Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 1340votes)

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Alt Names: alt ผู้กล้าโล่ผงาดalt 盾の勇者の成り上がりalt Der Aufstieg des Schildheldenalt El Ascenso del Héroe del Escudoalt 방패 용사 성공담(방패 용자의 성공기)alt Kalkan Kahramanı'nın Yükselişialt Kebangkitan Pahlawan Bertamengalt Pag-aalsa ng Bayani ng Kalasagalt The Rising of the Shield Heroalt نهوض بطل الدرع
Author: Aneko Yusagi
Artist: Aiya Kyu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Iwatani Naofumi is summoned to another world to become one of the 4 heroes, namely the Shield Hero. Starting out with poor popularity and labeled as the weakest, Naofumi found himself betrayed on the 3rd day of his adventure. Losing faith and money, all that left is just his shield. Vowing to exact revenge to those who had betrayed him, Naofumi's path is...

manga adapted from the light novel series written by Yusagi Aneko and illustrated by Seira Minami
Go to Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic It Surprised Me That The WN Sucks So Hard - While the Manga is quite amazing New Window FakeHero
  • 92 Replies
Topic Wich ones better? New Window Ekuu
  • 6 Replies
Topic Ch 35 High quality Korean Raw New Window dooom13
  • 0 Replies
Topic Tate no Yuusha Chapter Discussion Thread New Window ChaoticCod
  • 17 Replies
Topic Ch.34 Low quality Korean RAW New Window KuroInfinity
  • 0 Replies
Topic Anime Adaptation Announced!! New Window shizuku kyun
  • 0 Replies

2911 Comments

It base on web novel. If you know Japanese you can read it here http://ncode.syosetu.com/n3009bk/
p/s: I hope they make this one into anime.

Chrome it.

is this manga originated from a ln or is it original ? guys

It base on web novel. If you know Japanese you can read it here http://ncode.syosetu.com/n3009bk/

p/s: I hope they make this one into anime.

Aaaand, the MC went full edgy.

This will pretty much be "Petty Revenge: The Manga", isn't it?

It's ironic how those other guys mentioned how useless shieldsare after referencing some MMOs. Clearly they're just a bunch of mid-tier players fancying themselves as pros. A shield/tank character is pretty vital in most games, actually. It's just that since tanks usually play the role of keeping party members alive, certain games where characters gain exp individually (FFT, most turn-based strategy gamed), they're a real pain to grind. Anyone here ever play Etrian Odyssey? Dragon Nest? Terra? Good luck challenging the endgame dungeons without tankers.

Who cares? Those three say that kind of shit as an easy way for the author to make the readers hate them. Even though it doesn't really make any sense.

I'm already waiting on him to get stronger and extract his revenge.....

Those guys really were of no help, why would you leave someone that hasn't played a video game out in the dark like that. they could have at least gave him the low-down and gave him some tips instead of just expecting him to know what to do, instead of sending him to the wolves. such selfish people. whats the point of even calling a shield hero, a hero if your just gonna treat him like dirt....

So what if the shield hero cant do much. if you'd help him gain some levels instead of judging pre-maturely,he would surly become useful in the long run...>_>

Can't sympathize with the MC with him being like that.

If I was him I'd go full evil, and make them all regret what they did with a little torture here and there, make them lose their minds in fear. Y'know all the fun stuff.

tank player here.(all mmo i play and most games I own with tank characters)

bravely default Tiz(knight, full defence boost from other jobs + dual shield + super charge)

glad to see another shield mc manga.

(another is absolute duo)

though the real relationship isn't as bad as this in mmo but a low level full tank without a attack weapon needs someone to support it until they reach their damage skills/reflect damage skills because they are necessary when enemies get too hard to handle.

I want to see those people suffer until they crawl down the ground begging to be saved because all they want are those who can damage enemies without much care for their shield hero. A shield became one of the legendary weapons for a purpose so tricking and treating him like that is just plain mean. please let the massacre begin :)

wow i think my dark side leaked out a bit.(gonna go for some comedy for now)

Here's to hoping the Shield Hero, builds a Harem full of powerful girls who in turn trick the other Hero's into somewhere secluded then they stab the enemy Hero's to death. Then makes the King lick his feet.

I'm not even surprised that the MC isn't the least bit excited with having a cute furry slave with all the crap he's been put through. I honestly hope that he takes the route to becoming an anti-protagonist to the world. I seriously hate the heroes, the people, the king and oh yeah, that two-faced BITCH.

She deserves a good slap with a ding dong. 

F*** that Bitch! I Hope she Gets freaking tortured and eaten by some Monsters! Shield Hero just buy some Slaves and create a Freaking army that hates every Human Except you! F*** That Kingdom! 

Whoa, watch out for the edge there, boys.

ahhh the nostalgia 
and if you guys would like to know the King and the princess will get their just reward

Spoiler

What a mature MC.

Oh man, for a series with this much hate-inducing content to be monthly...*chuckle* best manga troll on my list

Seriously can't wait to see the MC finally kick some ass or the other characters getting their just desserts..

When that happens..  *BAM* Orgasmic hnngh...

Sorry for the inappropriate comments, but seriously, who agrees/disagrees?

F*** that Bitch! I Hope she Gets freaking tortured and eaten by some Monsters! Shield Hero just buy some Slaves and create a Freaking army that hates every Human Except you! F*** That Kingdom! 

yeah tanking is the hardest job..... but whenever you search party matchup

Boss XXXX we have free spot for Healer and tank .

dungeon XXXX need Healer and Tank then go!

only retards says they don't need healer and tank.

actually what they said isnt totally false. the more mmos go into the action(-rpg) genre the tanks become more and more unneeded.

though tanks make games a whole lot easier ^^

is this manga originated from a ln or is it original ? guys

btw rly like the setting it will be better if the mc later turns out to be some kind of anti-hero instead of normal type

ahhh the nostalgia 
and if you guys would like to know the King and the princess will get their just reward

Spoiler

lol those douchebags of heroes and that king seem to never have played an mmorpg at all, even if they think they have, in who's mind do they think a shield is not useful.  You need a bloody tank to take the hits, i mean they can for sure be able to tank however, the tanking isn't equal to an actual tank....... so i hope the hero of the shield kicks their ass. 

Yes your redrawer are scary. Hot Girl turn to Ugly shemale. haha

lol those douchebags of heroes and that king seem to never have played an mmorpg at all, even if they think they have, in who's mind do they think a shield is not useful.  You need a bloody tank to take the hits, i mean they can for sure be able to tank however, the tanking isn't equal to an actual tank....... so i hope the hero of the shield kicks their ass. 

i was in need of a shounen manga, this delivered. Thanks for the scanlations!

I vote he turns into a badass pokemon trainer.

As someone who plays MMOs and is fully grateful for the presence of a capable, skilled tank-class...

...I whole-heartedly follow this premise.  :D

This is monthly right ?

Providing no more redrawers join, yes, it will probably continue on a monthly basis.

If you mean the manga itself, yes, it's a monthly.

This is monthly right ?

I'm not even surprised that the MC isn't the least bit excited with having a cute furry slave with all the crap he's been put through. I honestly hope that he takes the route to becoming an anti-protagonist to the world. I seriously hate the heroes, the people, the king and oh yeah, that two-faced BITCH.

She deserves a good slap with a ding dong. 

Don't worry, it gets better (kinda spoiler following, assuming you're not good at expecting the cliche

Spoiler

though the real relationship isn't as bad as this in mmo but a low level full tank without a attack weapon needs someone to support it until they reach their damage skills/reflect damage skills because they are necessary when enemies get too hard to handle.

The thing is that these setting go for less MMO-setting where a tank's shield block/parry will easily deflect a boss's attack.

It's more towards Monster Hunter area, where sure a Lance can block an attack, but unless you were wearing a full blocking set chances are you'd get pushed back really hard (and if the monster is enraged and does a second attack before you recover your stamina, it'd crush your guard and does massive damage to you)

And that instant-recovering spells are rare/extremely high tier, so most parties avoid major injuries and patch up with medicines/bandages.

Still like where this is going

Spoiler

Feel the power of my balloons!

These "heroes" and Mein almost made me rage.. At least a cutie appeared.

Damn my kind of protag. Wants redemption but has little to no sense of justice, only contempt
. Definitely looking forward to this.

lmao those fucking ballons are hilarious

this is like arifureta and i like that kind of story ^^

These commentors are speaking my language. Also I find this type of mc quite appealing. A bit jaded and cynical, but he has every right to be, god speed to you.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics