Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 1340votes)

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Alt Names: alt ผู้กล้าโล่ผงาดalt 盾の勇者の成り上がりalt Der Aufstieg des Schildheldenalt El Ascenso del Héroe del Escudoalt 방패 용사 성공담(방패 용자의 성공기)alt Kalkan Kahramanı'nın Yükselişialt Kebangkitan Pahlawan Bertamengalt Pag-aalsa ng Bayani ng Kalasagalt The Rising of the Shield Heroalt نهوض بطل الدرع
Author: Aneko Yusagi
Artist: Aiya Kyu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Iwatani Naofumi is summoned to another world to become one of the 4 heroes, namely the Shield Hero. Starting out with poor popularity and labeled as the weakest, Naofumi found himself betrayed on the 3rd day of his adventure. Losing faith and money, all that left is just his shield. Vowing to exact revenge to those who had betrayed him, Naofumi's path is...

manga adapted from the light novel series written by Yusagi Aneko and illustrated by Seira Minami
Go to Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic It Surprised Me That The WN Sucks So Hard - While the Manga is quite amazing New Window FakeHero
  • 92 Replies
Topic Wich ones better? New Window Ekuu
  • 6 Replies
Topic Ch 35 High quality Korean Raw New Window dooom13
  • 0 Replies
Topic Tate no Yuusha Chapter Discussion Thread New Window ChaoticCod
  • 17 Replies
Topic Ch.34 Low quality Korean RAW New Window KuroInfinity
  • 0 Replies
Topic Anime Adaptation Announced!! New Window shizuku kyun
  • 0 Replies

2911 Comments

MidoriKitzune
Jan 01 2018 03:17 PM

That ending for the WN was rewritten so you can't find the bad one anywhere now just the good end. So have no fear if you decided to dive into the WN.

Wrong.

xD

You can't delte stuff from the internet.

Even if you delte it, still there ya know~

It's called timemaschiene for once. And lots of others way past that too :3.

Geez, lassy kids don't know they're stuff.

Behold the nightmare of all F2P gamers!! THE WHALE!!! *Dramatic Music*

Spoiler

i see, subaru whale going changing job to shield hero whales.

Report Rarurk OP fed noob plz nerf Scythe.

so the 3 retards and the entire army that is with them could barely scratch the boss but mr OP can come in and take it down with 1 simple attack?
how has he not taken over the world yet?

Because they're retards and weak as fuck ?

so the 3 retards and the entire army that is with them could barely scratch the boss but mr OP can come in and take it down with 1 simple attack?

Because he just now leveled up to that strength. During the events of this arc. He started at... a bit lower than Naofumi's level? Meanwhile, the idiot heroes lagged behind and still are behind Naofumi and L'Arc's party.

Behold the nightmare of all F2P gamers!! THE WHALE!!! *Dramatic Music*

Spoiler

Dimensional Whale: Möbius Dick. I miss Futurama...

Thank goodness I haven't read the WN of this one. That ending sucks. I'll just wait and read the manga or LN now.

That ending for the WN was rewritten so you can't find the bad one anywhere now just the good end. So have no fear if you decided to dive into the WN.

The biggest backlash in recent memory I've seen was the original WN version ending and the WN ending to Sono mono. I'll go over them briefly and you can decide what's worse:

Shield Hero

Spoiler

Sono Mono

Spoiler

Now, keep in mind LN's refine and remove troublesome plot points, so we probably have nothing to fear. Unless Gen Urobuchi is supervising the rewrites.

Here is a quick summary of the changes

Spoiler

Thank goodness I haven't read the WN of this one. That ending sucks. I'll just wait and read the manga or LN now.

When I saw those last pages the only thing I could think was "NARWHAL BLAST"

All I thought was "REAAAAALLY GETTING SOME Re:ZERO FLASHBACKS HERE!!!"

When I saw those last pages the only thing I could think was "NARWHAL BLAST"

And then when people start to support naofumi. His plan fail miserably, and the edge start again. If nao start to be edgy again because of his failure. I am pissed.

more like getting edgy again because OTHER failure ...

just get worse than before ... (I won't spoiler the detail tough so I keep it vague in here)

I'm extremely glad that this chapter had no dark parts. Even the other heroes acted as normal persons and they even joined Naofumi in some comedy parts.It was refreshing.

And then when people start to support naofumi.

His plan fail miserably, and the edge start again.

If nao start to be edgy again because of his failure. I am pissed.
Using MMO skin be like.....

That's cause the author was dragging his feet with the story so it lost support and they had him end it early without being able to tie up all the loose plot threads. Sigh....we can only imagine what could have been cause boy was it awesome up to the part when they overthrew the fake doctor.

It pissed away such a good premise too. Everyone knows dinosaurs, but the creatures that came after were formidable as well. Giant sloths, basilosaurus, and my personal favorite in the story was Andrewsarchus. He wasted too much time on ecchi and not enough on story building. And if his latest manga are any indication, it's going to stay that way. 

Anyway, I can't think of too many manga that took the axe well. Honestly, I think the worst ones have no ending and leave us wondering (Ruruoni Kenshin). Or ones that build up for hundreds of chapters just to go off the rails and we want the suffering to end (Bleach, Hajime no Ippo).

wow that shield is very...utilitarian. it's like a swiss knife shield. heck i wouldn't be so suprised if it can turn into a Swiss Knife Shield

No, Cage of Eden/Eden no Ori has the worst ending by far. Just... no. Just oh god please no

That's cause the author was dragging his feet with the story so it lost support and they had him end it early without being able to tie up all the loose plot threads. Sigh....we can only imagine what could have been cause boy was it awesome up to the part when they overthrew the fake doctor.

Didn't this have a terrible ending? Like if you could win awards on terrible endings this would take all of them?

No, Cage of Eden/Eden no Ori has the worst ending by far. Just... no. Just oh god please no

5yVOxTO.jpg

War... War never changes...

Didn't this have a terrible ending? Like if you could win awards on terrible endings this would take all of them?

The biggest backlash in recent memory I've seen was the original WN version ending and the WN ending to Sono mono. I'll go over them briefly and you can decide what's worse:

Shield Hero

Spoiler

Sono Mono

Spoiler

Now, keep in mind LN's refine and remove troublesome plot points, so we probably have nothing to fear. Unless Gen Urobuchi is supervising the rewrites.

Here is a quick summary of the changes

Spoiler

did they absorb the hourglass of the water temple??

Thought about that one too, as when he gets new shields is always by absorbing something completely. Now if they want to know about Carmira's wave's or do class advance they have to rely on Naofumi. He could charge the others for this ... :D

did they absorb the hourglass of the water temple??

The web novel had one of the worst endings I can remember to date. It is up there with ME3's ending and I am Hero.

Also no guys, I had no idea this was based on the LN.

the fixed one (happy ending) or the sad one??

5yVOxTO.jpg
Also I find this hilarious

antartic Elizabeth

Aww, everything is working out to some degree and everyone is working "together". Too bad I still hate everyone and am still super pissed at everything that happened so far to truly appreciate any of it...

Naw it wasnt terrible. Certainly not as terrible as you're implying.
Besides, that was the Web Novel ending.

The Light Novel has been doing a lot of stuff differently, like changing the plot and adding extra scenes.
The light novel is still ongoing so no one knows how the ending will go.

If you didn't know, this manga is an adaptation of the light novel.

The web novel had one of the worst endings I can remember to date. It is up there with ME3's ending and I am Hero.

Also no guys, I had no idea this was based on the LN.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics