Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 403votes)

I Am a Hero

Alt Names: alt Ako ay isang Bayanialt Aku Adalah Seorang Pahlawanalt アイアムアヒーローalt Ben Bir Kahramanımalt Eu Sou Um Heróialt 请叫我英雄alt Soy un Héroealt Tôi là anh hùngalt من قهرمانمalt Я — геройalt אני גיבורalt أنا بطل
Author: Hanazawa Kengo
Artist: Hanazawa Kengo
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSmut SmutSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hideo Suzuki is a thirty-five year old mangaka assistant struggling to be the hero in his own life by breaking back into the lime light with a new serial all the while juggling his relationship with his girlfriend and his own delusions.

However, as hard as Hideo may try, the world seems to have a different set of plans for him; sinister and dark machinations that completely overturn his reality as he knows it.

Nominated for the 3rd and 4th Manga Taisho Award (2010 and 2011).
Go to I Am a Hero Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Final Chapter (264) disc. (spoilers) New Window Serial Raper
  • 9 Replies
Topic Is there any sight to when this might end? New Window SangMo
  • 2 Replies
Topic "I Am a Hero" movie coming out April 23rd, 2016 New Window Ozen
  • 17 Replies
Topic Chapter 197 New Window Tadao
  • 0 Replies
Topic Zombie Apocalypse Day Preparation (For fun) New Window Harpuea
  • 21 Replies
Topic Infected and awakened and hair. New Window Delete me 12345567
  • 2 Replies

1217 Comments

Imagine the shitposts at /z/ at that time...

That can't be, what could this be competing against to get axed? i have not been living under a rock, this is way better that the heaps of shit that get published daily, they should be on their knees doing the dogesa asking to the author, with tears on their eyes, saying "please give us another manuscript, we will suck your dick!".

So maybe the author just ran out of content, he didn't knew where he could take the series, and rather than pulling a Gantz ending he decided something else.

It was not competing against anything. The author simply milked the series until the readers lost interest. You can tell an author is milking a series when the plot development drops and the nonsense psychological crap picks up. We've been at this same spot for how many chapters now? To show the MC getting up there, the giant zombie, and the people in the building should have taken ~4 chapters tops.

Another tell tale sign an author is milking a series is when they start introducing random elements instead of tying up loose ends. Remember how this shit is happening all over the world? How the zombies are merging and acting like aliens? We have never been given any explanation for this. I get the impression the author came up with this stuff to try to renew interest in the series rather than, you know, actually ending it.

You will notice these tell tale signs once you've been reading manga for awhile. In some ways you can't blame the author because more chapters = more money for them, but at the same time if they aren't creative enough to come up with original stories then they probably chose the wrong profession. Imagine a regular book author who instead of tying up lose ends just kept pumping out volume after volume of a franchise with little thought of the previous characters, except when it was convenient.

R.I.P. I am a Hero.

WTF. Did it just got axed? Too bad, I guess the alienation was the signal.

That can't be, what could this be competing against to get axed? i have not been living under a rock, this is way better that the heaps of shit that get published daily, they should be on their knees doing the dogesa asking to the author, with tears on their eyes, saying "please give us another manuscript, we will suck your dick!".

So maybe the author just ran out of content, he didn't knew where he could take the series, and rather than pulling a Gantz ending he decided something else.

http://i.imgur.com/IChJJk4.jpg

Looks like I need to find something new to translate soon...

Welp, let's enjoy the last few chapters for now. Shit is getting intense.

Final 7 chapters...

v_v

Looking forward to your scanlations, Arphage!

The giant monster is now humping a building...

That giant...thing...it's getting progressively more humanoid as it absorbs ZQN. I get the feeling that it might eventually take an actual human form. Giant Hiromi-chan incoming?

Hiromi needs to go back to Zeddit.

I predict everything goes to shit and everyone dies/turns into ZQN

Been saying this since way before the Oda Thing happened so I second this.

I predict everything goes to shit and everyone dies/turns into ZQN

Dammit! Second to finish the new release

Alright, that was the last chapter of volume 21. Next volume is not out yet so savor it.

Remember kids, one page a day keeps the ZQN away~

What even is his plan at this point? Randomly shoot at the mass’s eyes in hopes that this will do ... something?

Man, you are all fucked

Is it me or is the mangas reusing character art from earlier chapters?

It's always been like this.

Is it me or is the mangas reusing character art from earlier chapters?

YOU'RE NOT YOU WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY!

vCAaW.png

starting to not like the school girl anymore. But then again I'm not really sure wtf is happening. Aliens? Zombies?

Both. Those chapters where things happen at Italy (I think It was?) pretty much explain this as an alien invasion but zombies.

What a slow motion senselessness!

starting to not like the school girl anymore. But then again I'm not really sure wtf is happening. Aliens? Zombies?

it feels like this manga will going to end soon...

Sooo does this foreshadow Hideo actually killing her later on???? I mean I doubt she can be saved at all If she already fused with the mass (assuming she did).

The other option is like a Narutaru ending

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics