Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 1340votes)

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Alt Names: alt ผู้กล้าโล่ผงาดalt 盾の勇者の成り上がりalt Der Aufstieg des Schildheldenalt El Ascenso del Héroe del Escudoalt 방패 용사 성공담(방패 용자의 성공기)alt Kalkan Kahramanı'nın Yükselişialt Kebangkitan Pahlawan Bertamengalt Pag-aalsa ng Bayani ng Kalasagalt The Rising of the Shield Heroalt نهوض بطل الدرع
Author: Aneko Yusagi
Artist: Aiya Kyu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Iwatani Naofumi is summoned to another world to become one of the 4 heroes, namely the Shield Hero. Starting out with poor popularity and labeled as the weakest, Naofumi found himself betrayed on the 3rd day of his adventure. Losing faith and money, all that left is just his shield. Vowing to exact revenge to those who had betrayed him, Naofumi's path is...

manga adapted from the light novel series written by Yusagi Aneko and illustrated by Seira Minami
Go to Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic It Surprised Me That The WN Sucks So Hard - While the Manga is quite amazing New Window FakeHero
  • 92 Replies
Topic Wich ones better? New Window Ekuu
  • 6 Replies
Topic Ch 35 High quality Korean Raw New Window dooom13
  • 0 Replies
Topic Tate no Yuusha Chapter Discussion Thread New Window ChaoticCod
  • 17 Replies
Topic Ch.34 Low quality Korean RAW New Window KuroInfinity
  • 0 Replies
Topic Anime Adaptation Announced!! New Window shizuku kyun
  • 0 Replies

2911 Comments

Somehow it got less character more RPG lately.

Ugh he looks so generic.

Spoiler

Its kinda sad that Naofumi will be betrayed again... i mean he looks like he is having fun with the new guys even if he was like being sarcastic.

It looks like, i didnt read the LN or WN, can you spoil me a little plz?

So, they're bad news.. I though so :c

Ehh
Spoiler

Its kinda sad that Naofumi will be betrayed again... i mean he looks like he is having fun with the new guys even if he was like being sarcastic.

Seems to be a running theme, trust no one you don't have a slave contract with and even then beware.

shounen died after meeting a bitch and

Spoiler

So, they're bad news.. I though so :c

First of all, I appreciate your dislike for One Piece. That thing gets too much applause.
Secondly.... Lightnovel / Manga adaptation SECRET TECHNIQUE : Cutting out content to focus on specific elements, yet oddly enough, adding pointless characters in hordes.
There are some LNs which are better because they are genuinely more focused, less hectic with random topics with no point to them, while some LNs just want to throw more titties and random characters at the audience's face to keep some sort of standard, that's there for who-knows-why.
Looking at you, Konjiki no Word Master.

Then you are looking at it wrong, unless you only read the manga version that is. Because Konjiki no Moji Tsukai rarely focus on the girls for the titties. Many new male characters were introduced later on, and the focus is more on the fights and the few politics scenes than interpersonal relationships

While waiting for the next chapter I decided to re-read the series. And then I saw this...
TseBqx2.png

He was so innocent.
Where have the moments like these gone, have they disappeared?

shounen died after meeting a bitch and
Spoiler

Hm, things are going too well for Shieldy. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

So Raruk is a hero from another kingdom or something?

Wondering if anyone else saw the Anime PV trailer.
I'm super stoked.
https://youtu.be/mjezREyZI2U
Dub or Sub

so happy to see Shield dude get redeemed <3

and "bitchie" lol

Spoiler

They took that out the LN thank goodness. For me it was the only blight on an otherwise solid story.

Wow, so even his teammates doesnt want him to be happy. That's rough

more like his cynism is one part that makes him who he is 

... the generic protagonist is more like spear guy so the girls gets creeped out by the change in persona

Spoiler

Ugh he looks so generic.

Spoiler

Wow, so even his teammates doesnt want him to be happy. That's rough

While waiting for the next chapter I decided to re-read the series. And then I saw this...
TseBqx2.png

He was so innocent.

Ugh he looks so generic.
Spoiler

How did he take off that jacket if he cannot let go of his shield?

I'm pretty sure, it was by using sequence (if not only one) changing of shields shapes.

I'm only 22 chapters in, but this story has started to majorly diverge from the novel (The original one, I mean. I don't remember if it was the Light Novel or the Web Novel). I don't like almost any of the changes made- too much of it feels more generic than the Tate no Yuusha I know.

Spoiler

First of all, I appreciate your dislike for One Piece. That thing gets too much applause.
Secondly.... Lightnovel / Manga adaptation SECRET TECHNIQUE : Cutting out content to focus on specific elements, yet oddly enough, adding pointless characters in hordes.
There are some LNs which are better because they are genuinely more focused, less hectic with random topics with no point to them, while some LNs just want to throw more titties and random characters at the audience's face to keep some sort of standard, that's there for who-knows-why.
Looking at you, Konjiki no Word Master.

I'm only 22 chapters in, but this story has started to majorly diverge from the novel (The original one, I mean. I don't remember if it was the Light Novel or the Web Novel). I don't like almost any of the changes made- too much of it feels more generic than the Tate no Yuusha I know.

Spoiler

TseBqx2.png

He was so innocent.

How did he take off that jacket if he cannot let go of his shield?

TseBqx2.png

He was so innocent.

there's few case for his curse "wrath" get weaken or suppressed completely ...

(based WN and LN)

that expression might happen few times in future ...

I thought the guy with Naofumi in the pub scene was Motoyasu. Was this changed in the manga or am I remembering wrong?

It was. Pretty much this entire arc is different from the WN (which isn't too big of a deal, because this arc is a bore-fest). Don't know about the LN, though.

I thought the guy with Naofumi in the pub scene was Motoyasu. Was this changed in the manga or am I remembering wrong?

TseBqx2.png

He was so innocent.

I'm 98% sure scythe guy and co are manga original

They aren't in the WN but they are in the LN

They were in the WN but they were only mentioned in passing and didn't even get a name (except Glass), and became full fledged characters in the LN.

What does Scyth Guy actually call Naofumi in the source material?

The same thing really. OT translates it as "sonny" but official translation has it as "kiddo".

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics