Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 484votes)

Spirit Circle

Alt Names: alt スピリットサークルalt 魂环alt 魂環alt Ruh Çemberi
Author: Mizukami Satoshi
Artist: Mizukami Satoshi
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Fuuta Okeya is a normal 14-year-old boy, except for the fact that he has the ability to see ghosts. A cute girl transfers into his class one day, but acts particularly aggressive towards him. This girl called Kouko Ishigami is followed around by a ghost called East. Fuuta tries to get along with her but ends up failing after she sees the birthmark he usually keeps covered. She then declares him as her enemy, his birthmark as a cursed brand and claims they have a long history, while talking about reincarnation. Who is this girl and how are they connected?
Go to Spirit Circle Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Concluding thoughts... How was it? New Window Omerlife
  • 5 Replies
Topic Thus, I reviewed Spirit Circle New Window Swifft
  • 0 Replies
Topic To conclude... How was it? New Window Omerlife
  • 0 Replies
Topic Honest Thoughts New Window CPainter307
  • 0 Replies
Topic Wow, just , marvellous New Window WaterlyWinds
  • 5 Replies

530 Comments

I just do not understand how they died in this chapter. Is it dying of exhaustion or what?

I still stand by though that this is a manga I want more releases of. It is that good that I do not tire of it at all.

They died because of gangrene, hypotension, dehydration, exhaustion, plot driven situation, etc. 

Gotta say that it was a good end for the arc.

Spoiler

I just do not understand how they died in this chapter. Is it dying of exhaustion or what?

I still stand by though that this is a manga I want more releases of. It is that good that I do not tire of it at all.

God...my heart aches all the time after reading this manga...I'm such a masochist

I'm noticing that all of his previous lovers become his family in the next life (one as adopted daughter, the other step-sister).

Even fate cockblocks him >.>

Nah, fate is trying to point him in the right direction.

Spoiler

ch20 is out on crunchyroll simulpub

Absolutely mesmerizing. In every way.

To be honest...Satoshi's artstyle is not my favorite.

Not at all, really. However...the storytelling is 10/10. It's perfect. I'm so glad that I've been introduced to this author, seriously.

Once again, Mizukami proves he can't make a bad series.

I actually don't like Sengoku Youko that much... it's certainly good, but I just don't feel anything for almost any of the characters. I don't really care about the struggle, the powers are uninteresting IMO...

I feel the exact same way about Spirit Circle.

Your worthless comparison is the weakest of the three. All of them are the bestest.

I'm noticing that all of his previous lovers become his family in the next life (one as adopted daughter, the other step-sister).

She is his half-sister though

This last chapter reeked of awesome, however you look at it.

Spoiler

What a happy reunion

If you compare the three this is easily the worst of the three. Still a good read though.

Come on Sengoku Youko its clearly the weakest. This is fine stuff at the level of Biscuit Hammer, just look at the character relations that are being built.

Sengoku is over the average shonen but it really lacks in that regard.

If you compare the three this is easily the worst of the three. Still a good read though.

Hoshi no Samidare is a classic, it's fully fleshed out and one of the best manga ever made.

I actually don't like Sengoku Youko that much... it's certainly good, but I just don't feel anything for almost any of the characters. I don't really care about the struggle, the powers are uninteresting IMO...

I think this is a potential close second to Hoshi no Samidare. Living through multiple lives makes this so significant, like covering entire lifetimes worth of stories in a few chapters (and not in a bad way).

After all these chapters I still wish I'd have gotten to see Stona's (painful) death.

I wouldn't say 'easily the worst'. It really depends what you're looking for. I like it about the same as the others, simply because they're all different from each other. Though the cliff-hangers in this get to me more than those of Sengoku Youko, so I guess you could say I anticipate it more, making it my favorite of the two, but I don't think of it that way.
So yeah, it's really just a matter of opinion.

(Really, the whole thing here is that you can't objectively compare these three manga and decide that this one is 'easily the worst', so I'm nitpicking at your wording.)

-___- All these people going holy shit over the samurai

Haha I think because it's more obvious which reincarnation is it - noted that they never actually show the scene so that flashback/refresh actually is interesting because it completes the story - thanks for pointing it out o_O I really love how the relationships stood through reincarnation.. Although we don't see enough REAL romance - we've been showered with 'fake' romance, early-death romance, and that one with the adopted daughter.. It's just.. too painful.. Like giving us a cake but covering it with a glass box..

Followed this a long time ago, but never got around to reading it. I'll just ask: how does this hold up against Samidare and Sengoku Youko?

IMO it's different. Each one has their own charm. This one is the most philosophical - it's the most tiring for all the mindless action lovers because there's more thinking than action - even though there's more.. murder here.. This one asks a lot of questions and I easily enjoy this one, but each of the three caters to a different group and that's what great about the mangaka.

-___- All these people going holy shit over the samurai

And

Spoiler

Arguable for me,

Samidare definitely is the best so far in terms of a complete story (well, it's completed...so yeah)

Youko though have too many loose threads right now, even after so many chapters. I'm sure it'll be resolved eventually but with how they built up the scale of power, I think it'll have a bit of deus ex machine feel to however it's solved.

This one is the between in term of power level, but so far the core of it is quickly established (reincarnations, the link that bring people together, etc) And everything new we see only brings more things to light (the ghost samurai, 'who was kajirou' in other life)

Followed this a long time ago, but never got around to reading it. I'll just ask: how does this hold up against Samidare and Sengoku Youko?

For me, I'm liking it more than Sengoku Youko and right about the same as Samidare.

I just think that Hoshi no Samidare had a more mature feeling to the story (kind of philosophical), so it gives a different kind of atmosphere when you read it.

Whenever there's new chapter I've gotta go and look the previous for recurring character.

Houtaro's brother also appear in Flor the Father Sphinx arc as his son. No wonder they do not get along

http://vatoto.com/read/_/185259/spirit-circle_v3_ch14_by_duralumin/19

And Matsu, the princess' nurse in Houtaro arc is obviously Fuuta's pragnanting mother. I bet the yet to be born baby is Houtarou's brother again.

That feels. What', you asked? Every chapter, that is.

Intense chapter.

I Love this author.

holy.. thanks for pointing that out guys.. Wouldn't have figured out for my life even when I re-read the story.

Sigh.. another painful chapter of reincarnation.. This manga is just too painful to read.. >.<

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics