Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 208votes)

Mill

Alt Names: alt ミルalt 미르alt Miru
Author: Tahara Kazunori
Artist: Tahara Kazunori
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: College student Aki is shocked when a teenage girl suddenly barges into his Tokyo apartment, acting as if he should know her. When the truth becomes clear, the situation is even stranger. The 'teenage girl' is actually his precious pet cat Mill from his home in Kyushu, who is apparently an 86 year old 'monster cat' who can change between cat and human forms. Will Aki be able to fit his supernatural pet cat into his ordinary college life?
Go to Mill Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Mill released chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies

442 Comments

I'm kind of hoping this doesn't really go down the romance path, honestly. Stories about interpersonal relationships with strong supernatural elements that aren't romances are rare, and I treasure them.

Also, in the realm of less classy concerns, it would feel strangely like the MC was going out with his grandmother at this point, which would be slightly upsetting.

A most unusual and complex story.  It really keeps your attention.

Oh no...Heart Break...Imminent!!!!

Spoiler

If Mill were the only thing I was working on, I could easily maintain one chapter per week.  But I am working on several things at once, with Mill and Boku no Marie being my particular personal projects, and both projects go somewhat slower as a result.  My profile details just how insane I am...

I hope we will get more quality scans as we have been experiencing from you, no need to rush, take your time.

Two weeks is not "so long" by any normal scanlator standard.  Thanks for the chapter!

If Mill were the only thing I was working on, I could easily maintain one chapter per week.  But I am working on several things at once, with Mill and Boku no Marie being my particular personal projects, and both projects go somewhat slower as a result.  My profile details just how insane I am...

Sorry that took so long this time.

Two weeks is not "so long" by any normal scanlator standard.  Thanks for the chapter!

Sorry that took so long this time.  I actually finished it last week, but wasn't happy with some of the translation.  I asked for a Japanese-literate proofer's help, but life happened to him and in the end I just revised it to suit myself.  There are a few spots where I feel it still has rough edges.

This chapter also implements new fonts, at the suggestion of my Photoshopper friend Yoshimatsu.

Looks good, thanks for taking the time to make it up to your standards.

This chapter started the first real feels-trip, I think...

Sorry that took so long this time.  I actually finished it last week, but wasn't happy with some of the translation.  I asked for a Japanese-literate proofer's help, but life happened to him and in the end I just revised it to suit myself.  There are a few spots where I feel it still has rough edges.

This chapter also implements new fonts, at the suggestion of my Photoshopper friend Yoshimatsu.

Just taking the notes burned the stuff into my brain.  I never looked at my notes a second time.  Made my fellow students mad at me.

But that's truly ancient history.  When Jimmy Carter was president.  I knew how to use a slide-rule.  

I wish my memory was still that good...

in order to aim for the highest grade possible, every little bit counts.

This manga hits all the right spots for me. Quite a pleasant read. B)

I like how you avoid spoilers with your avatar and username

Apparently, the publisher's tagline for the first volume of Mill was "A strange, carefree, warm and fuzzy story about living together."

Just add tea and you'd be so relaxed you would fall asleep right after the last page.

Apparently, the publisher's tagline for the first volume of Mill was "A strange, carefree, warm and fuzzy story about living together."

This manga hits all the right spots for me. Quite a pleasant read. B)

I love you for scanlation work, but this makes me mad too lol. 

...Torn between an evil laugh, and slight (very slight) remorse over my behavior over thirty years ago...

Well, as an artsie I rarely took notes in the first place.  There were a couple of courses . . . but mostly I found that if I did this thing called "paying attention" I would get it better than if I distracted myself by scribbling furiously.  

A lot depends on the course. Merely trying to "pay attention" in memorization-heavy courses is not going to get you very far (unless your memory is good enough that you can remember most things said in a single recitation of a lecture). Something tells me that "foreign trade" in this situation is not going to require critical thinking and understanding of concepts so much as brute force memorization of facts.

That being said, in a lot of courses, it's good to take notes in moderation.

Just taking the notes burned the stuff into my brain.  I never looked at my notes a second time.  Made my fellow students mad at me.

I love you for scanlation work, but this makes me mad too lol. 

But that's truly ancient history.  When Jimmy Carter was president.  I knew how to use a slide-rule.  

Well, as an artsie I rarely took notes in the first place.  There were a couple of courses . . . but mostly I found that if I did this thing called "paying attention" I would get it better than if I distracted myself by scribbling furiously.  

then why doesn't it have seinen tag?

It does have seinen feel from the start...

Done.

As a cat lover I approve this!

The atmosphere is homy in this manga.

The magazine it was published in caters to the Seinen demographic.

then why doesn't it have seinen tag?

It does have seinen feel from the start...

I'd be very happy to offer you assistance but you don't seem to need it. I make the offer (I'm a proofreader) sincerely if you like though.

Thanks for the offer, though what I normally need is somebody who knows English well and Japanese better than I do.  I have a couple of friends who fall in that category, one of whom (thanks, Yorugata) helped me out of a tough spot in this chapter.

But I was raised speaking English, and have spoken Spanish as my second language for over 30 years now.  If I have a problem with my English it is simply that knowing other languages well tends to alter one's understanding of their native language.  That can result in an odd turn of phrase now and then.

Very very nice work rpapo, I'd be very happy to offer you assistance but you don't seem to need it. I make the offer (I'm a proofreader) sincerely if you like though.

This manga is very different from other animal-turns-human stories.  It's much more complex.

The magazine it was published in caters to the Seinen demographic.

This manga is very different from other animal-turns-human stories.  It's much more complex.

Bah, why people can't take their own notes?

Why only review them the day before the test, and not at least a week before? a night before a test should be spent getting a good sleep. those flewed study habits are a pain to witness.

Bah, why people can't take their own notes?

Why only review them the day before the test, and not at least a week before? a night before a test should be spent getting a good sleep. those flewed study habits are a pain to witness.

Procrastination is king. An implacable dictator, that cannot be shaken off nor barred passage.

Well, myself, I never read other people's notes, though. Tended to just skim my own, when I needed them at all--I would probably never have survived well in Japan with all the pure memorization-based studies.

Every chapter always gives me such a warm and fuzzy feeling. 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics