Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 403votes)

I Am a Hero

Alt Names: alt Ako ay isang Bayanialt Aku Adalah Seorang Pahlawanalt アイアムアヒーローalt Ben Bir Kahramanımalt Eu Sou Um Heróialt 请叫我英雄alt Soy un Héroealt Tôi là anh hùngalt من قهرمانمalt Я — геройalt אני גיבורalt أنا بطل
Author: Hanazawa Kengo
Artist: Hanazawa Kengo
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSmut SmutSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hideo Suzuki is a thirty-five year old mangaka assistant struggling to be the hero in his own life by breaking back into the lime light with a new serial all the while juggling his relationship with his girlfriend and his own delusions.

However, as hard as Hideo may try, the world seems to have a different set of plans for him; sinister and dark machinations that completely overturn his reality as he knows it.

Nominated for the 3rd and 4th Manga Taisho Award (2010 and 2011).
Go to I Am a Hero Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Final Chapter (264) disc. (spoilers) New Window Serial Raper
  • 9 Replies
Topic Is there any sight to when this might end? New Window SangMo
  • 2 Replies
Topic "I Am a Hero" movie coming out April 23rd, 2016 New Window Ozen
  • 17 Replies
Topic Chapter 197 New Window Tadao
  • 0 Replies
Topic Zombie Apocalypse Day Preparation (For fun) New Window Harpuea
  • 21 Replies
Topic Infected and awakened and hair. New Window Delete me 12345567
  • 2 Replies

1217 Comments

Are there pages missing from ch.143 or was the fight just cut short like that?

Takashi took 60 levels in badass... but stayed a virgin. :(

I wish they would get back to the main already...

I have an orgasm every time i see an update ! Thank you Illuminati-Manga .

Edit :Such a big release, I've finished it in like 10 min, I want moaaaar !!

Takashi is pretty badass.

Spoiler

Major spoiler on the new arc

Spoiler

The plot where this arc is going may put off some of you, you either hate it or love it.

Spoiler

devamı ne zaman gelecek acaba türkç çevirinin?

Spoiler

wish there was a game for this and it'd be awesome, kinda like silent hill.

I just caught up to reading this and I have to say that I am loving this.  I am also really liking this arc that showcases Kurazu (And was very surprised when I first saw him). 

What is it on their arms?  I mean is that a sports equipment glove or does it seem to be homemade? 

This actually reminds me of when I played humans vs zombies.  Going on missions to ensure survival....man the game gave me paranoia but it was still fun as hell.

So I knew something was up when I was reading the latest volume: repeated panels.

Now I know that Hanazawa Kengo is extremely deliberate in his choices in drawing, panelling, and facial expressions, so I'm going to assume he's not just cutting corners here. Maybe the repeated panels are meant to frustrate or make the reader feel unsteady or anxious, as if this particular scenario is unstable and claustrophobic? What do you think?

and of course, thanks to IlluminatiManga for the qulity releases! :)

Haruki's meant to be very annoying. Tomabecchi, not so much, though his know-it-all attitude can be grating, and the author illustrates how his self-confidence in his intelligence may be misguided with the characters statements on the nuclear power plants. There may be a little bit of what you're saying with the choice to repeat certain illustrations, especially annoying faces or body language, but I think it's mostly to reinforce a impression that's already given by their lines.

The release pacing (not manga pacing) is actually pretty rigorous for the amount of detail in the art, so it's not completely out of the question that this is a matter of saving some time. Fortunately, even if it's primarily a time saver and used to set mood as an afterthought, the overall planning of the series is quite solid, even if the narrative pacing is a slow (typical for his stories.)

So I knew something was up when I was reading the latest volume: repeated panels.

I didn't catch nearly all of them, but here are the most obvious ones (the last image set has a repeat by accident, whoops):

Spoiler

Now I know that Hanazawa Kengo is extremely deliberate in his choices in drawing, panelling, and facial expressions, so I'm going to assume he's not just cutting corners here. Maybe the repeated panels are meant to frustrate or make the reader feel unsteady or anxious, as if this particular scenario is unstable and claustrophobic? What do you think?

and of course, thanks to IlluminatiManga for the qulity releases! :)

Holy crap! So many new chapters! Thanks, Illuminati Manga! :D

Anyone else feeling this arc is dragging on?..

moaaaaaaaaaaaar

Zombie-stabbing is awesome! everybody has to try it at least once!!!

The new guy is definitely going to have sooo much fun doing this... :  (

Waaat , already over ? Maan ... when is the next chapter coming out ?

Alright boys. Class is in session.

Today's lesson is...

Spoiler

I don't necessarily hate when mangas branch away from the main characters, but I can't wait to read about how the main characters and their half zombie are doing now that the nail has been moved from her head.

Also, I love seeing through the zombie girls eyes and how everything looks like the worst acid trip ever.

Ah so many chapters at once, x-mas come and gone again.

a whole volume in one release? nice.

thanks for the hard work Illuminati-Manga.

wow keep releasing them so fast please!

I wonder why I even read these comments.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics