some reason she's acting like it does.

I'm betting option B. 

C. It might affect only his hands, since it seems the servants help him change clothes.

I'm having trouble understanding the curse. The maid was able to 'touch' him with a cookie being the "between" item. But when it's fabric gloves being the "between" item, shit still dies. So is the curse only in his hands?

Well, I think the answer boils down to two options. A. Magic, thus doesn't behave logically because it defies physics. Or B. the curse doesn't effect her but for some reason she's acting like it does.

I'm betting option B. 

He need to try full bodied condom

The usual answer for a cure for a curse like this is True Love's Kiss. Of course there is the issue that if they try that and it doesn't work...

In this case it's more like "True love's BJ" Because a "kiss" is WAY too tame for Alice's personality.

The fabric was probably porous, allowing for actual contact.

Makes sense: he's always wearing his gloves, even when he kills flowers accidentally.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics