Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.39 - 335votes)

High-School DxD

Alt Names: alt ハイスクールD×Dalt High School DxD
Author: Ishibumi Ichiei
Artist: Mishima Hiroji
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHarem HaremRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hyoudou Issei is an ordinary yet lecherous highschool student who is killed by his girlfriend, Amano Yuuma, during their first date. Yuma is revealed to be a fallen angel named Reinare who was sent on a mission to eliminate divine weapons. Issei is later reincarnated as a devil by his senpai Rias Gremory; who in return will serve under Rias in fighting against the fallen angels.

adaptation of the light novel series written by Ishibumi Ichiei with illustrations by Miyama-Zero

Spin-off:

> High-School DxD: Aashia & Koneko Himitsu no Keiyaku!?
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/high-school-dxd-aashia-koneko-himitsu-no-keiyaku-r3610 )
Go to High-School DxD Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic "Read unwatermarked version at Batoto.com" New Window Solerum
  • 66 Replies
Topic Highschool DxD Anime New Window Karl
  • 23 Replies
Topic General Disccusion New Window Cassanova
  • 27 Replies
Topic The Best Girl New Window Otaku247
  • 3 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Pax Empyrean
  • 42 Replies
Topic [spoilers] (Light Novel Only) Logic Proof: White >> Red New Window Zyst
  • 22 Replies

812 Comments

Chapter 30's already translated. Will get that out whenever the cleaning/redrawing is done.

One chapter per month, and that's if we're lucky.
I would love to help the scans group, but I don't have any talents to do so.
Tried joining a scans group before, but they only active on AIM, which I can't get it for some unknown reason, and the prev scans group are pretty much dead....orz...is there no scans group out there willing to make this manga their weekly released?!?!

Bro you need to chill the f#ck out. We're not that far behind and once we catch up to japan you're just gonna have to get used to the monthly releases because the manga runs on a monthly magazine. 

Anyways, ch 29 should be out soon. 

One chapter per month, and that's if we're lucky.
I would love to help the scans group, but I don't have any talents to do so.
Tried joining a scans group before, but they only active on AIM, which I can't get it for some unknown reason, and the prev scans group are pretty much dead....orz...is there no scans group out there willing to make this manga their weekly released?!?!

n-ni-NINE PAGES!?!?

I viewed it as an omake.  So I didn't end up feeling too terribly cheated.

n-ni-NINE PAGES!?!?

The author has nothing to do with it, I'm sure. Usually anime production companies will take in and consider ideas and such from the authors but it's not as though the author has any large say in production matter unless they're a huge name that carries a lot of weight in the industry. Most anime productions based on light novels actually give rather little to no control to the original authors and they just do what will sell. Fanservice anime is often a result of that.

No you misunderstood. I'm not talking about what he has done or not done in the anime since I'm well-aware that the final decision is made by the director(small note, but there are deleted scenes that didn't make it into the TV broadcast.) my problem with him is in the LNs but like I said, the current plot is amazing so my problem isn't really a reason that I would discourage others from reading.

I'm curious to know what the author pulled recently to get on your bad side.

The author has nothing to do with it, I'm sure. Usually anime production companies will take in and consider ideas and such from the authors but it's not as though the author has any large say in production matter unless they're a huge name that carries a lot of weight in the industry. Most anime productions based on light novels actually give rather little to no control to the original authors and they just do what will sell. Fanservice anime is often a result of that. 

I haven't watched the anime so I won't comment on its competence to deliver the original story as seen in the light novels but from what I have seen (lengthy clips of the fanservice) - it is very fanservice heavy and I personally think that would detract from the importance of the story significantly. Flashing body parts nonchalantly even during important scenes makes the scene silly. It changes the entire tone of the scene. While it might portray the wording of the story well, it doesn't carry the same emotional impact. I think that's what people are complaining about. 

Are you freaking kidding me? Please tell me this was a joke.

Spoiler

WARNING If you click the spoiler, you will find a rant so I advise you to stay away if you really think the anime is the best and most accurate representation of what DxD really is in its full glory.

I'm curious to know what the author pulled recently to get on your bad side.

Spoiler

WARNING If you click the spoiler, you will find a rant so I advise you to stay away if you really think the anime is the best and most accurate representation of what DxD really is in its full glory. 

Pretty much sums it up. Yet another great series turned into a pointless fanservice show.

eh maybe the anime is not accurate but it's definitely an enjoyable watch. And DxD anime is more geared for fanservice by choice.
In the first place, LN tends to be too detail and they don't have the screentime.
A recent one is Log Horizon. I applaud the screenwriters that can pack a lot of content sacrificing as little as possible for adaptation. Makes the pace really fast though - and before I know it the episode's over >.>
And I think the first volumes of DxD are so-so compared to the later ones. So if you read too far in the LN it makes sense for you to be disappointed by the anime - but I think it's a pretty good adaptation o_O
In fact there's some anime where the MC sits there for like 5 minutes doing nothing by thinking and I get irritated >.< manga/LN is the place for that where you can use up page space but each second in the anime costs $$$ (or JPY o_O)

I'm certainly not saying that the anime was shit. On the contrary it was one of the better adaptations. The problem is that they cloud the series with all the fanservice. And quite frankly could have something else instead of those close-up boob shots and teaser pics.

Again I am not hating on the anime as a whole, only in terms of accurately portraying what its supposed to be. Yes, it is indeed a series that uses boobs as a plot device, but there is a lot more to it than that. This series should be appreciated by many, not just the pervs.

eh maybe the anime is not accurate but it's definitely an enjoyable watch. And DxD anime is more geared for fanservice by choice.

In the first place, LN tends to be too detail and they don't have the screentime.

A recent one is Log Horizon. I applaud the screenwriters that can pack a lot of content sacrificing as little as possible for adaptation. Makes the pace really fast though - and before I know it the episode's over >.>

And I think the first volumes of DxD are so-so compared to the later ones. So if you read too far in the LN it makes sense for you to be disappointed by the anime - but I think it's a pretty good adaptation o_O

In fact there's some anime where the MC sits there for like 5 minutes doing nothing by thinking and I get irritated >.< manga/LN is the place for that where you can use up page space but each second in the anime costs $$$ (or JPY o_O)

The anime was not spot on, oddly many character were changed for strange gimmicks.  Issei was made somehow stupider and more perverted.....  for one he is definitely not a lolicon in the LN, though he does develop feelings for certain characters.

What?  The anime was a spot on accurate adaptation of the Light Novels. If anything the anime is better than the manga.  High School DxD anime is one of the few animes that does a Light Novel justice. 

Spoiler

Eh...bad news for you

Spoiler

lol I like that one chapter too. I was so confused whether to enjoy it or not, but I just couldn't ignore the delicious artworks.

For the debate whether novel, anime, or manga is better:

Well, I has been following the manga since before the S1 anime aired. I couldn't wait for the result of Gremory's rating game VS the Pheonix in the manga, so I started watching the anime. Even though I disliked the character designs in anime, they grew so entertaining to me. The S1 anime ending was so good that I started reading the light novel. (It's gotten way too funny and epic that you wouldn't be able to stop reading) Now while waiting for the translation between novel volumes, I have the anime and manga to fill the gap.

Enjoyment value x3

HS DXD is probably the first series I have been able to have so much fun with.

Your are 100% correct i love this series and it sucks that the manga comes out once every 4 months and theres no more anime and its been over a year and no 3rd season announcement in sight makes me super sad and very letdown.

The second season of DxD ended at the end of September. It's only been 4 months since it ended. It isn't the least bit uncommon for there to be several months if not a year+ for a new season of an anime to be announced.

Also, going by their 2013 releases, Japanzai averaged a release every month and a half, not 4 months, and we've released two chapters in the past month ourselves.

What?  The anime was a spot on accurate adaptation of the Light Novels. If anything the anime is better than the manga.  High School DxD anime is one of the few animes that does a Light Novel justice. 

Your are 100% correct i love this series and it sucks that the manga comes out once every 4 months and theres no more anime and its been over a year and no 3rd season announcement in sight makes me super sad and very letdown.

Still looking forward to adaptation of LN Vol 13... especially the matter with Kiba.

The anime was just for fan service and dont do the true story justice.  The manga is better at it but its still far off from the greatness of the LN.

Dat ASSia. I mean, really. Nice find, Derek.

Also, Akeno's areolae are apparently a relatively normal size, considering her bust. How about that.

Man, looking back on the mangas, it really hits home at how much farther long the LNs are.

Spoiler

hearteyes.jpg

Man, I really love Asia... I really do like Rias, but I really wish Asia would win out, no matter how far fetched that probably is in the end... 

High School DxD Akuma no Oshimoto RAWs, a spin off to Highschool DxD  (http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/product/301305004335/):

http://goo.gl/1rNK1W

the link could be broken any time.

Boobs are a justifiable reason!!!!onionamericaplz.gif?1

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics