Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 206votes)

The Duke of Death and His Black Maid

Alt Names: alt Sang Bendoro Maut dan Si Dayang Kelam-nyaalt Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Meidoalt Young Master the Grim Reaper and the Black Maidalt 死神坊ちゃんと黒メイドalt النبيل الشاب حاصد الأرواح و خادمته السوداء
Author: Inoue Koharu
Artist: Inoue Koharu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a large mansion lives a boy, an aristocrat who was cursed by the witch to "let everything he touches die". With him is his maid Alice, who besides serving him likes to tease him. The boy who is interested in her doesn't mind the teasing, but not being able to touch her is painful!

If they are unable to hold hands, will their love ever bloom?
Go to The Duke of Death and His Black Maid Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic NO DOUJIN? New Window Dantziel
  • 5 Replies
Topic SPOILER TALK - How he got the curse and if it can/will be lifted New Window CB777
  • 1 Replies

277 Comments

Say it with me D'awwwwwww

That cat is gonna end up dead at an appropriately tragic moment, isn't it. 

*vomits sugar*

I feel like they'll get along with the character from Kuro mmm...

Now it black cat. Witch indeed.

Alice can be a cat in this life too, cat+maid is a killer combo. 

A cat maid is fine too!

I dunno about these cats.  I mean, with her, I can suspend a good solid ton of disbelief because she knows the issue and seems to have confidence that she can handle her danger.  And she's hot, so I'll suspend a little extra disbelief for that. 

But if kittens are running around I am going to find it verrry hard to believe none of them will jump on him and get croaked.

The cat is a true hero. Alice has been far too modest up to this point.

Are we thinking of the same Alice?  The one that appears in this manga series?  The one that *lifts hem of dress past mid thigh?

a Dress with Hole of cat scratch maybe can became trend in the future.

Sure, in the sense that this is good, and Black Butler is like a slap in the face with a child's lacy white dress-sock filled with foamy orange diarrhea.

Finally someone who shares my thoughts on Black Butler

Alice can be a cat in this life too, cat+maid is a killer combo. 

The cat is a true hero. Alice has been far too modest up to this point.

Finally some plot progress!  Trying to reverse the curse!

I think that Alice's Mother is the Witch, and cursed the young Duke because she fell in love with his Father (remember that they shared that dance in a clear parallel to Alice and Duke's Relationship), but he either didn't return her feelings, or had to marry Politically.  She wanted some sort of revenge, possibly against the woman he did marry, but couldn't bring herself to actually curse his father or the woman he married for fear of it actually killing the man she still loved, so cursed the son instead.

And in proper Curse Fashion it's had the poetic twist of now being the thing potentially dooming her Daughter to also be unable to be romantically involved with the man she loves.

At least for a bit.  I mean if you think about it the only reason Duke doesn't have his own Political Marriage is because of the curse.  Get it cured but not tell anyone outside and there you go.

Isn't Alice's mother the head maid?

This feels like a reverse Black Butler sometimes. >_>

Sure, in the sense that this is good, and Black Butler is like a slap in the face with a child's lacy white dress-sock filled with foamy orange diarrhea.

I think that Alice's Mother is the Witch, and cursed the young Duke because she fell in love with his Father (remember that they shared that dance in a clear parallel to Alice and Duke's Relationship), but he either didn't return her feelings, or had to marry Politically.  She wanted some sort of revenge, possibly against the woman he did marry, but couldn't bring herself to actually curse his father or the woman he married for fear of it actually killing the man she still loved, so cursed the son instead.

And in proper Curse Fashion it's had the poetic twist of now being the thing potentially dooming her Daughter to also be unable to be romantically involved with the man she loves.

At least for a bit.  I mean if you think about it the only reason Duke doesn't have his own Political Marriage is because of the curse.  Get it cured but not tell anyone outside and there you go.

In my case, I'm thinking Alice's mother is the witch. (Though Alice may be one as well.)  Not sure why the curse yet though, if it were revenge of some sort, maybe to try to ensure her daughter's first love couldn't escape, both, or something else entirely.

She's probably the witch

Highly doupt this. He'd come to hate her, if he'd find out she's the one who cursed him. Also, she was a small child too, when Duke got the curse.

I don't think she's the witch who cursed him, since she seems to really care about him.

She's most likely a witch though. Or at least someone who knows the nature of the curse or is resistant to it.

This, and she might know, who cursed him.

A tsundere cauldron. Now I've seen it all.

I don't think she's the witch who cursed him, since she seems to really care about him.

She just like to watch his suffering.

Man, the last 2 chapters were so cute. I want the duke to be cured and find happiness so hard.

This feels like a reverse Black Butler sometimes. >_>

So Alice pretended to be lost until some progress was made, more people should follow this example.

This is like a lighter, more western version of Taisho wotome otogibanashi. Pretty nice~

A tsundere cauldron. I think I've seen everything now.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics