Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 206votes)

The Duke of Death and His Black Maid

Alt Names: alt Sang Bendoro Maut dan Si Dayang Kelam-nyaalt Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Meidoalt Young Master the Grim Reaper and the Black Maidalt 死神坊ちゃんと黒メイドalt النبيل الشاب حاصد الأرواح و خادمته السوداء
Author: Inoue Koharu
Artist: Inoue Koharu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a large mansion lives a boy, an aristocrat who was cursed by the witch to "let everything he touches die". With him is his maid Alice, who besides serving him likes to tease him. The boy who is interested in her doesn't mind the teasing, but not being able to touch her is painful!

If they are unable to hold hands, will their love ever bloom?
Go to The Duke of Death and His Black Maid Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic NO DOUJIN? New Window Dantziel
  • 5 Replies
Topic SPOILER TALK - How he got the curse and if it can/will be lifted New Window CB777
  • 1 Replies

277 Comments

Knowing the mind of a yandere the chance that the witch is the maid is high, giving him the death touch it would assure no one would try to take him from her.

Just gonna throw this out there, but

anyone notice how both the witch and Alice are wearing black nail polish? This might be a small thing, and it's not like I've gotten a clear view of other womens' hands, but... hey.

You know you just bringing this up just sort of shattered my view on the maid. Now I seriously have to question if she is that witch or related in some way to said considering how she acts and we don't know her motives. Then again now that I think about it, it felt fairly obvious that she is behind it in some way.

Dang, I was gonna go for her hair (since it's already "dead") but ah. can't even revenge tease with her hair since it's attached to her via the roots lol. It's okay small boi. You just gotta lvl that Eloquence stat.

Mmm I'm still thinking about the No One Will Love You part of the curse. I thought it was word for word but dammit Alice, those faces keep getting my hopes up a lil.

anyone notice how both the witch and Alice are wearing black nail polish? This might be a small thing, and it's not like I've gotten a clear view of other womens' hands, but... hey.

People feel despair because they already knew happiness. So, could it be the maid's purpose is...

I just hope it dont go that way.

Spoiler

For those of you of you who didn't get the joke (like I did at first,)

Spoiler

Being spoon fed by a hot maid in bed while wearing a top hat. We might be approaching the zenith.

personally i really like this manga , and i have to thank the translators for their often updates.

I want to believe in a love this pure.

Wait... So if he touches his... does it kill his boner?!

.....What a dreadful curse, indeed!

He should get into necrophilia. Problem solved.

Isn't this more like "Maid plays russian roulette with the duke of death"?

This guy is going to die of blue balls before the manga ends, I'm sure of it.

Spoiler
Is clearly her revenge for this

Spoiler

An easily baffled and confused boy being teased by his love interest on a daily basis. Now where have I seen this before

The more I think about it the more I realize that the author was probably being extremely deliberate about having him wear gloves the first time we see him touch something--for exactly that reason.

It's made things clear on where we stand from the get go. This is a curse. It does not abide technicalities. There will be no hugging-through-bedsheets or gloved-hand-holding of the sort that usually comes with this territory--the protagonist is doomed to never be touched by a living thing, period.

Spoiler

i think that those he touch would die but those who touch him won't.

The more I think about it the more I realize that the author was probably being extremely deliberate about having him wear gloves the first time we see him touch something--for exactly that reason.

It's made things clear on where we stand from the get go. This is a curse. It does not abide technicalities. There will be no hugging-through-bedsheets or gloved-hand-holding of the sort that usually comes with this territory--the protagonist is doomed to never be touched by a living thing, period.

...Except I think that message got screwed up when she helped him get dressed in ch.2. And then all us nerds pounced on the admittedly intriguing inconsistency.

Or, maybe I'm just totally wrong and the author wasn't thinking about it at all.

The entire argument is so silly that I'm surprised PLG's getting triggered over it...

Realistic, he says, while coming up with the most stretched ass-pull evar.  

Probably should read my comment again. I said it wasn't supposed to be realistic, not the other way around.

"Weird pseudo-technicalities are not "realism", they're just bad semantics."

"Weird pseudo-technicalities" are the facts. And as Ben Shapiro says, "Facts do not care about your feelings."

"Second, the plot isn't supposed to be realistic, but not because it's a manga.  It's because it's a story about a guy who kills things by touching them because of a curse.  The plot of some manga is supposed to be realistic, though."

I never implied that it was because of a manga. Probably should take your sorry ass back to Mexico. After reading the comment again because I'm sure you didn't read it.

"Third, in a fantastical story with magic stuff, there's a different yardstick.  If it's internally consistent and things work the way you'd figure they would if the premises were real, that's realism of a sort.  Jury's still out on whether this has that kind of realism.  It could be good either way."

Yet you refuse to define such yardstick and continue ranting without actually reading my comment.

"Finally, he kills things through his gloves, so this whole "Is he really touching?" business is so totally beside the point."

Well, you can make the argument that his hair that falls off lands on his gloves, to which he touches people through his hair. DYK people lose over 150 strands of hair on a daily basis? That's 1 strand of hair every 9 minutes. 

[...]

Finally, he kills things through his gloves, so this whole "Is he really touching?" business is so totally beside the point.

Spoiler

I like this series its kind of bitter but really sweet.

Do her breasts grow with each chapter?

Why does she like him other than the "amusing toy to play with" thing?  He seems like a good kid with a bit more personality than your typical manga MC.

her: must I have a reason for liking him?

us: absolutely not! as you were.

I like this series its kind of bitter but really sweet.

Do her breasts grow with each chapter?

Why does she like him other than the "amusing toy to play with" thing?  He seems like a good kid with a bit more personality than your typical manga MC.

Well he could unzip his fly, wrap his shaft, wear a hazmat suit and go full CDC bioterror response team on her. Bonus points if he follows stringent containment protocol by minimizing potential contact points with the use of the doggy style position.

Ironically having sex is easier for this guy than kissing or god forbid,

Spoiler

Fig. 1: The MC tryna fuck, holding extra condoms.

Spoiler

Their hips, pelvises and thighs would touch.

Well he could unzip his fly, wrap his shaft, wear a hazmat suit and go full CDC bioterror response team on her. Bonus points if he follows stringent containment protocol by minimizing potential contact points with the use of the doggy style position.

Ironically having sex is easier for this guy than kissing or god forbid,

Spoiler

A lot of condoms then.

hahahaha

Couldn't he get with an undead girl (vampire, lich, etc) or a necromancer? Of course, maybe the maid is one of these...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics