Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Pax Empyrean

Pax Empyrean

Potato

• Members
  • 123 posts
So, talk about the latest chapter here.

Chapter 9 just came out, and this line caught my attention: "It's good to live for love, but yours is a tainted one."

That had me thinking of the lyrics to "Tainted Love" for the rest of the chapter. It actually describes the events of Issei's and the fallen angel's relationship pretty well.

Sometimes I feel I've got to
Run away I've got to
Get away
From the pain that you drive into the heart of me
The love we share
Seems to go nowhere
And I've lost my light
For I toss and turn I can't sleep at night

(chorus)
Once I ran to you (I ran)
Now I'll run from you
This tainted love you've given
I give you all a boy could give you
Take my tears and that's not nearly all
Oh...tainted love
Tainted love

Now I know I've got to
Run away I've got to
Get away
You don't really want IT any more from me
To make things right
You need someone to hold you tight
And you'LL think love is to pray
But I'm sorry I don't pray that way

(chorus...)

Don't touch me please
I cannot stand the way you tease
I love you though you hurt me so
Now I'm going to pack my things and go
Tainted love, tainted love (x2)
Touch me baby, tainted love (x2)
Tainted love (x3)

Andrew Ferguson

Andrew Ferguson

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Not sure how to feel about issie still being in love with the fallen angel after all she did kill him and potentionaly killed off a friend (i know she lives shes on the cover XP) he should of just finished it after all that "witch be tripp'n"

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Not sure how to feel about issie still being in love with the fallen angel after all she did kill him and potentionaly killed off a friend (i know she lives shes on the cover XP) he should of just finished it after all that "witch be tripp'n"

Reading both the light novel and the manga....no Issei is not in love with Yuuma anymore and now pretty much hates her, it's just that he still has feelings that still lingered from his memories of the date. It's like the feelings one has when your boyfriend or girlfriend cheats on you.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Dai Satō

Dai Satō

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationIn yo mind
is it me or is asshia facial expressions priceless?

large.jpg

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
She isn't used to normal human interaction and tends to be pretty shy, especially with her newfound affection for Issei...very cute.

Dai Satō

Dai Satō

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationIn yo mind

She isn't used to normal human interaction and tends to be pretty shy, especially with her newfound affection for Issei...very cute.

i might like her face on the last pane on page 19 of chapter 10 i thought that face was just priceless

large.jpg

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
hmm I thought Asia in that panel was drawn as mistake..... it's not an expression she'd have. (evil/devious eyes)

Dai Satō

Dai Satō

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationIn yo mind
i thought it was ironic cuz she just turned into a devil so i thought it was priceless how now she could look like one too

large.jpg

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

i thought it was ironic cuz she just turned into a devil so i thought it was priceless how now she could look like one too

Well going by the novel, she pretty much retains the same personality as she did before and even has nostalgia of her life as a nun, it's not easy to just give up her faith.

Dai Satō

Dai Satō

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationIn yo mind

Well going by the novel, she pretty much retains the same personality as she did before and even has nostalgia of her life as a nun, it's not easy to just give up her faith.

note to self real novel later

large.jpg

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Hmm I the art for the manga is technically good but I feel like it's not up to par with the anime and the illustrations of the light novel. How should I say it....they're too "otakuish." As for the anime, it's good but it skips some dialogue and....so much fan service. -.- Up to an unbelievable level, the ending song is just........

Edited by Saphsin, 05 February 2012 - 10:05 PM.

Dai Satō

Dai Satō

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationIn yo mind

Hmm I the art for the manga is technically good but I feel like it's not up to par with the anime and the illustrations of the light novel. How should I say it....they're too "otakuish." As for the anime, it's good but it skips some dialogue and....so much fan service. -.- Up to an unbelievable level, the ending song is just........

so true the anime really didn't explain the whole how many pieces your soul is worth to well

large.jpg

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
There were little things here and there that were missed, the explanation of the role of the pieces wasn't covered well in the anime either.
Contrast it to how it is explained in the light novel:

Spoiler

Xlinc

Xlinc

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
wonder if his gear will keep going up is arm will look so cool XD

Veres László

Veres László

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
Im gettin watermarks... -.-

Kazeshini581

Kazeshini581

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
I think Rias has an arranged marriage or something and Issei's parents reactions are to funny i love this manga
Posted Image

Dai Satō

Dai Satō

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationIn yo mind
after watching the newest episode of it and watching this i think its safe to assume that rias prolly have something heavy to think about like...and this is me just throwing my thought out there

she prolly gotta find a partner to help her succeed her house? or maybe even better she extremy jealous of asia that she gets to stay at issei house and a bride in training sort of deal

large.jpg

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
If you want to find out.......read the light novel. Thus I have no part in this discussion. T.T

Dai Satō

Dai Satō

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationIn yo mind

If you want to find out.......read the light novel. Thus I have no part in this discussion. T.T

challenge accepted

large.jpg

Dai Satō

Dai Satō

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationIn yo mind
so i just got down reading the first and second volume of the novel(i know i eat books :/ cant help it i love literature) and that blew my mind thank you saphsin

large.jpg