Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 1340votes)

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Alt Names: alt ผู้กล้าโล่ผงาดalt 盾の勇者の成り上がりalt Der Aufstieg des Schildheldenalt El Ascenso del Héroe del Escudoalt 방패 용사 성공담(방패 용자의 성공기)alt Kalkan Kahramanı'nın Yükselişialt Kebangkitan Pahlawan Bertamengalt Pag-aalsa ng Bayani ng Kalasagalt The Rising of the Shield Heroalt نهوض بطل الدرع
Author: Aneko Yusagi
Artist: Aiya Kyu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Iwatani Naofumi is summoned to another world to become one of the 4 heroes, namely the Shield Hero. Starting out with poor popularity and labeled as the weakest, Naofumi found himself betrayed on the 3rd day of his adventure. Losing faith and money, all that left is just his shield. Vowing to exact revenge to those who had betrayed him, Naofumi's path is...

manga adapted from the light novel series written by Yusagi Aneko and illustrated by Seira Minami
Go to Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic It Surprised Me That The WN Sucks So Hard - While the Manga is quite amazing New Window FakeHero
  • 92 Replies
Topic Wich ones better? New Window Ekuu
  • 6 Replies
Topic Ch 35 High quality Korean Raw New Window dooom13
  • 0 Replies
Topic Tate no Yuusha Chapter Discussion Thread New Window ChaoticCod
  • 17 Replies
Topic Ch.34 Low quality Korean RAW New Window KuroInfinity
  • 0 Replies
Topic Anime Adaptation Announced!! New Window shizuku kyun
  • 0 Replies

2911 Comments

Im pretty sure his shield got some kinda poison nullifying ability at some point

He did, but he's naturally immune to the effects of alcohol anyway.

I always assumed that the abilities of each shield were only active during the said shield form. o.o

A weapon tends to have passives that stack just from unlocking it and abilities that you need to equip the weapon to use.

Though in Naofumi's case, his alcohol tolerance has more to do with his natural disposition if I remember right.

Di he killed someone? Which chapter? 

I always assumed that the abilities of each shield were only active during the said shield form. o.o

His base defense and resistances are pretty high as well. At the very start the starting monster couldn't really deal damage to him even though the bites stung everyone else pretty good.

I'm 98% sure scythe guy and co are manga original

They aren't in the WN but they are in the LN

What does Scyth Guy actually call Naofumi in the source material?

I'm 98% sure scythe guy and co are manga original

http://vatoto.com/reader#0159b8d036e1c3fd_26

"Higher Detoxify"

"Poison Tolerance"

Probably because alcohol, in a sense, is a natural poison to the human body.

Im pretty sure his shield got some kinda poison nullifying ability at some point

http://vatoto.com/reader#0159b8d036e1c3fd_26

"Higher Detoxify"

"Poison Tolerance"

Probably because alcohol, in a sense, is a natural poison to the human body.

Ugh, watching Itsuki's lackeys deepthroating his c*ck makes me sick.

What does Scyth Guy actually call Naofumi in the source material?

Sigh. What a flop. I was expecting some character development and good story. But the story going nowhere. Also become more edgy and cringe from each chapter. I expecting our shield hero regain more pride and respected by fellow member. But they still jerking him anyway. What the point to help them in the first place. Somehow I feel unsatisfied. I drop this.

You're expecting a Disney/Marvel story and plot? You won't get that here. You'll get the harsh truth of life, how in real life jackasses still jackass you even after you've helped them. 

You want a fantasy story where the MC gets disrespected by his enemy, only to become god and save everyone from their demise?

Watch Sword Art Online.

So he is the almighty drinker who never gets drunk?

So he is the almighty drinker who never gets drunk?

Sigh. What a flop. I was expecting some character development and good story. But the story going nowhere. Also become more edgy and cringe from each chapter. I expecting our shield hero regain more pride and respected by fellow member. But they still jerking him anyway. What the point to help them in the first place. Somehow I feel unsatisfied. I drop this.

You've got a long way to go before the others will start respecting him, in the original source its at least two arcs after this before any of them start listening to him.

i wish for once the other heroes stopped acting like 10-year old trolls on mmos we find 

All I say that ending is too edgy for my taste, some people liked it though

I didn't say I liked it, just that it was a bit more fitting. The LN is doing a much better job of smoothing out the rough edges, as is the case with most WN to LN adaptations, so the newer ending would be a better fit.

Oooh this chapter introduced Naofumi's reputation of the lucol fruit. And miss FUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHH. owo

in official english LN, it turn into Fe~eh ... that's bad ...

It definitely is a shitty ending, but you can't say it didn't fit the story. The main antagonist was right under our noses the whole time. The cause of almost all of our MC's problems was the same(?) person all along. 

All I say that ending is too edgy for my taste, some people liked it though

Oooh this chapter introduced Naofumi's reputation of the lucol fruit. And miss FUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHH. owo

still waiting this to happen

t0cxZNS.png

I don't think it fit the story at all. The title is "the rising of the shield hero". "rising" as in started from the bottom to the top. It was a story about overcoming difficulties and triumph over injustice as far as I could tell from the entire story up to that point, so the original ending was a slap in the face to all that and made the whole story feel like a waste of time. 

well, at least in my case when I ended the WN, it was already that good end already translated, so I didn't notice what was the original end hahaha, and as you say it felt more fitting for the rising of shieldbro the new end.

Are those 2 gonna be antagonists later on ? Because I don't want them to be

So basically the story went from an RPG... to an MMORPG?

I don't see Chinese bots spamming shady links in the chat so its not a shitty Asian MMORPG at least.
Oooo alcohol fruit! Also I bet at one point shield hero and the scythe guy going to duke it out.

You may want to reread the start of chapter 33 to know where this is going...

Also from the look he gave the scythe I think he's having flashbacks to Glass from chapters 16-17.

Just being facetious. This, Re: Zero, and Dungeon Seeker receive the cenobite suffering seal of approval.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics