Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 484votes)

Spirit Circle

Alt Names: alt スピリットサークルalt 魂环alt 魂環alt Ruh Çemberi
Author: Mizukami Satoshi
Artist: Mizukami Satoshi
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Fuuta Okeya is a normal 14-year-old boy, except for the fact that he has the ability to see ghosts. A cute girl transfers into his class one day, but acts particularly aggressive towards him. This girl called Kouko Ishigami is followed around by a ghost called East. Fuuta tries to get along with her but ends up failing after she sees the birthmark he usually keeps covered. She then declares him as her enemy, his birthmark as a cursed brand and claims they have a long history, while talking about reincarnation. Who is this girl and how are they connected?
Go to Spirit Circle Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Concluding thoughts... How was it? New Window Omerlife
  • 5 Replies
Topic Thus, I reviewed Spirit Circle New Window Swifft
  • 0 Replies
Topic To conclude... How was it? New Window Omerlife
  • 0 Replies
Topic Honest Thoughts New Window CPainter307
  • 0 Replies
Topic Wow, just , marvellous New Window WaterlyWinds
  • 5 Replies

530 Comments

They passed away at peace with one another...

I don't really see why Kouko still holds a grudge then.

because she is stuck and lost in another life. East said something about her being lost in Kouko or something like that, a life I assume is from before that buddha moment

They passed away at peace with one another...

I don't really see why Kouko still holds a grudge then.

Duralumin, thanks for your awesome translations up to now, personally I doubt crunchyroll would be able to be on par with yours (though I still made an account), but I hope they would at least look back at it.

Not master level. It's pretty much expected in anything that's not manga...
I mean, who would read a book if you didn't care about the characters? The whole point is to make them relatable and likeable. Manga just has much less focus on the quality of the plot.

Yeah, no. I read a lot of books and I can tell you that it's rare for any author to make you care about the characters in such a short time. Sure, it's expected that you'll become invested in their story over time, but considering the number of characters that have been introduced in this manga all based around the same relation (two people that hate each other and the people that influence them), it's hard to claim that any old author could do this, especially without it getting old. The way this mangaka takes a single, traditionally simple, character relation and spreads it out into all sorts of possibilities and then fleshes each one of those possibilities out to make a character and relation that you can really feel something for in such a short period is just amazing. Just think, while it may seem really spread out to those of us following each chapter, the amount of dialogue, and content in general, is quite small for the amount of detail we get out of it (granted, a good mangaka can convey character through images as well making the amount of information much larger, but each story is still really short).
Also, he kills them off so carefully, it's rare to see such character deaths in any medium; no one kills their characters off as lovingly as Mizukami Satoshi.

So damn good.

In such a few chapter the author manages to built characters that you actually care about. That's master level storytelling right there.

He builds characters you really care a freaking lot about... and then he kills them in stumply realistic yet dramatic ways.
Honestly I can't remember anything that has brought me as close to tears as this manga. I think I even cried a tear or two every now and then.
Now it makes me all nostalgic when I was still new to manga and read berserk... the first feast made tear up a little, too.

Spirit Circle however managed to do so without the need of excess violence and apocalyptic events of epic proportions that end up crippling your emotions in the long run
all the while still being far more emotional with "comparatively" realistic events.

I mean, who would read a book if you didn't care about the characters? The whole point is to make them relatable and likeable. Manga just has much less focus on the quality of the plot.

Well I'm not one for books, but I don't know of any comics, movies or TV-Shows that make me care about characters to this degree (or to any degree).

I'll grant you that there are a lot of crappy mangas out there and that quite a few mangakas really suck at being origininal or creative for that matter, 
but there are still plenty good mangas out there. And there're a lot of trashy movies (and trashy shows are for granted) as well.
Again: I'm not a sucker for books, but considering Twilight originally was a book, I'd figure that there are enough books that fit the category of trash as well.
So yes, I'd say Spirit Circle is a master piece.

Well, just like that, they ended that cicle? Not that I complai, but I'm a little sad.

So damn good.

In such a few chapter the author manages to built characters that you actually care about. That's master level storytelling right there.

After chapter 20, I kinda want to ship Fuuta with the Tareme friend who offered to be his nude model in art class... xD

Amazing concept, amazing execution, amazing art. To do this once is miraculous, to do this twice is genius. I just wish the author would be faster about putting this stuff out, the monthly releases really take away from the emotional impact of the story and character development. Though that's less a criticism of this specific mangaka and more one of the manga serial publishing system as a whole.

damn the past lives just keep going down.

ahh, so this is were he finaly lets go of his hatred, and now he will have a passed life that is willing to keep the others hatred in check.

Spoiler

I do not see this as passing. This is Fuuta giving Kouko a lap pillow. <3

Wait, Crunchyroll picked this series up?! Hooray!
I'm still glad Duralumin will pick this series up again if Crunchyroll doesn't do a good enough job.

Thanks for the chapter!

for me they didn't die, they are just taking a nap and will return to the little girl^^

Tough luck Akari ;_;

GOD DAMMIT NO

ugh come on.. ch20 is scanlated and it's not helping to relieve the pain from ch19..

JUST WHY??

Don't really want random tears to start my day..

Happiness not allowed apparently

So not sure if anyone made speculations yet.. But is Fortuna & Koko's world the past or the future or a separate timeline?

He doesn't have a birthmark yet so I'm sure we think it's the past.. Or the birthmark could have possibly faded and the cycle repeats..

Happiness not allowed apparently

So damn good.

Oh wow that was a pretty great end to the story. I like how they both died at peace with each other unlike those other bloody endings. Sir Sphinx still has the most memorable ending though.

Lie_down_try_not_to_cry_cry_a_lot_cleane

I love this manga, but man I'm telling you, it's depressing. Both main characters are just hammered with depressing shit over and over again. After dealing with all that who the hell would want revenge anymore.

I just do not understand how they died in this chapter. Is it dying of exhaustion or what?

I still stand by though that this is a manga I want more releases of. It is that good that I do not tire of it at all.

Losing an arm isn't just a matter of losing your ability to use a hand, it's a part of your body. You lose the flesh and blood which went a long with it. This means you're more susceptible to disease and fatigue becausr of it.

They killed themselves because they weren't fully healed and they hobbled for over a day straight without an arm of a leg each. You know Marathons? Those are based off an ancient greek story about a messenger running from Marathon to Athens, 26 miles straight. What people often forget about the story though is that the messenger died from exhaustion afterwards.

Your body isn't some indestructible machine that only fails when it's diseased or injured. You can die from overusing ot as well.

any theories about rei? she doesn't seem to be anyone close, and hasn't shown up in the past 2 lifetimes

Damnit Satoshi, why must you toy with my feels so?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics