Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 301votes)

Shishunki Bitter Change

Alt Names: alt 사춘기 비터 체인지alt Puberty Bitter Changealt 思春期ビターチェンジ
Author: Masayoshi
Artist: Masayoshi
Genres: Drama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yuuta and Yui had their body swapped when Yuuta fell down from a tree.
How will they co-operate dealing with this as they grow up?

Serialized Manga:
http://comic-polaris.jp/shishunki/

Original webcomic:
http://banbi.omiki.com/
Go to Shishunki Bitter Change Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Are any of you like me: Who wants to be the other gender for a day and then change back the next day New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 4 Replies
Topic Ideal ending to the series New Window pacificsaury
  • 2 Replies
Topic Scanlate the original webcomic? New Window Julianacat
  • 7 Replies
Topic This plot is going to crumble when the series gets axed. New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 1 Replies
Topic Is the translated chapter pass the original? New Window Dhoozy77
  • 1 Replies
Topic Original source New Window robpurple
  • 4 Replies

734 Comments

At first I want them to get together, but seeing this I feel bad for the guy stuck in the girls body because the other doesn't even give a damn about him

Thats exactly my problem with her, Yui stuck in Yuuta's body is able to easily discern Friend A (Hikaru's) problem yet is unable to understand nor identify that Yuuta has some unresolved inner problems despite having known each other for 7 years. Total lack of empathy, at least towards Yuuta, which makes it even more depressing.

At first I want them to get together, but seeing this I feel bad for the guy stuck in the girls body because the other doesn't even give a damn about him

this is so depressing af

i don't really care whose ship will sail because it doesn't matter

adding another new ship would be great

I can see the author trying so hard to ship YuutaxYui but I sure hope it sinks. Yui just doesn't care about Yuuta the way Yuuta cares about her.

Spoiler

This manga is full of all kind of hurts.

In the end, it's not a manga about body swap.

It's about the puberty of the two main characters.

If they had their bodies back, it would still be painful.

For Yui, because Kazuma doesn't love her, or doesn't think of her that way.

For Yuuta, because he loves Yui and she doesn't think of him that way.

The body swap just adds to the pains.

Damn I'm still betting on my long term personality disorder induced by stress and cranial trauma idea from way back despite being super outlandish but if I'm right this 'breakdown' in personality norms would be an interesting way to go about it. 

So I was re-reading it and I noticed how Yuuta uses the first person to refer to Yui at ch 35.

Back then they weren't switched so it doesnt make much sense UNLESS Yuuta fully accepted the fact that he IS Yui (not just a girl, but Yui), at least in a more unconscious level

what do you think?

Are we reading the same manga? Iconsider drama the strongest point f this actually and the best gender bender I've ever read

Agreed. I think it's slower and more methodical than most other manga I've read of its kind, but that's what I like about it. It's not just high energy goofs and gaffes. It's two very different people legitimately having to live the reality that they've switched bodies, sexes, families, and lives. They are likely never going to go back to the way things were and we get to see them cope with it. What's so interesting to me about it are the long term implications of that, not necessarily the immediate reactions.

Which isn't to say I don't love the goofy stuff, too. I'll read any of it. I just find this particular manga to be unique and a breath of fresh air.

So unrealistic. MC characters are so plain and generic. How is this possible, that they still behave like primary schoolers in high school. They have never developed. It's like time has stopped for them. Maybe author shouldn't have moved them to high school so fast. When I first started reading this, I thought it had this *nostalgic, mature feel*. But its not one of those. I do not even feel gender bender anymore. 

On the other hand I am still reading it. Are my standards low? I wonder.

Are we reading the same manga? Iconsider drama the strongest point f this actually and the best gender bender I've ever read

Spoiler

I'd put a baby in Yuuta-Yui.

I love this manga so much.

And pintail and mwsmws22? Just like Yuuta in a dress, you're both the best.

Tachibana is going to become a Yuuta-sexual by the end of this.

I tried the survey, hopefully they got someone over there who can read English :D
Yuuta being used as a doll was cute, especially when he's willing to take it seeing as how happy it makes Yui.

@ZdrytchX

someone's actually doing the survey ^-^

here you go~

2417377b8d.png

I'll bet a $100 they accidentally kissed when yuuta fell off the tree. And they'll change back once they kiss again.

No idea what the options mean on the survey / feedback form aside from age, gender and comment. I don't know if they are willing to read english responses, but I left one anyway

Guesses:

rtPZbv4.png

No they aren't different, these are just the online chapters from the publisher while the volume bundles them in print. I thought it would be better to scanlate the online chapters because they are released more regularly. If people are upset about switching over then I don't mind stopping. It's just that you would have to wait every 5-6 months for the volume. There's an original webcomic released by the author that is finished but that is different from the one that polaris serializes. I hope that cleared things up~

thank you pintail for clarifying it...

So unrealistic. MC characters are so plain and generic.

(collapse for space)

Your mileage may vary, as may individuals' sense of taste.

I once had a couple of roommates who were so desensitized to garlic that the overpowering odor would make me mildly nauseous when they cooked. But on the other hand, I'm sure they would have found many of the foods I think have subtle, refined flavors to be indescribably bland.

So unrealistic. MC characters are so plain and generic. How is this possible, that they still behave like primary schoolers in high school. They have never developed. It's like time has stopped for them. Maybe author shouldn't have moved them to high school so fast. When I first started reading this, I thought it had this *nostalgic, mature feel*. But its not one of those. I do not even feel gender bender anymore. 

On the other hand I am still reading it. Are my standards low? I wonder.

The extra chapter is like a dream after reading all these drama going on...

Yuuta in mini dress: Naisu!!!

726a176540e177b7907ab40ac42348a31b02c00d

2 chapters? I just see one here.

There's 45 and 45.5

Yes, that's two chapters.

Oh my God, that omake is so adorable

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics