Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 1340votes)

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Alt Names: alt ผู้กล้าโล่ผงาดalt 盾の勇者の成り上がりalt Der Aufstieg des Schildheldenalt El Ascenso del Héroe del Escudoalt 방패 용사 성공담(방패 용자의 성공기)alt Kalkan Kahramanı'nın Yükselişialt Kebangkitan Pahlawan Bertamengalt Pag-aalsa ng Bayani ng Kalasagalt The Rising of the Shield Heroalt نهوض بطل الدرع
Author: Aneko Yusagi
Artist: Aiya Kyu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Iwatani Naofumi is summoned to another world to become one of the 4 heroes, namely the Shield Hero. Starting out with poor popularity and labeled as the weakest, Naofumi found himself betrayed on the 3rd day of his adventure. Losing faith and money, all that left is just his shield. Vowing to exact revenge to those who had betrayed him, Naofumi's path is...

manga adapted from the light novel series written by Yusagi Aneko and illustrated by Seira Minami
Go to Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic It Surprised Me That The WN Sucks So Hard - While the Manga is quite amazing New Window FakeHero
  • 92 Replies
Topic Wich ones better? New Window Ekuu
  • 6 Replies
Topic Ch 35 High quality Korean Raw New Window dooom13
  • 0 Replies
Topic Tate no Yuusha Chapter Discussion Thread New Window ChaoticCod
  • 17 Replies
Topic Ch.34 Low quality Korean RAW New Window KuroInfinity
  • 0 Replies
Topic Anime Adaptation Announced!! New Window shizuku kyun
  • 0 Replies

2911 Comments

Edgy = Acting all tortured, not trusting anyone, being a misanthrope (exception being, of course, his future harem)

You know the author's going to milk these early events to the end of the series.

Honestly, I wasn't all that angry reading all the shit that hit him. Can't really get attached to a character that just got introduced after all.

And now, with him having this personality... yeah, no.

This.

Maybe people have read the light novels, but as someone who hasn't; its pretty shallow. Chapters 1-2 literally takes place over the course of a few days and he suddenly adopts a "dark" personality? Sorry, no. Thats not how character development works.

I thought it made sense to me. I think an average person would act that way if all that happened even over the course of a few days. Not everyone is good with dealing with grudges. You get warped into a world you don't know, got constantly ridiculed, got tricked and screwed over by the one person you thought had faith in you and then are forced to save this world to get home.

I don't know why the MC is labeled as "dark and edgy" when his attitude and 'pettiness' is certainly justified especially when he has probably lived his life as a carefree average otaku before then, I didn't feel that the 180 flip in personality was too unbelievable. That type of petty grudge holding is actually refreshing for an MC. With more chapters being released, you will probably see more of his kindness still left intact. I find the other characters who constantly serves to shit on him more shallow but his reaction to it makes sense.

Still, I think the MC's personality change would be much more seamless if he was slightly more cynical beforehand instead of a gullible optimist he was before. It still makes it more satisfying when his attitude matches the average audience's thereafter though. 

Maybe people have read the light novels, but as someone who hasn't; its pretty shallow. Chapters 1-2 literally takes place over the course of a few days and he suddenly adopts a "dark" personality? Sorry, no. Thats not how character development works.

Because we all know it should take weeks or months for a life changing event to occur for it to be considered "real" in terms of changing a person's character. A loved one suddenly dying, losing your way of life or finding out you were betrayed - no way these events can change a person in so short a time.

Oh and character development =/= character establishment.

This.

He suddenly got transported to a diffrent world, in which he is supposed to protect but then suddenly he is treated as the lowest because he has the "Weakest" looking weapon. Then he gets blame for a crime he didn't even do, and everyone doesn't believe a word he says because they never believed in him in the first place and he notices that. So then he thinks, why the hell should I protect this world? Just bring me back to my world!

I don't know about you, but I think he has his reasons.

I actually like this...and I think the MC has a right to be pissed. Everyone hates him...he has no allies...so of course he's going to treat everyone as an enemy.  Though, looking ahead, despite all that he still does the right thing mostly...not that it changes the attitudes of some people even after he saves their worthless asses.

Hoh this sound interesting...

Follow up...

Are people going to translate the light novel like they did with Re:monster?

Honestly, I wasn't all that angry reading all the shit that hit him. Can't really get attached to a character that just got introduced after all.

This.

No, he didn't. He's simply angry and he has all the right for being angry. First he gets summoned in another world without choice and is forced in a role that he probably didn't want in the first place. He's supposed to be an hero but everyone looks down on him. The only person that seemed to have faith in him turned out to be a scammer that convinced everyone that he tried to rape her (so now everyone despises him even more). He's basically stuck in a world where pretty much everyone hates him (except maybe for the blacksmith) and he still has to save this world if he wants to go home.

So  no, he's just angry. I don't see him going on a rampage killing whoever he meets or planning revenge for the destruction of the kingdom. He's just trying to get as strong as possible even with his limited possibilities so that he can get the fuck off that world.

I hate how "edgy" has become such a buzzword...every time that there's a character that isn't happy and always smiling, people have to call him edgy. This word is losing it's meaning.

Edgy = Acting all tortured, not trusting anyone, being a misanthrope (exception being, of course, his future harem)

You know the author's going to milk these early events to the end of the series.

I can't understand why people would complain?

I compliment the MC, the author and this manga... countless of stories where the mc was mistreated and the mc treated it like it was nothing or forgave with so much ease. That's infuriating.

At last we have a mc who gets angry along side me. I'm raging myself but this is quelled by him being mad. This is a good manga, trick once ok.. trick me twice but trick me three times.... unforgivable.

I like the path the mc is going, these people and that world deserve punishment. I don't mind if he becomes the anti-hero or even the villain, I'd welcome it.

Wait! I remember someone not much of a hero pick up a pink hair slave similar to this manga. :D

I swear if this manga is like the other who quit half way gonna be so pissed

>"Show me the male slaves!"

>Picks a female slave

make up your mind man

(Unless racoon-girl turns out to be a trap. Hmm...)

Chapter 2 is great turnaround from chapter 1. I'll be anticipating this manga from now on.

Quite interesting and seem promising....

Following for now....

Thanks Galactica

This chapter made me more interested in this series.

looking good!

He is going to destroy the kingdom right? I hope he does, I can't wait to see their faces drawn with despair :D pls don't give me some bs that he ends up protecting it.

LOL. Chapter 2 pg 42, now that was really hilarious.

This seems like it's gonna be awesome, followed.

Hmm, interesting.

Nice, rarely get this kind of protagonist

The rage inside me...

Screw the kingdom, serve demon king/queen (queen is prefered) and be his/her shield. raise your defense and HP so high and be the strongest tank that have million HPs and every heroes who'll attack him only inflict 1 HP.

let the demon king/queen obliterate legendary heroes and their party untill they die one by one.

I want... moar!!!
Though I have to admit that leveling tanks can really be a pain in the ass and I'm not a party player.

With mages I just go pop pop dead. Or I kite 40 mob guys and AoE them to pieces. No need for a tank since I can outrun them. Picking up items would be a lot faster with a mate...

Spoiler

on mmo like RaiderZ u will be grateful if there's healer/tanker join ur party when u do dungeon, except u grind very hard hard or do underleveled dungeon. soloing dungeon took forever in RaiderZ unless it's underleveled dungeon.

I want... moar!!!
Though I have to admit that leveling tanks can really be a pain in the ass and I'm not a party player.

With mages I just go pop pop dead. Or I kite 40 mob guys and AoE them to pieces. No need for a tank since I can outrun them. Picking up items would be a lot faster with a mate...

Spoiler

I dare you to do that in a boss raid/Dungeon Raid in WoW or every MMO with party-based system,

I can't understand why people would complain?

I compliment the MC, the author and this manga... countless of stories where the mc was mistreated and the mc treated it like it was nothing or forgave with so much ease. That's infuriating.

At last we have a mc who gets angry along side me. I'm raging myself but this is quelled by him being mad. This is a good manga, trick once ok.. trick me twice but trick me three times.... unforgivable.

I like the path the mc is going, these people and that world deserve punishment. I don't mind if he becomes the anti-hero or even the villain, I'd welcome it.

Lol, there's only been 2 chapters and someone calls the MC edgy? Dude the manga hasn't even gone emo yet. And you have the gall to mock them for being immature and you're here generalizing the whole series when it's just out with 2 chapters.

You're so mature bro.

I want... moar!!!

Spoiler

Aaaand, the MC went full edgy.

This will pretty much be "Petty Revenge: The Manga", isn't it?

No, he didn't. He's simply angry and he has all the right for being angry. First he gets summoned in another world without choice and is forced in a role that he probably didn't want in the first place. He's supposed to be an hero but everyone looks down on him. The only person that seemed to have faith in him turned out to be a scammer that convinced everyone that he tried to rape her (so now everyone despises him even more). He's basically stuck in a world where pretty much everyone hates him (except maybe for the blacksmith) and he still has to save this world if he wants to go home.

So  no, he's just angry. I don't see him going on a rampage killing whoever he meets or planning revenge for the destruction of the kingdom. He's just trying to get as strong as possible even with his limited possibilities so that he can get the fuck off that world.

I hate how "edgy" has become such a buzzword...every time that there's a character that isn't happy and always smiling, people have to call him edgy. This word is losing it's meaning.

Who cares? Those three say that kind of shit as an easy way for the author to make the readers hate them. Even though it doesn't really make any sense.

Still you have to admit this is a pretty efficient opening. Within 2 chapters, established mc, antagonists, setting, and motivation for the mc. I would like to post up some theories but using Sherlockian principles I can't do that without evidence.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics